Pages:
Author

Topic: CheapSweep: a script for low-cost address sweeping - page 2. (Read 9006 times)

Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
...and some statistics regarding the transfers I made while figuring this out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhDiish0IKqvdHpUOVQzZDZQbS1LMWRFNmFvRXYtVVE

24.253.13.34 is the router for my home network; my mining rig is on this network, and it's where CheapSweep was developed and tested. 173.242.112.67 is most likely on the same subnet as 173.242.112.53, which the Bitcoin wiki recommends for relaying free transactions.  Two other IPs also appear.

Also interesting: Eclipse mined five of the six blocks containing my transactions.
One more tip: If you use my script, you might want to make this change in ~/.bitcoin/bitcoin.conf, as recommended in https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Free_transaction_relay_policy:

Code:
addnode=173.242.112.53
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
What follows is a shell script to automate this process.

Very cool.  Every so often someone wants to clean out their wallet or redeem the losing bets on SatoshiDICE and this will be the tool I suggest to them.  Thanks for sharing this!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Very nice Smiley And quite a simple script as well. Bravo.
I had a bunch of small transactions accumulated from mining, change, the various free-bitcoin sources, etc. and wanted to consolidate all of them onto one address.  I tried sweeping them with Armory, but it choked on the transaction when I went to offline-sign it.  Even before that, though, it said it was going to cost BTC0.024 to send, which seems a bit out of line.  I tried importing the privkeys to bitcoind and sending them directly from there, but it also insisted on a hefty fee.  I tried the bitcoin-nftf fork; it didn't work any better.

I then tried crafting a raw transaction of 66 inputs totaling about BTC0.025, one output, and a BTC0.0001 fee. bitcoind accepted it; after about three hours, it was confirmed. I'm not in a hurry, so this is acceptable. If you need faster turnaround, this script is probably not for you.

What follows is a shell script to automate this process.  You pick one or more source addresses from your wallet and a destination address that may or may not be in your wallet.  The fee is up to you.  By default, it will sweep inputs with at least 6 confirmations to the destination address; if you're sweeping from an address that receives generated coin from P2Pool, you'll probably want to include "-c 120" to avoid trying to send immature coin. The only dependency is a running bitcoind (0.7 or later).  The rest is fairly standard shell-script programming, with grep, sed, tr, and bc doing most of the munging.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# CheapSweep v0.1
# Scott Alfter
# [email protected]
# Donations: 1TipSAXbE6owdU24bcBDJKmL8JRxQe5Yu

help()
{
cat <&2
Usage: $0 [options] -d destaddr addr1 addr2 ...

options: -d|--destaddr  destination address (REQUIRED)
         -f|--fee       fee to subtract from inputs (default: 0)
         -c|--confirm   minimum confirmations to include input (default: 6)
         -n|--no-send   don't send; dump the raw transaction to stdout
EOF
}

fee=0.0
minconfirm=6
OPTS=$(getopt -o d:f:c:hn --long destaddr:,fee:,confirm:,help,no-send -- "$@")
eval set -- "$OPTS"
while true; do
  case "$1" in
    -d|--destaddr)  destaddr="$2"; shift 2;;
    -f|--fee)       fee="$2"; shift 2;;
    -c|--confirm)   minconfirm="$2"; shift 2;;
    -n|--no-send)   nosend=1; shift 1;;
    -h|--help)      help; exit 1;;
    --)             shift; break;;
    *)              echo "Internal error"; exit 1;;
  esac
done
if [ "$destaddr" == "" ]
then
  help
  exit 1
fi

addrs=$(echo $* | sed "s/^/[\"/;s/ /\",\"/g;s/\$/\"]/")
total=$(bitcoind listunspent $minconfirm 21000000 $addrs | grep amount | sed "s/.*: //;s/,//" | tr "\n" "+" | sed "s/+\$/\n/" | bc)
total=$(echo $total - $fee | bc)

tx=$(bitcoind signrawtransaction $(bitcoind createrawtransaction [$(bitcoind listunspent $minconfirm 21000000 $addrs | egrep "txid|vout" | sed "s/\"txid/{\"txid/;s/\"vout\" : \([0-9]*\),/\"vout\" : \1},/" | tr -d "\n" | tr -d " " | sed "s/,\$//")] {\"$destaddr\":$total}) | grep \"hex\" | sed "s/.*: \"//;s/\",//")

if [ "$nosend" != "" ]
then
  echo $tx
else
  bitcoind sendrawtransaction $tx
fi
Pages:
Jump to: