Pages:
Author

Topic: Chinese Bitcoin Exchanges Will Likely Not Be Banned - page 2. (Read 794 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

Doesn't surprise me at all, knew that this news was going to come sooner or later. It was a plot to weaken the Bitcoin price and guess what they succeeded, our community is is so weak that it blindly believed it and made a panic sale, how stupid can we be. Though I would say if you got cash now is the time to make some quick money, go for it, cause very soon we shall see prices rising.

We should be learning big lessons from this latest big dip for Bitcoin. From now on we should start to disconnect China from the Bitcoin ecosystem especially its effect on the value. Now, the only problem is that people are so enamored with China that they keep on listening even just rumors reported to be news by the media and many Bitcoin enthusiasts. China is a country that sometimes be hard to understand that is why the Bitcoin community should make a stand that we should not be panicking fro any news coming this great country.
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
This was being said since the begging. They will not ban anything. Just try to adjust making some rules. Especially when using fiat money. But the thing is, they will freeze temporarily all transaction using CNY. Bitcoin, ICO and ALts. So, if people would need money in that time they will have to trade p2p
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

Doesn't surprise me at all, knew that this news was going to come sooner or later. It was a plot to weaken the Bitcoin price and guess what they succeeded, our community is is so weak that it blindly believed it and made a panic sale, how stupid can we be. Though I would say if you got cash now is the time to make some quick money, go for it, cause very soon we shall see prices rising.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
They will not be banned, traders in China already know that. What they are figuring out is how to put forth new ICOs because Chinese cannot buy them now.

Tokens might still be sold in China post ICO overseas.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
Great news, but let's take it with a grain of salt. This is Joseph Young posting at The Merkle, not any official news source. The story he is citing is this one from Bitcoin.com:

Following the rumors and hearsay, China’s National Internet Finance Association (NIFA) announced that exchanges dealing with cryptocurrency and ICOs had received many warnings in the past. NIFA states that any exchange operating in China currently has “no legal” authority to operate a virtual currency business at the moment.

“So-called “currency” trading platforms in China are not legally established,” reveals NIFA’s statement on September 13.

China’s regional media sources also confirm that exchanges will face stricter regulatory scrutiny, but claim that bitcoin is not banned nationwide. According to the reports, the next step will be strengthening cryptocurrency exchange supervision while also emphasizing that ICOs are still forbidden. One report explains regulators are merely “removing fraudulent projects without actual content.” However, even though some local reports state bitcoin exchanges will face more regulatory challenges they still may have to cease operations in the meantime.

An anonymous source told The Wall Street Journal that domestic cryptocurrency trading platforms will soon be closed down. The sources explained that regulatory officials were cryptic detailing the situation and would not reveal when the alleged exchange shut down would happen. “Too much disorder was naturally a basic reason” to stop cryptocurrency operations explained the news outlets’ source.

For now, every major Chinese cryptocurrency exchange is still operating, and the public doesn’t know if they will have to close down. Moreover, if exchanges are asked to close, then the trading platforms may have to get licensed before resuming financial operations.

The NIFA statement does not seem conclusive to me. It seems likely, all taken, that the exchanges will face additional scrutiny and a licensing regime will be developed. The question in that case is, will they be required to shut down in the meantime?

Anyway, now that the market has already dropped so much, I'm no longer sweating this. The damage is done. In "disaster trading" the rule is: sell the rumor, buy the news. Wink
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: