Pages:
Author

Topic: close - page 2. (Read 598 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 308
April 11, 2019, 02:18:56 PM
I do know many people from my country that use this forum as their only source of income.  This website is very popular among our internet cafes and I started to read more about this forum.  The thing is a lot of jobs don't pay enough and people are looking for a way out.  Do you feel empathy for these people or do you think this forum shouldn't be for money?
This forum is not for income source only, you are right you can earn some money from here but dont see it just on one sight (money). You also have to see it as source of knowledge especially about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
Activity: 252
Merit: 56
April 11, 2019, 02:11:17 PM
I do know many people from my country that use this forum as their only source of income.  This website is very popular among our internet cafes and I started to read more about this forum.  The thing is a lot of jobs don't pay enough and people are looking for a way out.  Do you feel empathy for these people or do you think this forum shouldn't be for money?

One must endeavor to empathize with those less fortunate than ourselves. I would not chastise those seeking much needed financial reward in return for their contributions. If they are trying their uttermost to provide valuable and useful content, then however meager their net output is, they must be encouraged.

I fear saturation point in terms of novel ico's with real use cases is near at hand. The chances of your air drop tokens/sig derived tokens bringing a consistent income sufficient to live upon are slimming daily.

The primary problem that some members have with the specific group being discussed, is that some are unable to produce any output above noise level. Too much noise can drown out the less frequent high value posts. This can destroy, and inhibit, the meaningful interaction and exchanges of ideas.

The forum will eventually reach a point, where the threshold to extract any direct financial reward via posting is  high enough to prevent a lot of the low level noise.

This forum will never separate itself from perceived opportunities to make easy money.
Activity: 602
Merit: 24
April 11, 2019, 01:07:28 PM
This forum is primarily a source of knowledge and a place where participants share their experiences. As participants gain knowledge, many begin to look for ways to earn money on this forum and find them! In the process of generating income, participants receive their own experience. Someone this experience is positive and brings profit. Some are disappointed in their expectations of income through this forum. To each his own!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
April 11, 2019, 01:01:39 PM
     People are not only earning income through pay per post and bounties, though. Although that is how most are earning an income through this forum, some people are earning though providing various services(such as lending, selling goods, escrow, being a campaign manager, etc etc.) . Just as long as people are not scamming anyone or posting pure garbage, I'm cool with people trying to make this forum work for them. After all, this forum is all about bitcoin and various cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is money.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
April 11, 2019, 12:53:37 PM
When people use bitcointalk as source of their only income then it is huge risk they are taking and their future are also a big question.I am not sure advertisements in this forum will stay forever so people need to use those forum as source of learning to make money from different ways.
Activity: 462
Merit: 155
April 11, 2019, 12:41:50 PM
I do know many people from my country that use this forum as their only source of income.  This website is very popular among our internet cafes and I started to read more about this forum.  The thing is a lot of jobs don't pay enough and people are looking for a way out.  Do you feel empathy for these people or do you think this forum shouldn't be for money?
What did you imply by writing "this forum shouldn't be for money"?
Maybe you misexpressed your ideas, but let assume that you express exactly what you wanted. I will give you information that the admin stated strongly that the forum does not need money.
I will find original post of theymos later, for now you can use this one for reference
theymos multiple times said that currently forum don't need donations. They get enough revenue by selling ad slots. Also, there are more than enough BTC in forum reserves. And with new rank requirements Bitcointalk will get BTC from people who are buying Copper memberships.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
April 11, 2019, 12:39:38 PM
Why do you think that this Forum is a real income place, it's wrong.
Forum place to discuss cryptocurrency like Bitcoin etc.
I'm sure 80% of people in this Forum have a steady income.
Money is never enough for humans, in humans there is greed and greed.
Now that you have a vehicle tomorrow, you want to have a luxury home, this will not end.
If you think that the Forum is your main place of income, maybe 1 year or 2 years ahead of your child, your wife will starve, fantasize to be rich.
Prioritize the Forum for you where to discuss crypto, the money you get in the forum is in addition to you.

This method can also make a lot of money:

https://youtu.be/x2P9YcnWlwY

No, it should be on the Forum.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
April 11, 2019, 12:24:21 PM
It is inevitable that this forum is used as a medium for promoting business, advertisements, and recruitments for businesses. This forum has the largest amount of users active around the world and this would be a great opportunity for people who are looking to share their knowledge about cryptocurrencies in general.

The problem comes when people view the forum purely on earning income alone. This defeats the purpose of being a learning tool and as a general guide to most newbies since the forum is being populated with spammers, scammers, hackers, and abusers.

Lastly, relying on this forum as their primary source of income is a risky move. The flow of income may be unstable and the offers from various campaign signatures is mainly on a short-term basis.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 11, 2019, 12:16:11 PM
close
Pages:
Jump to: