Pages:
Author

Topic: Chatbans on BTC-E - page 2. (Read 1986 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
April 10, 2013, 09:07:58 PM
It had nothing to do with the content of your post. They auto-ban for caps.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
April 10, 2013, 09:04:27 PM
USE OF CAPS  Cheesy

I am still banned for 1761 minutes and I was banned yesterday. I was spamming just like everyone else, but what's the big deal eh??
I was told it was the caps, so never use the caps!
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
April 10, 2013, 07:50:55 PM
Honestly you probably got banned for using too many caps.

The real reason you shouldnt ever use BTC-e again is because when your account gets compromised they take more than 24 hours to assist you.

Best $1000 I ever lost.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
April 10, 2013, 05:31:02 PM
It seems that there is a rather arbitrary system of administration on the chat for BTC-E, to the point that educating people in real time isn't allowed.

My last comment (which is was the only comment in several minutes, and thus I'm assuming the reason I was banned) was:

BTC is dropping? MOAR PANIC PLEASE! I want to have a good price when I buy in!

Which was in response to the fear-mongering person about 8 lines before me (chat lag, etc.) who was claiming that BTC was going to drop in value again. The overall climb in price of 80% since that person said what they did is just proving the point.

I didn't use vulgarity, I wasn't actually being mean, and it wasn't actually a troll (so much as a counter-troll). And yet the original person pushing the panic button didn't get the ban: I did.

There was no warning. There was no reason given. There was no actual rule posted or broken. It was just the arbitrary whim of the admin on a power trip with a ban hammer.

I complained. Ignored (not that I'm that surprised).

So, forget my funding going to BTC-E... if that's what they allow, then I can't really trust them. Scratch one exchange off my list.

Not calling for anyone else to boycot or anything, just satisfying my ego, here, and trying to see if someone at BTC-E might actually care enough to add a REASON for the ban, other than "you pissed off an admin, sucks to be you" (which is valid, but ultimately will hurt their business if it keeps up).