Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 297. (Read 2145040 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
hello dev plz add claymore to minergate  Kiss
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Is anyone getting this error message at the start of the miner before it hashes :

Warning : Linking two modules of different data layouts ... "amdil64-pc-amdopenc1" ?

Edit Found it on a previous post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7227539
Activity: 414
Merit: 101
Starting both Claymor miners is tricky if you have Kaspersky antivirus.  In both cases if Kaspersky is active aplication starts and computer hangs or even print BSOD.
Work around is to disable Kaspersky, start app then reenable protection. But in version 2.1 of GPU ( and sometimes CPU miner) after re-enabling protection process crash and stops. And sometimes only restart help!
So if you use some kind of software protection: change it... it looks like it is more damage then good thing from that.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Yes I use vmprotect. Do you know a lot about it to state that it's the reason of problems with GPUs? If so, let me know more details, I will be glad to check it.
I always test both original and vmprotect versions on my systems and I never saw any differences for several months in different miners and other software I created.
For CryptoNote miner, for example, both versions don't work until I set pagefile 16GB.
If you have problems with vmprotect - miner will not start on your system at all because it does its job at starting only. If you see at least one line in console after starting - everything works properly.
The problem is in AMD drivers, they don't want to work with large memory sizes. Drivers just don't allow OpenCL app to allocate a lot of GPU memory at once. For example, 290X card has 4GB but OpenCL gives me less than 1GB at once by default. GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT variable is a solution (I can assign up to 3GB), but buggy solution as you can see. And AMD found a solution - today I tried Catalyst 14.6 and even with GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT I cannot allocate more than 1GB at once now. So they solved the problem Wink I have a couple of ideas about possible workaround, I hope it will help, new version will be available soon. Anyway, working with AMD OpenCL is some kind of magic which is much more unstable than vmprotect.

It would be great to have your new version soon, and hope that we will be seeing some improvements again in the hashrate...say 50% Grin Grin Cheesy
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

The last couple of buffers are different size for an unrelated reason. Note, I have not used GPU_MAX_ALLOC
type parameters and have never seen a need to. This also works on Cayman, and Barts devices but I prefer
Tahiti because the memory is so large and fast. Sorry, I don't know much about Nvida devices because I
usually choose hardware based on specifications.

Hope it helps."[/i]

I already use this trick, starting from first version Smiley And it works, but not on all systems as you can see, especially on multi-GPU systems. So I will try to improve this trick a bit.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
Claymore are you using VMPROTECT on the EXE files?

If so that could/would explain a lot of the problems people are having.  It has some problems when dealing directly with hardware.

iam pretty sure it does..... use vmprotect

If so it would explain a lot of the memory errors and loosing touch with the hardware.

Yes I use vmprotect. Do you know a lot about it to state that it's the reason of problems with GPUs? If so, let me know more details, I will be glad to check it.
I always test both original and vmprotect versions on my systems and I never saw any differences for several months in different miners and other software I created.
For CryptoNote miner, for example, both versions don't work until I set pagefile 16GB.
If you have problems with vmprotect - miner will not start on your system at all because it does its job at starting only. If you see at least one line in console after starting - everything works properly.
The problem is in AMD drivers, they don't want to work with large memory sizes. Drivers just don't allow OpenCL app to allocate a lot of GPU memory at once. For example, 290X card has 4GB but OpenCL gives me less than 1GB at once by default. GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT variable is a solution (I can assign up to 3GB), but buggy solution as you can see. And AMD found a solution - today I tried Catalyst 14.6 and even with GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT I cannot allocate more than 1GB at once now. So they solved the problem Wink I have a couple of ideas about possible workaround, I hope it will help, new version will be available soon. Anyway, working with AMD OpenCL is some kind of magic which is much more unstable than vmprotect.
Maybe this can help :
http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/159516 :
"
Hi vanja_z, welcome to the forum,

Currently OpenCL users are limited to 25% of device memory,

I don't know where you get this from, perhaps it's a rumor, but it's certainly not correct.

(there is a 512MB limit per allocation call but you can allocate as much as you like)

I do predominately scientific computing and often need very large and fast memory so I am mostly using the 7970. On the 7970, I often allocate a single contiguous buffer that uses just shy of 3GB, the device limit. It's very simple, all you do is allocate in chunks of 512MB or less and make sure the chunks are rounded to about 0x4000 bytes, then they will be placed contiguously. Example, allocating 2GB you might have kernel buffers like

__kernel(global float *A, global float *B, global float *C, global float *D){}

Since this is C language and A,B,C,D are memory pointers, you can use A to reference all of memory.

Here is a printout from a typical program start:

open:devices 3 gpus, 1 cpu, device(0) = Tahiti

start(cl):ndevs=3 gpus=1 time=57.136

buffer 0 start 01D1E000 to 21D1E000 size=20000000  Gap = 00000

buffer 1 start 21D1E000 to 41D1E000 size=20000000  Gap = 00000

buffer 2 start 41D1E000 to 61D1E000 size=20000000  Gap = 00000

buffer 3 start 61D1E000 to 81D1E000 size=20000000  Gap = 00000

buffer 4 start 81D1E000 to A1D1E000 size=20000000  Gap = 00000

buffer 5 start A1D1E000 to B0E1E000 size=0F100000  Gap = 00000

buffer 6 start B0E1E000 to BF21E000 size=0E400000  Gap = 00000

buffer 7 start BF21E000 to BFE1E000 size=00C00000  Gap = ----  (last address on GPU is BFFFFFFC)

The last couple of buffers are different size for an unrelated reason. Note, I have not used GPU_MAX_ALLOC

type parameters and have never seen a need to. This also works on Cayman, and Barts devices but I prefer

Tahiti because the memory is so large and fast. Sorry, I don't know much about Nvida devices because I

usually choose hardware based on specifications.

Hope it helps."
Activity: 14
We at MinerGate would be really happy to help Claymore add our pool!
Sent a PM with details.
donator
Miners developer

If so that could/would explain a lot of the problems people are having.  It has some problems when dealing directly with hardware.

If so it would explain a lot of the memory errors and loosing touch with the hardware.

Activity: 52
Hmm my miner after few hours mines but on pools it says like im not subbmiting any shares? Did dev set 100% fee after few hours or is this problem with pools?
Problem with the pool. Look at your miner and you'll see that you aren't actually mining (unless you're using the latest version in which you should check the backup pool to see if it swapped).

But anyway, he doesn't mine 100% after a few hours. Been running the miner for days now and it's solid and on the pool all the time.

I have 3 backup pools + primary pool, cards are running on 100%, no shares submitted on any of the pools
Try restarting the miner than, dunno what to tell ya. But I know that Claymore isn't stealing, at least not by taking over the miners completely Tongue

Also, depending on how you set up your GPUs they could be just stuck at 100% capacity without actually doing any work, for anyone.

I will keep testing, that happend 2x since yesterday btw.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hmm my miner after few hours mines but on pools it says like im not subbmiting any shares? Did dev set 100% fee after few hours or is this problem with pools?
Problem with the pool. Look at your miner and you'll see that you aren't actually mining (unless you're using the latest version in which you should check the backup pool to see if it swapped).

But anyway, he doesn't mine 100% after a few hours. Been running the miner for days now and it's solid and on the pool all the time.

I have 3 backup pools + primary pool, cards are running on 100%, no shares submitted on any of the pools
Try restarting the miner than, dunno what to tell ya. But I know that Claymore isn't stealing, at least not by taking over the miners completely Tongue

Also, depending on how you set up your GPUs they could be just stuck at 100% capacity without actually doing any work, for anyone.
donator
Miners developer

I'd like to know more details. What does miner show? Does it show that it submits shares? Does it get new jobs?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Activity: 364

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Activity: 356
If you have versions of AMD Drivers later than 13.12 does that cause troubles? Do we need to remove all the AMD drivers and install 13.12 to make this work?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I received several msg asking me to give my workaround for connecting claymore to minergate.
I can give you the solution i found, but it's just for the proof of concept.

Claymore can't connect to the pool for devfee, so the miner try to reconnect every 5 sec, and after some amount of time, stop mining with a message.(something like 5 minutes or so)
Claymore can't merge mine neither, we will need a special miner for that (i think).

But mining on minergate with claymore would be already very good. The best thing you can do if you also want to, is to ask the dev if he could make a version which can.
Claymore is closed source, with 5% fee. I have no problems with that, but please listen to us !

Ok, I'll add this pool Smiley

...and what about merge mine support there? Wink

Hello everyone, there is a thread discussion what you would like to see in an open source GPU miner for Cryptonight algorithm coins here. Please discuss what you would like to see in a GPU miner similar to Claymore's excellent miner Smiley

Merge mine support  Cool
Activity: 56
Hello everyone, there is a thread discussion what you would like to see in an open source GPU miner for Cryptonight algorithm coins here. Please discuss what you would like to see in a GPU miner similar to Claymore's excellent miner Smiley
Jump to: