Pages:
Author

Topic: Charlie Lee Sold his Litecoin for "Conflicts of Interest" - page 2. (Read 295 times)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 254
Yesterday, Charlie Lee sold his Litetcoin. He said he was doing it because of the "conflict of interest" that arose as a result of talking about Litecoin. What are your opinions of it?

I think that he has a point. Although he may have no monetary incentive for Litecoin to rally, he has every other incentive to see it succeed. It was his creation and he has his name to it. By not holding the coins, he can easily sing its praises without having to worry about accusations of "market manipulation".

That is much less that can be said about other coins in the cryptocurrency ecosystems.

https://www.coinbureau.com/analysis/litecoin-founder-sells-ltc-avoid-conflict-interest/

That's an intriguing perspective you put up. I think I have to agree with you on that, but I just don't know how the community will react to it moving forward. It's possible that they'll see Charlie Lee as a coward of sorts to pull out when there's a promising build up. There will always be people who fail to see that it's potentially beneficial for the whole of the coin, and these people might weigh down the price by removing their support of litecoin as well. We'll see what happens within the next week.

Truly intriguing. He should keep going all the way rather than going totally all out. There is a difference between cashing some and there is another difference in cashing everything. What is the essence of the decentralization we are fighting for when Charlie Lee himself feels holding cash as against his own coin that he has put out there is better for him. Instead of him to keep fighting to give it the best while holding to make people know he still has some pretty good desire to keep things going for the coin. It is more like a Captain abandoning his own ship for another one.

Didn't see that news coming, truly unexpected! However, he is not abandoning the ship as you mention. I can understand his reasons and personally I think he has done in the best interest of the litecoin community. He will stay on board and continue to develop litecoin.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
Yesterday, Charlie Lee sold his Litetcoin. He said he was doing it because of the "conflict of interest" that arose as a result of talking about Litecoin. What are your opinions of it?

I think that he has a point. Although he may have no monetary incentive for Litecoin to rally, he has every other incentive to see it succeed. It was his creation and he has his name to it. By not holding the coins, he can easily sing its praises without having to worry about accusations of "market manipulation".

That is much less that can be said about other coins in the cryptocurrency ecosystems.

https://www.coinbureau.com/analysis/litecoin-founder-sells-ltc-avoid-conflict-interest/

That's an intriguing perspective you put up. I think I have to agree with you on that, but I just don't know how the community will react to it moving forward. It's possible that they'll see Charlie Lee as a coward of sorts to pull out when there's a promising build up. There will always be people who fail to see that it's potentially beneficial for the whole of the coin, and these people might weigh down the price by removing their support of litecoin as well. We'll see what happens within the next week.

Truly intriguing. In as much as I feel it is his decision and he has some point, but still, he should have kept going a bit, rather than going totally all out. What is the essence of the decentralization we are fighting for when Charlie Lee himself feels holding cash as against his own coin that he has put out there is better for him, if he indeed exchanged it all into fiat. It is more like a Captain abandoning his own ship for another one but at the same time, his intentions may be a good one but that depends on how the community perceives it.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: