Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLC] Cloud Coin Idea - page 2. (Read 3603 times)

Activity: 547
Merit: 105
Bitcoin ya no es el futuro, es el presente
September 13, 2012, 02:22:58 AM
Hi! This is my first idea of this type.

I'm very happy with crypto currencies, I like the idea, the development and the working.

What I dislike is the usage of the energy (I think it is a waste of energy to do only hashing) AND the problem with ASIC and other speciallized devices.

So I'm proposing this new currency, called Cloud Coin (maybe a cuter name, easy to pronounce in various languages will be better)

The basic idea is to make a currency with the same characteristics of BTC, except the proof of work.

It could use the same proof of work as BTC and LTC combined to start, but it must allow a proof of work that is different from simple hashing, like computing work.

It is basically the mix of BTC<C proof of work with the idea of BOINC projects.

A person, institution or whatever should be able to create a block to solve, with the code (some type of kernel, with a predefined set of instructions that don't put at risk the miner's computer) to solve that block.

That individual could add a new block to solve to the block chain paying some amount of CLCs, that the miners win when the block is solved. The solution of the block is then added to the block chain so the indivudal that placed the problem can retrive the result, and add a new block to the chain.

This way, if someone  wants to do a heavy computing work can use the CLC network paying a price for it. Because the individual requires to pay with CLC, he/she must have enough CLC on his account (address) to pay for inclusion of a block. Miners can chose which block to solve, based on the premium of solving that block.

And the individual that includes the block to solve can buy CLC from miners or a CLC market paying with whatever he has, like other coins (BTC or other) or trading for centralized and closed currencies like USD/GBP or another thing.

If no project is available, the CLC network can add blocks from boinc projects like SETI, to contribute to science.

Also, the network should provide a reward in addition to the premium that the individual paid for the work.

This way no speciallized device could be easily made that works with so generic type of proof of work, while at the same time providing the miners a better return on their GPU and CPU and maybe FPGAs, and also providing to the individual that ask for Computing time the solution of his problem on a very big cloud computing environment, and also providing to the world a better usage of the energy solving science projects.

Do you think this is viable?

Pages:
Jump to: