Pages:
Author

Topic: China block VPN service - page 2. (Read 4206 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
January 28, 2015, 06:41:33 PM
This blocking operation basically kill most VPN services on cellphone including L2TP/PPTP/IPSec. Thank to my government , I'm have trouble in using VPN on my phone now, that on desktop works fine ,though.

I think, this would include Skype as well. Is china planning to go back to the stone age ?

If you are from India, you should know that Bitcoin is banned there too . Are you from stone age? I guess not.

I am curious what the Chinese exchanges will do. 99% from their clients are from China. Their servers are outside of China. Result : NO exchanges from China, including BTC China, Ok Coin, LakeBTC, Huobi Smiley

The BTC price will fall because the chineses will sell their BTC  !

Really ? Show me an authentic link that says bitcoin is banned in India. We are having many interesting startups on Bitcoin. Our central bank governor indicated that Bitcoin might be the future : India's Central Bank Could One Day Use Digital Currency, Chief Says.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
走哪算哪
January 28, 2015, 06:15:28 PM
Yes, it is now officially China Intranet, not Internet any more.  Cry Cry

You are too exaggerated.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004
January 28, 2015, 04:37:16 PM
This blocking operation basically kill most VPN services on cellphone including L2TP/PPTP/IPSec. Thank to my government , I'm have trouble in using VPN on my phone now, that on desktop works fine ,though.

I think, this would include Skype as well. Is china planning to go back to the stone age ?

If you are from India, you should know that Bitcoin is banned there too . Are you from stone age? I guess not.

I am curious what the Chinese exchanges will do. 99% from their clients are from China. Their servers are outside of China. Result : NO exchanges from China, including BTC China, Ok Coin, LakeBTC, Huobi Smiley

The BTC price will fall because the chineses will sell their BTC  !
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1004
January 28, 2015, 02:08:24 PM
I applaud China for keeping the Western threats out of their country. 
....and what threats are that? Allowing their citizens to the mass information out on the internet?

I think he's being sarcastic, but don't believe me on this one, he may be an actual brickhead.
legendary
Activity: 994
January 28, 2015, 01:52:20 PM
....and what threats are that? Allowing their citizens to the mass information out on the internet?

zezt you are absolutely out of your mind. We all know who is exactly threating the China people.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
January 28, 2015, 10:33:17 AM
Yes, it is now officially China Intranet, not Internet any more.  Cry Cry
legendary
Activity: 896
January 28, 2015, 10:25:49 AM

Not exactly , what they are doing is to keep their rule, and actually it's dictatorship.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
January 28, 2015, 08:58:39 AM

Are you from China?
How's VPN a Western threat?
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
January 28, 2015, 08:50:28 AM

legendary
Activity: 896
January 28, 2015, 08:33:56 AM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 28, 2015, 08:08:00 AM
They can't block all vpn service, they can only do that if they blocked all encrypted transmission. You can buy a vps that is based outside china and connect to it using a teamviewer.

What you said dosen't make sense , Why do he have VPS then connect to the VPS using TeamViewer instead of connecting Directly using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) simply ?

To me teamviewer is more secure than remote desktop protocol. RDP is only on windows, Teamviewer is available in many platforms, like windows, mac, oracle, linux, android, ios and many others.
Activity: 644
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
January 28, 2015, 08:02:07 AM
They can't block all vpn service, they can only do that if they blocked all encrypted transmission. You can buy a vps that is based outside china and connect to it using a teamviewer.

What you said dosen't make sense , Why do he have VPS then connect to the VPS using TeamViewer instead of connecting Directly using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) simply ?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 28, 2015, 07:59:09 AM
Activity: 688
ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!
January 28, 2015, 07:50:08 AM
It's hard to understand from the articles, are they detecting and blocking all VPN connections, or just those from certain well-known providers?

P.S. Here's some interesting discussion of other things you could try: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7586775
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
January 28, 2015, 07:06:44 AM

I'd try Tor via a bridge.

but where find no default tor bridges?

Do a favor to yourself and read the page I linked.
Activity: 544
January 28, 2015, 07:01:57 AM
Censorship is a hot topic in China now-a-days. On one hand it places china citizens in a protective bubble from such "western threats", on the other, well, no-one sane would like it. Kinda reminds me of a parent grounding the child from hanging out with some friends. This is the part in the movie where the villain is going to stomp on the main character's hands whose fingernails are digging deep into the dirt, the torso and legs pointing towards the chasm below.
Activity: 807
January 28, 2015, 06:54:40 AM
I got an e-mail in August from FightForTheFuture.org that prodded me to install a new program called Lantern.  The subject of the e-mail was "If half the people who get this email do this, we could end censorship forever".  I don't know if it applied to / would work in China or not, but maybe it would be worth looking into.  So you don 't have to search for it and potentially find the wrong thing, the e-mail ultimately linked to getlantern.org.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073
January 28, 2015, 06:46:16 AM
Personally, I could only access bitcointalk via VPN. If that's killed too, any other options?

I'd try Tor via a bridge.

but where find no default tor bridges?

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 28, 2015, 06:41:50 AM
They always trying to isolate themselves from outside, the government always try to keep their people follow chinise tradition.

People in there have to search harder way to access blocked website
its all it teaches them to be a hacker or cracker smart and genius,
but also a bit naughty   Cheesy
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Knowledge its everything
January 28, 2015, 06:21:51 AM
They always trying to isolate themselves from outside, the government always try to keep their people follow chinise tradition.

People in there have to search harder way to access blocked website
Pages:
Jump to: