Pages:
Author

Topic: China can easily launch a coin while Facebook is having a hard time - page 4. (Read 643 times)

Activity: 1175
Merit: 275
Facebook is a registered company that is registered in the USA and subjected to tax and regulations.
US Congress has asked Facebook to pause development on its Libra cryptocurrency because the lawmakers needs more time to investigate the ramifications of the company’s actions.

China on the other hand is a sovereign state, independent from foreign influence.

It shall be easier for china to create their coin since it is a sovereign state but facebook require to pass through the congress in order to implement their coin.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
The difference is that Facebook has the shady past about privacy and plans it to be used in many countries while China kept their dirty secrets all the time for their own. Xi Jinping's coin are only meant to be used in China as far as I know so its just in their system alone not for everyone like their own fiat and very centralized too. Facebook coins is for all users and can open pandora's box if not controlled, the regulators hate Zuckerberg and its likely doomed to die.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
Facebook is also easily launched libra but it's struggling with people acceptance because big investors still see cryptocurrency is a bubble.
China will easily launch a coin but we still don't know people acceptance, will the coins grow or people won't use it because it's regulated and controllable by the government.

Basically if China easily launch their coin, the main users will be Chinese as well. I hardly stand on believing that they will turn their fiats to cryptocurrency in the latter future. In terms of Libra coin, as soon as there will be a "thing" that will drive its market adoption, it can surely become widely accepted, plus, if facebook use their own platform to advertise it, more and more people will adopt to it and use it eventually.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
All the talks this week are all about China launching its own coin, they can easily do that because China's main man Xi Jinping is the one who wants China to create one, while Facebook's Libra coin is having a hard time to convince the Congress to let them launch Libra Coin,

It's different between the two coins, one will launch easily while the other is having a hard time with the regulator
On a positive note, I think China's plan will be considered of those who are opposing Facebook plans to launch their coin but of course, it
will be highly regulated compared to China's coin who will be under the supervision of China's Central bank.

What's your thought on this?
China does not have any problem releasing their own coin because they are a government, Facebook is a private company and governments are not going to allow a private company to try to break their monopoly.

Facebook is learning the hard way why bitcoin is decentralized, no one can stop bitcoin because there is no central authority and there are not some servers to confiscate to destroy the coin, at this rate it is difficult for me to believe Facebook will release its Libra coin at any point in the future.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
The US Government hasn't release a statement yet of supporting blockchain as future means of payment, while on the other hand, China already did, and this isn't anything surprising. I could however have some worries when China's plan succeeded and all-out ban of anything related to other cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, would happen. A large percentage of current mining pools are located there and it would take some time relocating to another country, and would possibly slow down transactions in the BTC network and also the hash rate.
Activity: 77
Merit: 1
I don't think so. Because they were communist, that means they will try to protect their own money. So, you really think about 2 money in one country, really?

Take a look, why does he need to do that?
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
I don't think China would launch their native token, we are just talking about possibilities, nothing more! Because I haven't seen any strong news about this case. But it's true that if China wants they can easily launch their token, and facebook's Libra has nothing to compare with China Coin! Because it's the government, who set the rules for people! But in Libra, they have to obey the regulations of congress! So, it won't be easy for facebook!

They already started their plan and they are motivated to create one if we based it in their announcement, it's a matter of finally confirming and laying up the framework which is just a matter of time, this should be fast because it comes from the head of state of China, there will be no opposition.
Activity: 821
Merit: 100
Volare.network
All the talks this week are all about China launching its own coin, they can easily do that because China's main man Xi Jinping is the one who wants China to create one, while Facebook's Libra coin is having a hard time to convince the Congress to let them launch Libra Coin,

It's different between the two coins, one will launch easily while the other is having a hard time with the regulator
On a positive note, I think China's plan will be considered of those who are opposing Facebook plans to launch their coin but of course, it
will be highly regulated compared to China's coin who will be under the supervision of China's Central bank.

all this about jinping, some time ago he said blockchain is very important. and I think this is the beginning of opening crypto for mass adoption. but that's the only thing I know when China later issues its own coins, it's not a crypto because of the centralization. but despite all that one jinping I have begun to soften and pay attention to crypto.
Activity: 1024
yes you're right China is being supported by the government, maybe this is what distinguishes it from the Libra project. When Facebook was looking for support, China began developing crypto coins that would shake the world. but even so until now it seems that the country is still anti-bitcoin. this might be a dilemma for all of us. We hope there is a new season, but when there is hope. hope that's not good ...
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
I don't think China would launch their native token, we are just talking about possibilities.
No you are just unaware and dont read previous replies. Its already confirmed the bank of China is already developing their digital yuan and it may launch soon. President Xi has stated that they will adopt this kind of technology in the finance.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
Facebook is also easily launched libra but it's struggling with people acceptance because big investors still see cryptocurrency is a bubble.
China will easily launch a coin but we still don't know people acceptance, will the coins grow or people won't use it because it's regulated and controllable by the government.
China can easily launch there coin because they know what is best for there people who loves doing crypto. And i believe these are widely accepted and supported by Chinese people for the benefits of there country as well even if other countries will not but still they can have manage it well.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
I don't think China would launch their native token, we are just talking about possibilities, nothing more! Because I haven't seen any strong news about this case. But it's true that if China wants they can easily launch their token, and facebook's Libra has nothing to compare with China Coin! Because it's the government, who set the rules for people! But in Libra, they have to obey the regulations of congress! So, it won't be easy for facebook!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
In my opinion, China will be easier to succeed in this matter because this is a big country and does not depend much on other countries so the issuance of coins will be very good for the development of this country. There are not too many people who object to this proposal and will soon be officially informed. I think Libra of Facebook will never appear because this project is under US government control so the success rate will be very low.

Of course, any country wants to do this but if your country depends on many other countries, coin issuance will never happen.
Activity: 924
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

Difficulties faced by Facebook in launching Libra are different from the regulations and political systems implemented by the Chinese Government. The Chinese political system adheres to and is subject to the President because the communist system is used while the US Government considers more regulations that have been made.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
Activity: 1512
Merit: 292
www.cd3d.app
I think that at the moment we are dealing with blah blah blah. In the current situation, you can say anything, but trust only makes sense to action.
Now we just do not see them. We are witnesses to the information war in the digital race, which in the future is likely to bring digital assets to a completely new level.
But now, I would filter any incoming information in double.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

Of course. China's potential crypto project has the backing of a government, while Libra is the opposite of that - the FED, the SEC, and a bunch of regulatories agencies are all of their tails for trying to launch their token.

These inherent structural differences between the two projects are what is causing this.

But either way, both cryptos will not be decentralised which is why this news doesn't really interest me at all.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
The influence of powerful people is indeed very large in the world of crypto. As happened to Libra coin that faces big and heavy problems related to decisions and statements of superpowers regarding these coins.

And now about the coins to be worked on by China, the chances of success will be higher because they are supported by people who are very influential in the country.

And could this possibly affect the ICOs which had been banned in the country?
Activity: 1582
Merit: 333
That's right and this is very different, where facebook stopped because of regulations that do not allow to launch libra. We cannot compare it to China, where their own power holders or Presidents have expressed interest in the blockchain and maybe the crypto industry, so there is no longer an obstacle and they are ready to create, develop cryptos as they wish, whenever they want.
that's differentiate facebook and china.libra just a coins that builded from giant company and it could stopped by local policy, meanwhile DCEP created by china that has super power in any field in the world.they could do anything they want.if any company or community that against china, it could be make sure crypto currency market will crash again.and when china launched their own coin, it show thie interest at crypo developtment.
Activity: 263
Merit: 10
China could easily launch Chinacoin while Facebook is getting a kick in the butt by congress.
I think China saw the potential in blockchain and cryptocurrency that is when they are considering the blockchain technology.
We all know U.S Dollar is the major currency in the trading world and with the current trade war between China & U.S - China is losing that is why'll introduce new Chinacoin - lol! Sorry, this is just my assumption.   
Pages:
Jump to: