Pages:
Author

Topic: Claim an old wallet and find the relative owner. - page 2. (Read 214 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196
Reputation first.
It's becoming challenging to comprehend all of your inquiries, but from what I understand, you're asking about what to do if you come across a lost wallet with an unknown owner. Although this situation is unlikely to occur, if it does happen, there may not be a feasible way to track down the rightful owner. However, if you're an honest individual, you could consider donating the funds to charity. It's important to avoid moving the funds for an extended period because the original owner may have a duplicate set of private keys and may be holding onto them.

If it would happen, before to do it I'll always try to find the possible owner, if my search won't be successfull I'll use funds for launch here big signature campaign for charity project (it is the best way to say thanks to this

forum for what it has made for me). I don't understand your last sentence, what does it mean? If I move funds from "ADDRESS FOUND" to "NEW ADDRESS" in which way it could be recovered?

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 2191
Signature Space For Rent
It's becoming challenging to comprehend all of your inquiries, but from what I understand, you're asking about what to do if you come across a lost wallet with an unknown owner. Although this situation is unlikely to occur, if it does happen, there may not be a feasible way to track down the rightful owner. However, if you're an honest individual, you could consider donating the funds to charity. It's important to avoid moving the funds for an extended period because the original owner may have a duplicate set of private keys and may be holding onto them.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196
Reputation first.
I was thinking in this days at bitcoin puzzle which seems to be really interesting in way to test the "strength" of Bitcoin cryptography; I was really surprised about LBC efforts to find addresses and try solve it.

Now, question that I'd like to submit is this one:

- What if I find a wallet that has never moved nothing since 12-13 years ago (for example)?

- My thoughts was:

1) Put in safe way what I've found on a new key, maybe a paper wallet.

2) Try with all the efforts to contact/find the owner of this address.

3) Refund to him/her their bitcoin (maybe it can be some guy which has lost his private key many years ago) and eventually receive some bounty as gift.

4) About 3rd question, in which way is possible to find an owner of an address, prove that it is really him/her and avoid scammers?

5) If I found funds from an old wallet, is it legit or is it considering as "steal"?

Pages:
Jump to: