Pages:
Author

Topic: Cheap hardware wallet ? - page 2. (Read 452 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
December 09, 2018, 05:53:23 PM
Hi guys, my question may be very silly, but i really need to know  Cry
I want to ask if i instal some wallet on pendrive send there some f.e. BTC will i get very cheap hardware wallet ?  Huh
Did anybody try that ?
That's not how a hardware wallet works. Installing your wallet in your pen drive won't do anything for your coin's security.

The main advantages of most (if not all) main hardware wallets (such as Nano S and Trezor) is that your private-keys are isolated in that small piece of hardware. This means that whenever you connect the hardware wallet to your computer, there is not a single thing/software/virus in your computer that may sniff the private-key out of the device. You send the transaction information (amount, to which address you want to send) to the hardware device, and the transaction is signed there - with the private key - and sent back to your computer to be broadcasted.

If you just store your coins in a pen drive, whenever you connect it into your computer, the pen drive will be "mounted" in your computer, which means that it can be accessible by every process in your computer (thus, any virus can steal your coins/private-keys).
copper member
Activity: 98
Merit: 16
December 09, 2018, 05:49:16 PM
Not sure I correctly get what you are trying to ask especially on the part of sending "some f.e. BTC" Please try to make the question much more direct and clear.

Are you trying to make a hardware wallet using a pen drive?
Try out these guides, Maybe it could help on any answer you are searching for.
- https://steemit.com/crypto/@guidedcrypto/diy-make-your-own-crypto-hardware-wallet.
- https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinBeginners/comments/7zzrsq/anyone_know_how_to_diy_a_hardware_wallet/
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 09, 2018, 05:33:06 PM
Hi guys, my question may be very silly, but i really need to know  Cry
I want to ask if i instal some wallet on pendrive send there some f.e. BTC will i get very cheap hardware wallet ?  Huh
Did anybody try that ?
Pages:
Jump to: