Pages:
Author

Topic: Class action lawsuit against Google over adwords phishing site scam - page 2. (Read 2551 times)

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Are there so many stupid people that have fallen in this to make a class action lawsuit?

And is the class "stupid people who don't use 2-factor authentication"?  Smiley
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Good luck with your lawsuit. But, since Google didn't post the ad, I dont see how they would be liable. Unless, of course, they were notified of the phishing site and did nothing, then they would be at fault, I believe.

This is a good reminder to not click on links. to look at the link and know what the original should say.

proving if google had been notified of the phishing site might be hard to prove..

Good luck, anyways..

Here is the link to report phishing sites to Google.  http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/

Also, if you want to read about the 500 million dollar settlement they had to pay, here it is.. http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/08/30/behind-googles-500-million-settlement-with-u-s/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

They basically broke the law and let canadian pharmacies advertise pharmaceuticals. That, to me, is a no brainer..
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Taken from Reddit:

"We're scheduled to go into further discussion this Tuesday, but I'll summarize what the class action is about below.

As of this post, there remains to be a Google adwords advertisement that's shown to the public. Unfortunately, this advertisement is a cover up phishing site, which has stolen money from myself and possible others. Now, I don't know the full extent of theft that occurred as it applies to others, but I myself have lost a worthy sum due to this phishing site.

It is Google's responsibility to provide safe advertisements for the public, and this isn't the first time they've defrauded the public. In 2011, a similar situation occurred where advertisements for drugs were being sold that were not suitable for people and Google paid out 500M.

I'm aware that Google is currently facing a class action suit for its adsense program, where they allegedly stole funds from publishers a few days before their payout period. That class action shouldn't interfere with the one we plan to launch.

I've read reports right here on this subreddit of people being affected by this phishing ad, so I do believe that I'm not the only one who's been affected.

I'm planning on posting a follow up on the details of this civil action after Tuesday, when I speak with the designated attorneys. Hopefully they'll comply and go forward with this, if not I'll find people who will. I'm not giving up on this, not anytime soon."

Anyone plan on joining this if the case is taken by attorneys? If you weren't aware, there's a google ad that imitates blockchain's wallet, and when you put your info in.... well you know how phishing sites work.

I have a few questions myself:

How can anyone check how many bitcoins we lost? Couldn't someone lie about how much they lost?

How can anyone check if the person who says they got affected really did?

It's obvious that negligence occurred on Google's side, how much would a possible settlement go for?

Pages:
Jump to: