Pages:
Author

Topic: Chinese government IS backing Bitcoin?!?! - page 4. (Read 6869 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
October 15, 2013, 05:09:13 AM
2009 is also when Bitcoin launched.  

Coincidence?

Thats the greatest Bitcoin Conspiracy theory yet.

EDIT: and maybe Satoshi is the Central Bank of China.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
October 15, 2013, 04:52:19 AM
2009 is also when Bitcoin launched. 

Coincidence?

China invented every major form of currency. http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2009/09/china-invented-every-single-major-form-of-currency-metal-coins-paper-money-and-fiat-currency-and-seized-gold-six-centuries-before-fdr.html

Wouldn't surprise me if they invented Bitcoin, too.

Maybe Satoshi Nakamoto is Chinese, but chose a Japanese pen name to divert suspicion. Since China and Japan aren't the greatest of friends.
legendary
October 15, 2013, 04:30:08 AM
Could this be Bitcoin and the thinking behind China's embrace of Bitcoin?

Doubt it. Bitcoin IMO has the Potential, but it isn't nearly big enough to even be on the Table.

They are probaly thinking more in the direction of a currency like the Euro only bigger. The Worldo  Cheesy

Interestingly the article notes that China said the same thing back in 2009:

Back in March 2009, China’s central bank governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, also called for the creation of a new reserve currency, albeit in less heated language. The world needs a new “super-sovereign reserve currency” to replace the current reliance on the dollar, Zhou wrote in a paper published on the People’s Bank of China’s website (Zhou still heads the bank). The goal, he wrote, is to “create an international reserve currency that is disconnected from individual nations and is able to remain stable in the long run.”

A "“super-sovereign reserve currency”". Bitcoin. :-)
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
October 15, 2013, 04:28:43 AM

Doubt it. Bitcoin IMO has the Potential, but it isn't nearly big enough to even be on the Table.

They are probaly thinking more in the direction of a currency like the Euro only bigger. The Worldo  Cheesy
legendary
October 15, 2013, 04:24:50 AM
A good morning read:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-10-14/chinas-state-press-calls-for-building-a-de-americanized-world

China's state press calls for building a "De-Americanized" world.

Get this though, part of China's proposal is:

Key among its proposals: the creation of a new international reserve currency to replace the present reliance on U.S. dollars, a necessary step to prevent American bumbling from further afflicting the world, the commentary suggests.

Pages:
Jump to: