Pages:
Author

Topic: China and Korea: A chance for US to rise? - page 2. (Read 929 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
October 24, 2017, 05:46:49 AM
No Hope to China, they are always the reason make Bitcoin down.
Bitcoin has been going up though. Nobody seems to really care about China any longer.
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
October 24, 2017, 04:24:56 AM
Here's the thing: the U.S. is getting killed in economics, politics, demographics, agriculture, AI, IOT and smart cities, robotics, the list goes on and on. Everywhere we turn, China is dominating. The industries that made the US huge are going away.

So, we're wondering your thoughts: with China and Korea and other countries fearing ICOs and cryptocurrencies, can the US pick up the slack? If so, this could be a chance for the US to gain dominance in one of the last #4IR innovations left for them to dominate...

1. CAN the US gain crypto dominance?
2. WILL the US gain crypto dominance?

Looking forward to getting the ball rolling here... could be interesting for our next blog post.

Best,

duber Partners

* Nowadays China is not so economically strong which it used to be. They are also facing many challenges about keeping growth in upward direction. There are many ghost cities created to keep GDP in double digit.
* About USA take advantages of what China and South Korea are avoiding, there were many ICO scams is past. The ICO became easy way for promoters to raise money and vanish in thin air.
* This gave bad reputation to the ICO. There is risk and potent cause to commit a economical fraud.
* Right now Japan is growing as strong-hold, powerhouse for bitcoin market. There are laws which recognizes bitcoin and allows fearless environment to people.
* If USA want to capture crypto market then there should be actions enhancing bitcoin and crypto market in positive way.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
October 24, 2017, 12:14:52 AM
No Hope to China, they are always the reason make Bitcoin down.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
October 23, 2017, 05:45:49 PM
It should be the best option to go. China has been unstoppable and even the giant companies are now owned by Chinese and yet china has bann crypto, US should turn all these into his side. The future is crypto and going there no matter what specially because blockchain has proved itself worthy of using.
Activity: 41
October 23, 2017, 05:32:38 PM
I agree with you Seriy!
October 23, 2017, 03:40:56 PM
All good comments! The primary question people give me on crypto is, "How do I use it?" So the thought of many more crypto ATMs is encouraging. Still, something like 75% of Americans don't even know what Bitcoin is...
Activity: 249
Merit: 100
October 19, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
It would be a smart move for them to focus on crypto's . The things china beats them on is because of their cheap labour cost. In crypto it doesn't matter that much i think.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
October 19, 2017, 05:56:12 PM
China isn't scared of crypto; they are scared of losing control over their people's finances. South Korea on the other hand, fears fraudulent activities and money laundering that ICOs can do, but they are very much open in regulating bitcoin and accepting it.

If the US wants to excel in the cryptocurrency industry, they need to better define their laws in regards to that area. Also, I doubt that the US will be a crypto-ftiendly country like Japan and Aussies since most lawmakers only see the money laundering side of the coin.
By proxy that makes China scared of cryptos though. I don't really see any way through which cryptos can be effectively controlled by anyone. The only thing they can do is block conversion to fiat.
But people can circumvent that by making payments in crypto or alternatively by leaving the country. Both of which are very viable options if you consider the tremendous opportunities for profits in the crypto world.
Unless Chinese had a very hard time immigrating to other countries I don't see why serious crypto investors would stay there if they couldn't realize profits. And since Europe is basically getting flooded by Chinese students, it seems like it's quite easy for them to get a visa.

Is it difficult to convert crypto into fiat in the US by the way? Or do you just pay the usual capital gains tax and don't have to care about anything else (if you choose to convert into fiat)?
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
October 19, 2017, 05:26:19 PM
China isn't scared of crypto; they are scared of losing control over their people's finances. South Korea on the other hand, fears fraudulent activities and money laundering that ICOs can do, but they are very much open in regulating bitcoin and accepting it.

If the US wants to excel in the cryptocurrency industry, they need to better define their laws in regards to that area. Also, I doubt that the US will be a crypto-ftiendly country like Japan and Aussies since most lawmakers only see the money laundering side of the coin.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 19, 2017, 04:55:15 PM
Here's the thing: the U.S. is getting killed in economics, politics, demographics, agriculture, AI, IOT and smart cities, robotics, the list goes on and on. Everywhere we turn, China is dominating. The industries that made the US huge are going away.

So, we're wondering your thoughts: with China and Korea and other countries fearing ICOs and cryptocurrencies, can the US pick up the slack? If so, this could be a chance for the US to gain dominance in one of the last #4IR innovations left for them to dominate...

Looking forward to getting the ball rolling here... could be interesting for our next blog post.

Best,

duber Partners

I see about 300 ATM of Bitcoin in USA. It is way ahead already it think
Activity: 40
October 19, 2017, 04:38:10 PM
Unless you have a crystal ball no one will know... However if this would happen, Jamie Dimon is going to look like such a fool (he already does but oh well)
 Tongue
October 19, 2017, 04:29:27 PM

Best,

duber Partners
Pages:
Jump to: