Pages:
Author

Topic: Claiming bitcoin diamond and superbitcoin easily - page 2. (Read 1893 times)

Activity: 503
Merit: 286
Not sure to understand what you want to do: send your BCDs from that exchange to another address??

Then you can use whatever BTC address you have in some of your wallets, again they are the same, or generate new ones with bitcoin-wallets

Please give more details

For all the forks, as long as ppl control their bitcoin private keys, they also control the private keys of each fork. So what is the point of the software you linked, which allows one to "claim" their coins? I assumed that the software must also allow one to make transactions with it?

You are right, I could use an address for a fork for a BTC address I control. But the reason I have not is because 1. I was not certain that the address space is the same for all forks, but I suppose they must be (since changes, eg, to the bitcoin cash addresses is only related to how they are represented?). 2. I would not be able to do anything with those coins. So would be preferable to have them in a place where I could spend them.
Activity: 182
Merit: 33
Not sure to understand what you want to do: send your BCDs from that exchange to another address??

Then you can use whatever BTC address you have in some of your wallets, again they are the same, or generate new ones with bitcoin-wallets

Please give more details
The addresses and keys are the same between BTC and BCD (and between all networks in fact, see https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions#claiming-your-coins-bchbtgbcdsbtc---addresses-and-getting-free-coins), only the encoding (ie address representation) changes, but that's not the case for BCD

You can use this https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-wallets to create wallets and/or convert addresses

And use bitcoin-transactions to create transactions and move/claim your coins

Be careful with BCD, they do strange things and do not reply to anything, please read https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions#forked-coins

Then it is advised to move your bitcoins before claiming your BCDs

I don't know about Bitpie, I would not use it

I need to be sent coins from an exchange that does not offer trading. So I cannot use this to generate new private keys?
The addresses and keys are the same between BTC and BCD (and between all networks in fact, see https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions#claiming-your-coins-bchbtgbcdsbtc---addresses-and-getting-free-coins), only the encoding (ie address representation) changes, but that's not the case for BCD

You can use this https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-wallets to create wallets and/or convert addresses

And use bitcoin-transactions to create transactions and move/claim your coins

Be careful with BCD, they do strange things and do not reply to anything, please read https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions#forked-coins

Then it is advised to move your bitcoins before claiming your BCDs

I don't know about Bitpie, I would not use it

Can I use this to generate private keys for bitcoin diamond and other forks?

Can bitpie do that? Is bitpie safe?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
When trying to use this method I didn’t found any BCD or SBTC but I found some btg . But when I try to send to my bitpie’s btg address it shows error “ -25Missing Inputs”. Someone suggest please ?
Activity: 303
Merit: 43
Remember to never use again the wallet you used to claim the forked coins or you'll risk loosing everything.
That win64 is an unsigned EXE file.  I am not a DEV or programmer and do not know how to verify the integrity of such a file.

As such I am unwilling to install it on my computer.   ANY thoughts for me?
Download VirtualBox or something and use virtual machines. Create one for each fork. Do what you need to do and then delete.

I built the BitcoinDiamond and SuperBitcoin from source using the Linux (Ubuntu) Subsystem on Windows 10 (just out of curiosity, but it's basically the same as building on Linux) following the 'Advanced Instructions' near the bottom of this post... 'https://medium.com/@jimmysong/bitcoin-diamond-super-bitcoin-bitcore-what-you-need-to-know-f49c35688a39'. Had no problems doing so, although I have yet to run them to sync the blockchains, and claim whatever is the equivalent to the $500 worth of BTC I had at that time.

Just make sure you create virtual drives large enough to cover the blockchain size. I created 150GB virtual drives.
Activity: 2394
Merit: 586
I'm trying this with a Ledger Nano.  As far as I can tell, the seed of the Ledger nano is from the Bip 39 word list, if I try to enter the word list into the Bither Bip38 private key text, it says, it is not a match with bip38 private key.  This is what it said when I entered the first word and hit enter.  Maybe Im suppose to enter all the words with a space in between before pressing enter.  The HDM account recovery option wants to scan a QR code.  I only have a word list.  How do I get around that?

Any help would be appreciated.  Mr Piggles thanks for posting.  BTW, BTW stands for Bitcoin White https://bitcoinwhite.org/# as far as I can tell.  I found wallets for Bitcoin Diamond BCD and Super Bitcoin SBTC on yobit.net.  I went to funding and checked to see if they have wallets and they did for BCD and SBTC but not BTW.  I haven't generated an address yet so not for sure if they are working.

BTW= Bitcoin World
Activity: 2
I'm trying this with a Ledger Nano.  As far as I can tell, the seed of the Ledger nano is from the Bip 39 word list, if I try to enter the word list into the Bither Bip38 private key text, it says, it is not a match with bip38 private key.  This is what it said when I entered the first word and hit enter.  Maybe Im suppose to enter all the words with a space in between before pressing enter.  The HDM account recovery option wants to scan a QR code.  I only have a word list.  How do I get around that?

Any help would be appreciated.  Mr Piggles thanks for posting.  BTW, BTW stands for Bitcoin White https://bitcoinwhite.org/# as far as I can tell.  I found wallets for Bitcoin Diamond BCD and Super Bitcoin SBTC on yobit.net.  I went to funding and checked to see if they have wallets and they did for BCD and SBTC but not BTW.  I haven't generated an address yet so not for sure if they are working.

Activity: 700
Merit: 350
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
Thanks for sharing man. I actually didn't even claim by bitcoin gold yet, and I'm still not sure what I will do with these ones. Forks are happening to fast that it's hard to keep track. One thing is for sure, the mania around forks has settled down, and these last ones are not generating so much profits as the first two. I think forks will start to slow down, as soon as people realize that they can't keep making money out of them. Exchanges are not listing them anymore these days. Less money for us, but I guess that's still a good thing though.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
I think I extracted the coins by using the OP's method but there isn't a single fucking exchange with a working bcd deposit address available right now. So it is impossible to dump that crap. Some major scam is happening.
Edited, because i've posted first, read later. Run into the same wall as the poster above. 12 words seed vs 24 seed. HDM recovery asks for a QR code.
I know this CAN be solved, its like the first thing i've ever ran into my life where no matter how hard i google and giggle, i still fail.

Halp before the pump is gone pls sir  Smiley jk, but still, any idea where we screw up?
Activity: 6
Merit: 4
I am interested inclaiming  BTCD or BCD "Bitcoin Diamond" however there are issues with your suggestion.

A trezor uses (at I am using a 24 word seed plus passphrase) Bitpie/Bither recovers using a 12 wors seed for the wallet.

so I do not believe I can recover my empty (of bitcon, not BCD) wallet with BitPie/Bither.  Do you

Know a way which that can be done?

2. I have looked on the Bitcoin Diamond Github.  https://github.com/eveybcd/BitcoinDiamond/releases

bitcoindiamond-1.0.0-win64-setup-unsigned.exe

This is the RC1 version of BCD. Please test and report bugs to Issue Tracker. Thanks a lot!

Also note that Windows and macOS packages are not signed, so you may get a warning while running them.

That win64 is an unsigned EXE file.  I am not a DEV or programmer and do not know how to verify the integrity of such a file.

As such I am unwilling to install it on my computer.   ANY thoughts for me?

Thanks.
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
you can use Electrum Diamond wallet https://www.electrumdiamond.org

SCAM WALLET

Don't' download the wallet or use the wallet on that website.
Look on the official website for legit wallets to use so you can claim the coins.
Activity: 28
Does this work with coins held in a segwit address on Trezor? Derived by Bip 49.

Trying to do the same but with Ledger. Have not succeded so far. I would compile and sync up a full node but this shit doesn't even exist as source code it seems.

I've built 3 of these on Linux now - United Bitcoin, Super Bitcoin, Bitcoin Diamond. Worth noting that not all the forks necessarily change the datadir or exe names! So when I first tried this, I ended up with two EXEs called bitcoin-qt, obviously with the second overwriting the first. Then after I'd fixed that - there's a configure option to add a prefix to the EXE names - use ./configure --help to find it - one of them popped up saying it was going to use ~/.bitcoin as its datadir. This just seemed like it was going to be trouble in the long run. So I created a separate Unix user for each fork, installed each fork's binaries into somewhere in that user's home folder (e.g., by configuring it with "./configure --prefix=$HOME/usr"), added the user's binaries folder to their PATH, and ran it that way. Then each fork can do whatever it likes, it's all self-contained, and you don't have to remember to run it with --datadir=$HOME/.thatbitcoinfork or something.

This is nothing you couldn't figure out yourself, I'm sure, but maybe it will save you or somebody else the 10 minutes I spent pissing about.

Also a bonus: very easy to just remove all the fork's data when you're done with it.

--Tom
Activity: 1484
Merit: 535
Thanks for sharing, but I usually put my BTC on the exchange, and they'll help me deal with these forks, Grin

Worst thing that you can do, if you are just letting your bitcoins on an exchange only for claiming all those shitty forks, let me tell you that you are very EXPOSED to lose everything.

What if the exchange gets hacked? You are going to lose everything.

What if they decide to Make the Grand Mt.Gox 2.0? You are going to lose all your bitcoins only because "you wanted to claim your bitcoin crappy forks"

Just store your bitcoins on a safe place, do not do it for claiming those forks who are not even worth $50.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Thanks for sharing, that is a nice advise. However, do these coins have any value? Are they listed somewhere? Just to understand if it is worth the effort...
Activity: 980
Merit: 256
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
(i knew it was a scam wallet so I downloaded it on a safe PC I don't use for btc to show people)
Pages:
Jump to: