Pages:
Author

Topic: China tests 3,000-kph ‘super-Maglev’ train concept - page 3. (Read 2422 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Yes, I hate this. On my last trip to my college, it took me 15 hours in the bus to cover around 900-1000km. The bus was full, I mean really crowded. I felt so ill after arriving home. I can't wait for a project like this to become real.

Well... I am worried about the financial aspect.  Grin

Even in China, they are very much expensive. Almost 2.5 times costlier than the regular train. A 500 km trip (High-speed rail, non-Maglev) will cost around $36, while normal train will cost you only $14.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
What about the G force when travelling at 3000 kph? This is insane and yet amazing. I hate when I have to sit in a train/bus for hours just to get somewhere and then go back home. So much time is being wasted like that.

You know, when I was studying, I used to spend 3 days to get back home for vacations. (2.5 days in the train, and rest in the bus). 72 hours to cover 3,000 km of distance. If something like this becomes real, then my travel time will get reduced to 2% of the original.  Grin
Yes, I hate this. On my last trip to my college, it took me 15 hours in the bus to cover around 900-1000km. The bus was full, I mean really crowded. I felt so ill after arriving home. I can't wait for a project like this to become real.
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
This just seems dangerously fast.
legendary
What about the G force when travelling at 3000 kph? This is insane and yet amazing. I hate when I have to sit in a train/bus for hours just to get somewhere and then go back home. So much time is being wasted like that.

You know, when I was studying, I used to spend 3 days to get back home for vacations. (2.5 days in the train, and rest in the bus). 72 hours to cover 3,000 km of distance. If something like this becomes real, then my travel time will get reduced to 2% of the original.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
legendary
http://rt.com/news/158116-china-super-maglev-train

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2622516/Forget-high-speed-rail-future-train-travel-SUPER-MAGLEV-says-China-one-day-1-800MPH.html

Just a few days ago, we were discussing the Virgin Galactic... but here is even better. A train which can travel at speeds of 3,000 Kmph!!!!!!! That is 4 times the speed of Boeing 747.

Should the project be successful, the workable prototype will set the standard for the future evacuation tube transportation (ETT). “ETT systems might allow HTS Maglev trains to attain speeds in a new order of magnitude, such as super-high 3,000 km (1,800 miles) per hour, which could be applied to some military or space launch systems,” Dr. Deng Zigang, who’s been developing the technology for years, told The Daily Mail.

Pages:
Jump to: