Pages:
Author

Topic: china just killed BTC and ALTS - It's your own fault -no evolution for years - page 2. (Read 2838 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Oh man, someone has to make ShitCoins, that only have value when the Bitcoin drops...
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
It's down 4% in the last month!
The fair value lies somewhere for north of the current price, China can do what it wants, the crypto world will go on without them

When the west follows suit it will be much harder to go on.

Crypto is not ready for the coming storm. Time to start preparations.

A p2p exchange sounds rather difficult to implement to a standard people would trust it, i guess it will take some time. The exchanges are probably more important for alts than for BTC right now.
Well it's not going to happen in Germany or Switzerland.  I don't know which countries have already made legislations, but there are a few.  Bitcoin will not be banned, maybe in America, but not everywhere.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
From what I see and what I have learned in the past, taking the $30 to $1 drop and $250 to $50 drop and now we see $1200 to $400something drop, It always comes out stronger. From the $30 to $1 it went to $250, from $250 to $50 it went up to $1200. What we see now is bitcoin wanting to break $2000.  Lets just wait for Wall street to come in, heavy investors and we are back.  I read an article where some financial guy was saying that in mid 2014's we will see bitcoin at $10. That is just not an option and it could never happen. The reason I think so is simply because people are proud. The people here, the hard workers that bring the coins forward and thus increasing the value are the community.  We are the ones that will decide the price in the end, we are the ones who have spent endless of hours trying to improve, trying to help it go forward.  I say that the value will increase when Wall Street enters the market, and it will not be in a bad way, but we have to remember to stick around, and all of us should just hold hold and hold out some more.  We are bitcoin. Do not forget why you started out here, why you were excited about setting up mining rigs and just talking about the future, it is till there, and it is still bright. We just have to make sure and show the govt' and banks that we do not give up easily. Who is with me on this? Guys? I know that bitcoin is backed by the best of people, the creative thinkers and the market experts. Lets do this, nothing is more fun than a good old challenge!
You are correct, but it still took 2 years from 10 do 266, and it took half a year from 266 to 1200+.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
From what I see and what I have learned in the past, taking the $30 to $1 drop and $250 to $50 drop and now we see $1200 to $400something drop, It always comes out stronger. From the $30 to $1 it went to $250, from $250 to $50 it went up to $1200. What we see now is bitcoin wanting to break $2000.  Lets just wait for Wall street to come in, heavy investors and we are back.  I read an article where some financial guy was saying that in mid 2014's we will see bitcoin at $10. That is just not an option and it could never happen. The reason I think so is simply because people are proud. The people here, the hard workers that bring the coins forward and thus increasing the value are the community.  We are the ones that will decide the price in the end, we are the ones who have spent endless of hours trying to improve, trying to help it go forward.  I say that the value will increase when Wall Street enters the market, and it will not be in a bad way, but we have to remember to stick around, and all of us should just hold hold and hold out some more.  We are bitcoin. Do not forget why you started out here, why you were excited about setting up mining rigs and just talking about the future, it is till there, and it is still bright. We just have to make sure and show the govt' and banks that we do not give up easily. Who is with me on this? Guys? I know that bitcoin is backed by the best of people, the creative thinkers and the market experts. Lets do this, nothing is more fun than a good old challenge!
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
The fair value lies somewhere for north of the current price, China can do what it wants, the crypto world will go on without them

When the west follows suit it will be much harder to go on.

Crypto is not ready for the coming storm. Time to start preparations.

A p2p exchange sounds rather difficult to implement to a standard people would trust it, i guess it will take some time. The exchanges are probably more important for alts than for BTC right now.
Activity: 165
Crypto currencies have its pros & also fair share of cons. Market fluctuations is all part of the whole game. What we need to do now, is to think how to get the 'right' balance between the different trade-offs so that we can be in the best situation possible. Bitcoin is just the start, & we are nowhere near the end. Actually, this issue have been on my mind for quite some time, since I got into the community, some 2 months back. It is not just the decentralized exchange issue, the entire crypto currency eco-system need to be fixed.

Regards.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
ASIC Miners kill BTC. They produced BTC in a much cheaper way. Now they sell it off.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
It really seems like big dump before 'to the moon'. All short-time investors and panicking people will dump their coins in several days. Christmas dump expectations, China news, 'hacker' news - let's see 1BTC=$100 again, and then... let's see.

But yes, I agree with cryptohunter that we need decentralised exchanges. Really, no way to go without them.

we don't need decentralised exchange, we need to buy things with btc directly

Of course, but it is not fast process. So such exchanges can be one of the steps
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
All the tough talk from crypto meant nothing in the end.  The banks simply said stop and btc stopped lol

You are looking at crypto solely as a means to increase the amount of fiat in your account, the original point of decentralised currencies is to move away from centralised banking systems and establish a global, secure, open, transactional currency(s) free of transaction fees, border controls, political tampering and the present day issues associated with fiat/credit etc.

Bringing out a zillion different shitclones per day will not help.

Yes there are hundreds of alt-coins, of which only a few will survive in the long run however they address (amongst many other things) one of the biggest issues with BTC currently with regards to transaction times. No technology, company or product can survive long term without innovation and at the moment innovation is being achieved through 'natural selection' from the development of a large number of alts.

It's good to be able to trade crypto for fiat to make a quick buck - but that's not at all what crypto is/was and should be about.

FR
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
It really seems like big dump before 'to the moon'. All short-time investors and panicking people will dump their coins in several days. Christmas dump expectations, China news, 'hacker' news - let's see 1BTC=$100 again, and then... let's see.

But yes, I agree with cryptohunter that we need decentralised exchanges. Really, no way to go without them.

we don't need decentralised exchange, we need to buy things with btc directly
Activity: 196
lol OP.

You do realise everything you said re the banks is the EXACT reason why crypto currency exists?

If the banks LIKED the idea of working with finances in this way then it would ALREADY exist.

The whole point of this community is not nescersarily to be accepted by the wider, more mainstream financial institutions but to provide people an alternate way of trading. The more resistance, the better for the market. You would be naive to think that because the news from China has reported some sort of regulation / stop on trading that people are actually going to _STOP_ trading. BTC has value, as do other cryptos, they will be traded, they will increase and they will flourish.

If 'CRYPTO' relied on being accepted by financial institutions, remind me what the point of it existing is?
Activity: 266
As was pointed out above, this isn't the first time that btc has seen a big sell off and won't be the last.  Don't blow things out of proportion.
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
they can just withdraw and buy btc face to face, problem solved
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
BTC has not been cut off from banks and fiat before. Just china saying no fiat into btc exchanges and not fiat out after jan has smashed BTC and all alts into free fall.
Wait until the other countries decide the same thing. It will be bye bye to all crypto.  

Crypto is nothing without fiat, if there are no p2p exchanges and no mechanism to feed them fiat it's going to be over for BTC and alts.  China was a bitch slap in the face , US and Europe say the same that will be a piledriver into the concrete.

Crypto is nothing right now without fiat. It can pretend to be something more robust and worthwhile yet here is the proof that that is currently all just bullshit. The banks decide to say no, you can kiss crypto both btc and alts goodbye.

The people with crypto wealth here best get their asses in gear and start pushing for total decentralisation of the mechanisms that crypto relies on or it's over.

All this bitcoin is untouchable is laughable right now, crypto on the whole is actually a joke right now in terms of stability it is so vulnerable on so many levels.

There is simply no point having decentralised currency that fully relies on a centralised mechanism, it is  pointless.
Activity: 588
Gonna be watching the market caps over the next week.

Gonna score big on noirbits when they go under a penny
Activity: 588
DROP DROP DROP
THEN
PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
China didn't kill anything, it's the rest of the dumpers who are killing the prices Smiley

If everyone who isn't Chinese stopped selling right now, the price would go right back up Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: