Pages:
Author

Topic: Chia Cryptocurrency - page 2. (Read 1637 times)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 279
May 25, 2021, 01:18:45 PM
in 30 days difficulty from 47 to 747    HuhHuh     this train is gone...

Huh Huh

https://www.chiaexplorer.com/charts/difficulty?period=1m
It had never gone, I have just checked and researched on chia network and discovered it's a good and reputable and promisable project, the fact that it's listed on almost all of the best cryptocyrrency exchange speaks good about it and possibly will take time to shows her development into the crypto mainstream. Trading volume is sufficient to utilize the coin to reach her goal. Chia network is a good project but can't be used to compare with bitcoin, you can compare it with EOS, NEO, ETH, Stellar and other blockchain.
Activity: 159
Merit: 0
May 25, 2021, 12:47:53 PM
in 30 days difficulty from 47 to 747    HuhHuh     this train is gone...

Huh Huh

https://www.chiaexplorer.com/charts/difficulty?period=1m

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Glab Trotter
May 25, 2021, 12:05:47 PM

No project can become a competitor to bitcoin in long term, whatever the idea about the project but still someone is behind the project who can change at any time but its not the same with Bitcoin, the satoshi was unknown,is unknown and will be unknown so no government can catch him and put a stop for the project which replaces the current fiat system.

There is no need to try and compete with btc or any other project per say, their focus should be providing a unique alternative to btc type of project which majority will worthy enough to participate, btc is no more easy to mine, if chai can be easy it will bring more people to be part of it, competition is not always the case.
BTC is also not easy to mine but the concept is not based on luck, only on computer power that you can bring to the network.
Concerning Chia, it's pure luck for people who are farming solo, it's the main problem.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
May 25, 2021, 11:16:44 AM

No project can become a competitor to bitcoin in long term, whatever the idea about the project but still someone is behind the project who can change at any time but its not the same with Bitcoin, the satoshi was unknown,is unknown and will be unknown so no government can catch him and put a stop for the project which replaces the current fiat system.

There is no need to try and compete with btc or any other project per say, their focus should be providing a unique alternative to btc type of project which majority will worthy enough to participate, btc is no more easy to mine, if chai can be easy it will bring more people to be part of it, competition is not always the case.
Glab Trotter
May 25, 2021, 09:59:20 AM

Ok but in this case, you can post this message on every thread talking about ICO / cryptocurrencies Wink
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
May 25, 2021, 04:30:08 AM

Glab Trotter
May 25, 2021, 03:13:41 AM
Apparently, I saw that some pools have been created, like "ecopool farming", they are releasing a GUI client, anyone tried to work with this pool ?
Their Telegram is only in Russian, Discord is in both langages (EN and RU) but not very active on English side.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
May 25, 2021, 02:24:03 AM
BitTorrent inventor Bram Cohen has announced some time ago that it will be launching Chia cryptocurrency in the future. He claims that Chia will the the greener alternative to Bitcoin by using a unique consensus algorithm called "Proof of Space". The project is still in its very beginning, but it has gone far since 2018. It makes me wonder whenever it'll have a space within crypto land, since there are so many altcoins on the market nowadays.

If Chia wants to stay ahead of the game, it would need to provide something innovative not found elsewhere. Also, it would need to keep up with constant development to maintain solid within the crypto industry for a long time. Whenever this new cryptocurrency will succeed in the long term, it's yet to be seen.
The idea of Chia is really good, but it’s not all about competition and being the best, because none can be the best, what you think you’re doing best there’s always someone else that is doing better than you think you’re doing, or you can be good in one thing but not good in the other, and someone else is doing that one better and not good at the other one. So it is just like that. The most important thing is that they have a strong community that will be solidly behind them and supporting them, the sky is big enough for every birds to fly, so no need for competition.

It was yesterday that I saw some news about the Chia cryptocurrency, and I haven’t heard about it before, that was my first time of getting to know about it. I look forward to how far it will go, and for sure I will be following up with it to know whether to invest or not, because if it’s good, then now is the right time to invest.
Glab Trotter
May 23, 2021, 05:42:34 AM
As long as it will not be possible to polt in a pool, I will be clearly impossible to progress for small owners Sad
Activity: 6
May 21, 2021, 03:53:56 PM
Hello everyone, we invite you to the new centralized pool Chia Ecopool http://ecopool.group, discord https://discord.gg/HT9HKVuV, telegrams https://t.me/chia_social_mining, FAQ on the pool https: // docs. google.com/document/d/1MbzYY_o8XUSaq5R8i-MlV797ejoLkbyOCWm9yjmFGCY. Of the advantages, this is a modified plotter, which is 25% faster than the usual one.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
May 21, 2021, 08:58:02 AM
I have no desire to buy these coins because:
The technology is very old and the transaction speed is slightly higher than in the bitcoin blockchain.
The developers have a lot of coins because they started mining first.
I don’t want to invest in hard drives, but maybe it’s better than buying coins.
Activity: 344
Merit: 11
May 21, 2021, 08:49:21 AM
A hard drive-mined project with smart contract capabilities, it doesn't look any better than Burst coins (https://www.burst-coin.org/) or Conflux (https://confluxnetwork.org/).
The FOMO community for this hard drive mining project also contributes to environmental damage because of increased hard drive production. There will come a day when we will have a surplus of hard drives because of the chia mining activity of miners.
Activity: 1283
Merit: 294
''Vincit qui se vincit''
May 21, 2021, 07:16:59 AM
This project is gaining attention in altcoins, some are beginning to hoard HDD and SD. I think this will stay, I watch this for almost a month now and the price is skyrocketing! Need to save for this to mine.
Activity: 182
Merit: 30
May 21, 2021, 07:13:35 AM
Interesting article regarding Chia.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/chia-network-not-so-green-cpu-mining-reportedly-destroys-ssd-in-weeks

Is that true?
Has anybody of you already plotting
for few months to confirm that issues?!

I use EVO pro 980's 1TB to plot, I get 100 plots, at 25% warranty of the 600TB, at 150 they die, the controller fails, then it can still be used for sequential, but no longer used for chia plotting.

Drive manufacturers have already announced if you mine, the warranty is VOID. 5yr warranty kaput.

Oh well, even at today's EB (7.4) 100 plots is 1/4 xch/month on hpool.com, so I'm paying for my NVME's Smiley

I plot 16x a day, I stay just even steven about 1 xch a month, and have been plotting for months. If you solo mine with chia-net you get zero, unless you have 10k plots.
Activity: 182
Merit: 30
May 21, 2021, 07:10:47 AM
was there any pre-mined coins?
yes, 21 million Chia coins were pre-mined by the corporate entity controlling Chia

They also said there is no limit. Think about that.

The chia-net team also said their only goal is to go public as an IPO, and be the next Red-Hat, a software support company, and be bought about out by IBM for 10's of BIllions, kid you not right on their video they say this.

These bozo's can't even get the blockchain to sync after 5 years in dev, you think they should have just cut&pasted BTC's blockchain and called it good.

What's the deal with price? It was traded in China since jan 1, 2021 as an IOU, before the my 5,2021 launch, it went up the $1600 USD all be its own as a 'scam coin' on chinese exchange, 100% gambling. Chia-Dev rushed to main-net, but they hadn't test the block-chain, now its a kluster-fuck, no pool

But then a guy in CHINA created a hpool months ago called HPOOL.COM, and it works, and I use I create 16x plots a day, and earn lots of xch, the 'woke' morons who bought the green-feces BS are told "Don't use the chinese hpool, you'll go blind, or shoot your eye out".

Chia is an entire new market for crypto's its targetting the woke-millenials post covid, and they think up is down, and left is right, Chia is the ultimate barometer that crypto has found its last sucker.
Activity: 136
Merit: 13
May 21, 2021, 06:33:33 AM
was there any pre-mined coins?
yes, 21 million Chia coins were pre-mined by the corporate entity controlling Chia
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
May 21, 2021, 03:37:56 AM
~snip
Nonetheless, I believe there are far better cryptocurrency projects which stand among the top ranks in market cap. Projects like Ethereum, Dfinity's "Internet Computer" (ICP), and even Uniswap are faring better than Chia itself. Chia is still a small market cap coin, even with all of the hype surrounding it today. Investors and traders are focused on other big players on the market, leaving Chia behind in the dust. Time will tell us whenever the project will survive or fade away into oblivion as the competition becomes fierce in the crypto/Blockchain space. Just my thoughts Grin

not so sure about this one, there is no circulating supply indicated on coingecko, but with whole supply and current price, it is a top10 coin by fully diluted capitalization
seems overpriced to me, but one should go by his own analysis prior to investment

how the coins are entering the circulation, is it by mining only and was there any pre-mined coins? did not check whitepaper, but judging on total number of tokens, there is no much space to rise much in the future
Activity: 65
May 21, 2021, 01:30:50 AM
the problem with farming is that it will destroy your SSD after a while.

Quote "Chia is a different animal, though. According to MyDrivers, mining Chia can trash a 512GB in 40 days, while a 1TB SSD lasts twice as long, and a 2TB SSD can give up the ghost in just 160 days, or barely over five months."

https://www.pcgamer.com/chia-mining-can-wreck-a-512gb-ssd-in-as-little-as-6-weeks/

I liked the idea when I first heard about it, but doesn't seem like something that's going to work in the long run?
Activity: 136
Merit: 13
May 20, 2021, 02:51:15 PM
Its a sw development management fiasco, who said this team had developed commercial software in the past? Bittorrent was never commercial, it was a 10+ year open-source project
Amen to that. See https://github.com/Chia-Network/chia-blockchain/issues... there are 1.1k opened unresolved issues with this software and the list is growing daily.
My dedicated linux box with 3GHz Pentium is currently topped at 100% CPU. Not plotting, just running the full Chia node. I don't consider that green at all. Hell, I've been running full Bitcoin node on much slower early generation Atom PC, causing barely any load, and the Bitcoin network actually have value and does something useful unlike Chia.
This coin is such a Potemkin village.
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
May 20, 2021, 11:09:45 AM
Today i deciding to spend $300 to bought my new ssd and hdd. I believe CHIA will be good investment, right now i still farming with my wooden pc (only 2 plots / day)  Cry
Pages:
Jump to: