Author

Topic: ckpool.org CLOSED - page 163. (Read 162561 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
April 27, 2017, 05:20:30 PM
Its not a massive percentage just more than i used to get before switching. But if there are a few restarts then that would explain it.

A number of short restarts coming up shortly for some updates.
All the restarts are complete. There are now a number of changes to both appearance and behaviour...
Indeed there were 4 restarts in total for progressive updates. That would lead to far more rejects than usual so I wouldn't judge based on that. No restarts are now planned in the near future.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 27, 2017, 05:16:38 PM
@ck
This is slightly off topic, but I figured here was as good of a place as any...

I use CKProxy for all of my alt stuff, so I'm using it for here too (because it's good and I'm lazy). If/when my rigs find a block, does the console for CKProxy show like
Code:
[date time] Possible block solve diff 1234567890 !
[date time] BLOCK ACCEPTED!
when connecting to a BTC pool or just
Code:
like I normally see?
In other words, does CKProxy ever show accepted info or is it just that my alt pool software is as shitty as most alts are?
I've never used it and found a block in a real pool.

Ckproxy can't submit the block locally without the transaction information required to submit the block and stratum does not give that information so you will not see block accepted at any time from a normal ckproxy unless you're mining blocks without any transactions.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 27, 2017, 05:15:36 PM
Would 3 antminer S3 and 1 antminer S5 do me any good here? Or would it be waste of time? They just collect dust in a box
If it's worth you running them (and that's a different question) then this pool is the one most likely to get them up to a payout because of the way it accumulates payments till they eventually get a reward. Currently since the pool is still small they would probably get a reward on the first block solved too. Make sure to use the ONE username for all of them, but feel free to use different workernames.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
April 27, 2017, 03:01:05 PM
@ck
This is slightly off topic, but I figured here was as good of a place as any...

I use CKProxy for all of my alt stuff, so I'm using it for here too (because it's good and I'm lazy). If/when my rigs find a block, does the console for CKProxy show like
Code:
[date time] BLOCK ACCEPTED!
when connecting to a BTC pool or just
Code:
like I normally see?
In other words, does CKProxy ever show accepted info or is it just that my alt pool software is as shitty as most alts are?
I've never used it and found a block in a real pool.
Retired IRCX God
April 27, 2017, 02:40:57 PM
Its not a massive percentage just more than i used to get before switching. But if there are a few restarts then that would explain it.

All the restarts are complete. There are now a number of changes to both appearance and behaviour...
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
April 27, 2017, 02:28:19 PM
Just an enquiry but has any else noticed more rejected shares compared to other pools. Im not complaining as its all still working fine. Just noticing a higher reject rate is all.
Admittedly, I have a "non-standard" setup and not much base for comparison, but....
The last 500TH rental I ran was for 14 hours and 45 minutes. During that time there were 3 pool restarts and my reject rate was 0.14%, which seems pretty good to me.

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
April 27, 2017, 01:47:35 PM
What do you guys think? Let's solve this block today!  Wink
Retired IRCX God
April 27, 2017, 01:28:50 PM
Just an enquiry but has any else noticed more rejected shares compared to other pools. Im not complaining as its all still working fine. Just noticing a higher reject rate is all.
Admittedly, I have a "non-standard" setup and not much base for comparison, but....
The last 500TH rental I ran was for 14 hours and 45 minutes. During that time there were 3 pool restarts and my reject rate was 0.14%, which seems pretty good to me.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
April 27, 2017, 01:20:57 PM
@notabeliever i would rather use them here if they would give some return Then to sell them
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
April 27, 2017, 01:13:26 PM
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
April 27, 2017, 01:11:50 PM
@ BannedDK .they will still sell on ebay while btc is up
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
April 27, 2017, 01:08:54 PM
Would 3 antminer S3 and 1 antminer S5 do me any good here? Or would it be waste of time? They just collect dust in a box
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 27, 2017, 03:16:24 AM
All the restarts are complete. There are now a number of changes to both appearance and behaviour.

The pool work now shows which users have their reward postponed and how much herp they've accumulated. This means it lists the users who will not receive a payout in the next block solved, but shows how much herp will be accumulated to contribute to one where they meet the threshold requirement to receive a payout. This also means that miners below the dust threshold will eventually get a payout once their cumulative rewards make them meet the dust threshold over enough block solves.

Additionally as large coinbase transactions contribute negatively to miners latency, are incompatible with AVA2->7 devices, and contribute to many small miner rewards that end up costing a lot in fees to redeem, I have placed a limit on the number of transactions that will ever be included of 150. The top 100 miners will always receive a coinbase generation transaction with every block solved. The other 50 payouts will be interleaved amongst those who have reached payment threshold and are ordered by who has waited the longest for a payout. Miners will be able to monitor their accumulated herp if they've been postponed in the new user statistic "accumulated" and see how many times they've been postponed by the "postponed" variable.

Realistically these limits won't come into effect any time soon as there are currently only ~50 users that have reached payment threshold. Once we get above 150 active users it will start coming into effect - which would also correspond with a larger hashrate so more frequent blocks, however the dust threshold miners will already be counted towards future solves.

This concludes all my planned changes required to enable the pool to cope with as many miners of wildly varying sizes as could possibly be aimed at it, including what I think is a very fair offering for very small miners.

And now for some blocks...
Retired IRCX God
April 27, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
Is he on IRC?

Tell him to message me there please Smiley
I read that and mentally see some old white guy talking about using the "interweb thing" to access "The Facebook and The Twitter".  Undecided
IRC is a big world with lots of non-connected servers; I could be on IRC, give you my nick, and it would take you at least 6 months to find me.   Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
April 27, 2017, 01:07:37 AM
Who got that 2PH and how much time?

I know the person responsible and they're trying to get their DERP up as quickly as possible on this first block with as much rental as they can reasonably grab from nicehash without pumping up the rental prices. Hopefully this culminates in us finding a block (or more!)

Is he on IRC?

Tell him to message me there please Smiley
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 26, 2017, 07:54:32 PM

I know the person responsible and they're trying to get their DERP up as quickly as possible on this first block with as much rental as they can reasonably grab from nicehash without pumping up the rental prices. Hopefully this culminates in us finding a block (or more!)
Retired IRCX God
April 26, 2017, 02:48:15 PM
...We need to show our bitcoin support by finding a block and help reduce some of those unconfirmed transactions. Oh yeah, and getting some BTC would be nice also Smiley
For me, it's about helping test the new pool code.  Tongue And the "bonus" BTC doesn't hurt a bit.  Grin
Retired IRCX God
April 26, 2017, 02:25:09 PM
...I'm going to throw some rental hash on the pool as soon as my deposit confirms. Likely going to take a few hours since there are 42K+ transactions queued up.
I'm in the same boat, since sever thunderstorms have hit here and I had to shut down my alt rigs (but I did manage to get them updated 1st Cheesy ), I'm going to add a ~12hr 500TH rental as soon as my alt sales all transfer.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
April 26, 2017, 12:38:06 PM
Retired IRCX God
April 26, 2017, 10:53:33 AM
"hashrate1m": "7.77P" WooHoo! Good luck!

[EDIT] Annnnnd it gone Sad lol
Someone hoping to get lucky with a spare change funded rental, no doubt.  Tongue
I've added my altcoin rigs for a couple/few hours (whilst I update the fw on a few of them)....
Jump to: