Pages:
Author

Topic: Check your Electric Bill - page 3. (Read 1106 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 4
September 23, 2018, 06:59:44 AM
Anyone that is not using Solar to turn Sunshine into money is C-R-A-Z-Y.  ; Wink

Ask yourself the next time you open that $500+ electric bill: "How many solar panels would this have bought?"

Chris B.

Yup going solar soon as well. Even without mining my house with two households uses a lot of power. So its a win win really. Now to just use the heat to reduce the heating bill in the winder and I am golden.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
September 23, 2018, 06:09:45 AM
Anyone that is not using Solar to turn Sunshine into money is C-R-A-Z-Y.  ; Wink

Ask yourself the next time you open that $500+ electric bill: "How many solar panels would this have bought?"

Chris B.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
September 23, 2018, 04:55:48 AM
noone should be mining right now. You are almost all mining at a loss with no granted profit.

He says something right but on the other hand, what will blockchains do to mine the transactions on it? Lol, everyone knows mining is a big risk. If you entered the scene with a good mindset, you'll see that there are really a lot of things to consider before going onto mining.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
September 23, 2018, 04:30:35 AM
Long time miners have always know about summer vs winter rates, its typical

your sumner rates are actually not bad.  I pay .08 in winter and .13 to .15 in summer
I twns to shut down in the summer.   

Next summer i go solar so i can keep mining

That's a wise decision over there.
Mining is not bad at all especially if you're not paying electricity bill at the end of the month.
You just have to shell out money at the start, but, that's a very good investment there.
Solar panels can be used within your lifetime.

Actually, why wait until summer to go solar?

The sun comes out all year round and even if there is less sun, it is still always profitable to have solar. But like what the OP of this thread pointed out, make sure you do the proper calculations and have a backup plan. You can't setup a solar farm only to end up without something to mine next year. The power generated by your panels would be useless if unused (some governments don't allow you to sell back to the grid).
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
September 23, 2018, 04:08:33 AM

your sumner rates are actually not bad.  I pay .08 in winter and .13 to .15 in summer

That's a wise decision over there.
Mining is not bad at all especially if you're not paying electricity bill at the end of the month.
You just have to shell out money at the start, but, that's a very good investment there.
Solar panels can be used within your lifetime.
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
September 23, 2018, 02:54:20 AM
This isn't mining advice.

This is life advice.

I checked my rates long before I ever started mining.

Welcome to life.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
September 23, 2018, 01:36:23 AM
The rates are pretty fair and its normal for the Summer rate to be higher than the Winter rate.

In the Summer they want to penalise the people who need to use air conditioners since its drives up the demand in areas of low supply. And in the Winter, depending where you live, your rate might be capped since people need to use space heaters to keep warm in the winter.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
September 23, 2018, 12:32:38 AM
noone should be mining right now. You are almost all mining at a loss with no granted profit.

Show me a retard who constantly makes extreme generalized statements, and I'll show you a piskeante.

Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
September 23, 2018, 12:10:10 AM

Activity: 42
Merit: 1
September 22, 2018, 08:12:13 PM

so what are miners suppose to do?
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
September 22, 2018, 07:01:12 PM

yeah totally dude  Roll Eyes
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
September 22, 2018, 06:20:47 PM
Activity: 88
Merit: 7
September 22, 2018, 05:59:07 PM
I just got my electric bill yesterday, and it was more than I was expecting.
Granted I know running the Rigs, + Home AC never turning off due to the Rigs, was going to up my usage.
When I divided out my bill by KWHs it came out to about 9 cents / KWH.
Originally when I did the math earlier in the year it was only 7 cents / KWH.
I went to my local electric company's website and found they have semi annual billing rates.
They have a summer rate which is 8.5 Cents / KWH + taxes and fees,  Then they have a winter rate which is 5.8 cents / KWH.
Luckily winter rates start Oct 1st for me.
Great knowing things are about to get more profitable.
Just a reminder to check your bills and make sure your rates aren't changing, as this kind of caught me off guard.
Pages:
Jump to: