Pages:
Author

Topic: Christopher Lee, Legendary Movie Villain and Horror Icon, Dies at 93 - page 2. (Read 1436 times)

Activity: 281
Merit: 250
Really sad to see him go, an old favorite of mine from the Hammer films growing-up, he was also a big fan of heavy metal. Rest In Peace.

Filming a scene in Return of the King (seen only in the extended version), when Grima Wormtongue (Brad Dourif) stabs Saruman in the back on top of the tower, Christopher Lee corrected Peter Jackson on the fact that when a person is stabbed in the back of the chest, they do not scream (as the director wanted), in fact the air is pushed out of their lungs and they “groan” with an exhalation of air, very quietly, as their lungs have been punctured.

From Peter Jackson’s DVD commentary: “When I was shooting the stabbing shot with Christopher, as a director would, I was explaining to him what he should do… And he says, ‘Peter, have you ever heard the sound a man makes when he’s stabbed in the back?’ And I said, 'Um, no.’ And he says 'Well, I have, and I know what to do.’”

The crew said that they knew Christopher Lee had been in the British Royal Air Force Intelligence Service in World War Two, and they didn’t really push him for more information about how he knew in such detail exactly what noise a person makes when this is done to them.

He wouldn’t have told them anyway.

When pressed by an eager interviewer on his SAS past, he leaned forward and whispered: “Can you keep a secret?”

“Yes!” the interviewer replied, breathless with excitement.

“So can I.” replied a smiling Lee, sitting back in his chair.
Activity: 891
Merit: 500
We've lost one of the greatest actors ever, a truly sad day. It's hard to believe really, despite of his age
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Dam, well he had a good innings at least.  He has been in some top films in recent years pretty amazing considering he would have been in his 80s at the time. RIP.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/christopher-lee-legendary-movie-villain-and-121265764947.html

Christopher Lee, the mystical British actor whose haunting, intimidating performances as Count Dracula, the Frankenstein monster and Fu Manchu made him an icon of horror films and the cinematic embodiment of villainy, has died. He was 93.

Lee, who as bad guy Scaramanga battled Roger Moore’s James Bond in The Man With the Golden Gun (1974) and re-ignited his career in his late 70s with what would be recurring roles in the Lord of the Rings, Hobbit and Star Wars franchises, has died. He was 93.

According to media reports, Lee died on Sunday morning, June 7 at Westminster Hospital in London after being admitted for respiratory problems and heart failure.
Pages:
Jump to: