Pages:
Author

Topic: Check out this poll on Bitcoin - 95% would never buy!!! - page 2. (Read 4314 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
And now you see the proper distribution of IQ levels in humanity.

And you simultaneously see why your whole Bitcoin is going to be worth a sh*t ton of money in 10 years.

This is only good news.  Because as the 95% sheeples talk trash and cower in fear, those with IQ's over 100 actually did a lil reading and are watching the paradigm change take hold all over the world.

By the time the 95% sheeples realize what its worth, it will be way too late for them to make any money on it, and you'll be buying yachts.

-B-

So because the majority of people are unwilling to invest in a high risk commodity, that makes them unintelligent? You must be a very interesting person in real life.
The commodity itself is not high risk. It is actually extremely low risk so far as simple investing goes. The risk lies with the user. When security falls on the individual, and most individuals are clueless about online security, they falsely perceive bitcoin as being risky when the flaw lies with themselves.
Activity: 350
Merit: 253

And you simultaneously see why your whole Bitcoin is going to be worth a sh*t ton of money in 10 years.

This is only good news.  Because as the 95% sheeples talk trash and cower in fear, those with IQ's over 100 actually did a lil reading and are watching the paradigm change take hold all over the world.

By the time the 95% sheeples realize what its worth, it will be way too late for them to make any money on it, and you'll be buying yachts.

-B-

So because the majority of people are unwilling to invest in a high risk commodity, that makes them unintelligent? You must be a very interesting person in real life.
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
"never" is a long time  Grin
Activity: 634
Merit: 500
Great now you just removed all my doubts..... yup your score is pretty low. Go take some Statistic class, you're talking to a person with a degree in Actual Science.

Edit: i dont feel like reading your reply again so i'm gonna end this. Its easy for you to read and copy some txt on website without actually understand what it is. Avg or mean of the normal distribution is 100, with the standard deviation is 15 means :

95% of the population is within 70-130 (double SD). So yes its possible to have 95% below 100. Its not "50/50" like some "gambler" when they think of avg.

I have three degrees in 'Actual Science'.

This is a very frustrating discussion. In order to properly explain this we need visuals.

You don't even need to read this reply, I just wanted to say that it isn't really cool or polite to be so dismissive and judgmental.

Additionally, the bolded part illustrates the problem. It is mathematically impossible to create a data set that simultaneously: Is normally distributed, has the average at 100, a standard deviation of 15, and has 95% of the population below the average.

I defy anyone to produce the above data set. It is mathematically and statistically impossible.
legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 4562
You're never too old to think young.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/14/bitcoin-class-action-seeks-500m-compensation-for-canadian-users

I was just reading this article about the class-action lawsuit against Mt. Gox being filed in Ontario. They have a poll asking if one would ever buy bitcoins. Over 5000 voters and 95% voted no, while only 3% voted yes.

Just be aware that the Toronto Sun is a trashy little right-wing tabloid. Polling its readers is like polling the John Birch Society, NRA or KKK. This is a "newspaper" that actually supported Rob Ford. Of course their readers will have a lower IQ and include more luddites than average.
____

Thanks for alerting me to the Ontario-based class-action suit against Gox. I had a ticket open at Gox about the 49 coins they wouldn't let me move to cold storage in early September, that they said had been withdrawn on Sept 29.

I don't know if my account there was hacked or if  they simply were stealing my coins, but I just filled out the forms to join the C-A suit. Any return would be nice at this time.

Thanks again.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Context of the article skews the poll results.

That's like first showing Detroit to non-Americans and then asking what they think of the US.

+1

came here to say this. it's called poisoning the well.

--arepo

Then again, Detroit has never been "The most popular...anything", and is a much smaller part of the US than Gox was of Bitcoin. So, bad analogy
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
this statement is false
Context of the article skews the poll results.

That's like first showing Detroit to non-Americans and then asking what they think of the US.

+1

came here to say this. it's called poisoning the well.

--arepo
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
So 5% would? Cool, 50x increase from now.

lol its funny cuz its technically true

Exactly.  3% of the population buying bitcoin represents more than an order of magnitude increase in the user base.  This would push the price up tremendously, increase the public's knowledge of bitcoin, and add legitimacy (there'd be a better chance that someone whose opinion you respect is involved with bitcoin).

Next time the poll is taken, 20% will say they'd purchase bitcoin.  

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node
3 % ain´t bad, actually.

if 3 % of the world population would buy, bitcoin for 100 dollars that would make 

216 000 000 mio users and additional market cap of $ 21 600 000 000

ccmf todamoon alert...

You bring up a good point. I think we could definitely hit that market cap within this year. Most of those no voters probably read 'digital currency' and think that bitcoin is like MMO game gold that can be farmed/mined.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Lets assume 90% of the yes voters already own BTC.

And 20% of maybe -> yes.

Now 0.7%

I believe that much more.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
The upside potential implied is truly mind boggling.
This.
And also most people are not very good at predicting their own future actions.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
The upside potential implied is truly mind boggling.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

lol its funny cuz its technically true
Activity: 708

-B-

without the 95% of literally brainwashed dumbasses turning to bitcoin, I doubt there'll be the capital coming in in a way that's needed to see any real price rise.
Activity: 71
Merit: 16
Most people don't have the time to learn about BTC and all they hear is bad news. I wouldn't call someone stupid because they won't invest without due diligence.

Ok, that's true. But what about people making uninformed opinions?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
Activity: 214
Merit: 100

-B-

Most people don't have the time to learn about BTC and all they hear is bad news. I wouldn't call someone stupid because they won't invest without due diligence.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/14/bitcoin-class-action-seeks-500m-compensation-for-canadian-users

I was just reading this article about the class-action lawsuit against Mt. Gox being filed in Ontario. They have a poll asking if one would ever buy bitcoins. Over 5000 voters and 95% voted no, while only 3% voted yes.

3 % ain´t bad, actually.

if 3 % of the world population would buy, bitcoin for 100 dollars that would make 

216 000 000 mio users and additional market cap of $ 21 600 000 000

ccmf todamoon alert...
Activity: 658

This is only good news.  Because as the 95% sheeples talk trash and cower in fear, those with IQ's over 100 actually did a lil reading and are watching the paradigm change take hold all over the world.

-B-

This isn't how IQ scores work.

A population with 95% of people under 100 is impossible, because 100 is defined as the average of a population. It will always be 50:50.

And..... thats not how average works.... wow

Now i know what your IQ score is.  Roll Eyes

Actually it is.

IQ tests were designed to plot human intelligence across a normal distribution. The creators placed 100 at the very center, set 15 to be the standard deviation, and from there were able to describe all levels of intelligence relative to the 'average intelligence'.

Great now you just removed all my doubts..... yup your score is pretty low. Go take some Statistic class, you're talking to a person with a degree in Actual Science.

Edit: i dont feel like reading your reply again so i'm gonna end this. Its easy for you to read and copy some txt on website without actually understand what it is. Avg or mean of the normal distribution is 100, with the standard deviation is 15 means :

95% of the population is within 70-130 (double SD). So yes its possible to have 95% below 100. Its not "50/50" like some "gambler" when they think of avg.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire

-B-

This isn't how IQ scores work.

A population with 95% of people under 100 is impossible, because 100 is defined as the average of a population. It will always be 50:50.

You're assuming that the poll takers had a normal distribution of IQ. If people with a lower IQ were more likely to answer the poll, then you could in fact have 100% of the people say they wouldn't buy bitcoins and yet their average IQ could be under 100. For a small sample size of 5000 I'd doubt they had a normal distribution of IQ's....not even accounting for the probability that people that would answer such a poll are more likely to have a lower IQ IMO.
Pages:
Jump to: