Pages:
Author

Topic: China's President Xi Jinping VS Bitcoin - page 7. (Read 778 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1041
October 25, 2019, 01:27:28 PM
I would like to discuss whether you think this is Xi hidden message to the world that they are able to make a perfect cryptocurrency than Bitcoin?

No government in the world can make a coin that is better than Bitcoin, even if they really wanted to, because you can't just hire people and tell them to create the best cryptocurrency in the world. It takes talent to make a great cryptocurrency, and currently most of the talent is concentrated in Bitcoin. This is why I'm not worried that an altcoin, a company or a government will dethrone Bitcoin, Bitcoin is miles ahead of them all.

Also, governments aren't interested in creating a true cryptocurrency, they want to make centralized shitcoins that are fully under their control - those things can't compete with Bitcoin, they attract totally different people.

More power in setting rules and standards internationally!!

It felt like they already achieved that already. But learning now that China intend to dominate, i will definitely invest projects in these area. If the only way to do it is to first buy digital yuan, then I guess most of the investors are also going to need digital yuan.  Centralized as it may seem, its exactly what they need. What the government needs.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
October 25, 2019, 01:22:36 PM
The President of China makes the right choice. Blockchain is too good technology to ignore. However, the adoption of Blockchain is not the adoption of Bitcoin and it is sad. China realizes that Bitcoin is dangerous, it will deny China from a share of power
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
October 25, 2019, 01:14:48 PM
I would like to discuss whether you think this is Xi hidden message to the world that they are able to make a perfect cryptocurrency than Bitcoin?

No government in the world can make a coin that is better than Bitcoin, even if they really wanted to, because you can't just hire people and tell them to create the best cryptocurrency in the world. It takes talent to make a great cryptocurrency, and currently most of the talent is concentrated in Bitcoin. This is why I'm not worried that an altcoin, a company or a government will dethrone Bitcoin, Bitcoin is miles ahead of them all.

Also, governments aren't interested in creating a true cryptocurrency, they want to make centralized shitcoins that are fully under their control - those things can't compete with Bitcoin, they attract totally different people.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
October 25, 2019, 12:43:24 PM
this is the Chinese president's speech about his ambition towards Blockchain technology..

source: https://www.theblockcrypto.com/post/44646/xi-jinping-says-to-let-china-take-the-leading-position-in-blockchain

here I will not discuss Blockchain technology because China is certainly very accepting of the existence of Blockchain technology

indeed blockchain technology is not only related to cryptocurrencies, but I think Xi has another intention!!
Pages:
Jump to: