Pages:
Author

Topic: Child Uses Fathers Assault Rifle To Defend Against Home Invaders - page 2. (Read 3121 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Everything is what you make it.

Things like guns, which are actually bad
can be used to do something morally good.

The same can be said for nukes, drugs, and morally bad people. This is not in dispute. The dispute is whether the risk of allowing widespread access to guns in a given community outweighs the benefits.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Everything is what you make it.

Things like guns, which are actually bad
can be used to do something morally good.
donator
Poor impulse control.
In every country that has outlawed guns, there have been dramatic rises in violent crimes.

source? (please)

I don't think anyone in the US Govt is planning on outlawing guns, are they?

Tyrants who effectively have no check on their power or the amount of heinous criminal acts they can get away with? No, never in a million years would they ever plan mass disarmament, enabling genocide.

Sure, but the US?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

Tyrants who effectively have no check on their power or the amount of heinous criminal acts they can get away with? No, never in a million years would they ever plan mass disarmament, enabling genocide.

Plan to disarm the US? Probably not this time around. But boy, they surely would love to. And if they can get enough public support, drum up enough fear, they might try. To which, Jefferson responds:  "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

"The security of a free state" doesn't just mean from foreign enemies. It's precisely that which the founders intended to prevent with the second amendment, and it's precisely to that end that they have largely defanged it. I don't want to sound like a crackpot, here, and I certainly don't think that anyone in the government wants to commit democide. Probably, they just want their job to be easier. Enforcing laws is obviously easier on a disarmed populace. Unfortunately, so is democide. So is oppression. So is tyranny.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
In every country that has outlawed guns, there have been dramatic rises in violent crimes.

source? (please)

donator
Poor impulse control.

source? (please)

Activity: 504
Merit: 504
PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

source? (please)
Activity: 926
Merit: 1001
weaving spiders come not here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQg0SD_AT-k

I dont support lowering gun crime by banning or limiting our firearms choices.

I do not want my children to be a gradually lowered gun crime statistic.

I want them alive and protected.

Guns do this.

I guess I am selfish. I want the people I love alive, and if the people who try to harm them -or me - get killed, thats the breaks. If they kill other innocents who failed to prepare, its a terrible tragedy and I will mourn their loss, but its a cold hard world. Sorry. Prepare next time... with a gun and training.

psssst ... for most, there is no next time.

Pages:
Jump to: