Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] 100 KnC Jupiter 1-500 - page 2. (Read 8259 times)

donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
June 09, 2013, 03:10:10 AM
so I guess the big discount you will pocket is worth all the trouble of shipping out 80 jupiters? (or not, and just let KnC host)

if you get 20% off that means you get 20 free jupiters

nice angle if you can pull it off, not much time though

We are talking more about 5% here than about 20 - which still is enough to cover re-shipping costs and leave one fee Jupiter for me.

But you're right, time is short and demand dried up, so most probably those registered will get a free 1-500 slot from me and order themselves.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
June 08, 2013, 09:25:11 PM
Intrigued.  Pm'ed, and would be in for 1 or 2 depending on when full payment for the devices would be required after your deadline.  Thank you.

-JC
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
June 08, 2013, 09:20:38 PM
so I guess the big discount you will pocket is worth all the trouble of shipping out 80 jupiters? (or not, and just let KnC host)

if you get 20% off that means you get 20 free jupiters

nice angle if you can pull it off, not much time though
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
June 08, 2013, 07:44:48 PM
Since you'll be offering the hosting option, and you don't believe you'll sell all the units available, you should consider selling shares of the units. There's a lot of people who simply can't participate in these group buys due to not having the funds.

For example, you want 71 BTC for each device, so 1/100 shares would cost 0.71 for BTC for 1.2 Gh/s, which a lot more people could afford. If you really want to reach the masses, you could sell 1/1000 shares for 0.071 BTC for 120 Mh/s.

Personally, I'd go with something like shares representing 1/1200 costing 0.071 BTC for 100 Mh/s with you keeping 200 shares as a management fee.

I think you'd sell a few more machines with such an offer on the table.

There are some folks going this approach and people who do not want to risk that much have already enough choices.

From operating a publicly traded mining bond in the past I know that this is a full-time-job that is a perfect challenge to learn a lot about Bitcoin if you don't have a day job. I do have one, and this is nothing I could do well enough in my limited spare time.

Sadly time is short, otherwise I would not mind if someone else organized such contracts with units bought from this group buy.

Did that here
donator
June 08, 2013, 06:34:14 PM
Since you'll be offering the hosting option, and you don't believe you'll sell all the units available, you should consider selling shares of the units. There's a lot of people who simply can't participate in these group buys due to not having the funds.

For example, you want 71 BTC for each device, so 1/100 shares would cost 0.71 for BTC for 1.2 Gh/s, which a lot more people could afford. If you really want to reach the masses, you could sell 1/1000 shares for 0.071 BTC for 120 Mh/s.

Personally, I'd go with something like shares representing 1/1200 costing 0.071 BTC for 100 Mh/s with you keeping 200 shares as a management fee.

There are some folks going this approach and people who do not want to risk that much have already enough choices.

From operating a publicly traded mining bond in the past I know that this is a full-time-job that is a perfect challenge to learn a lot about Bitcoin if you don't have a day job. I do have one, and this is nothing I could do well enough in my limited spare time.

Sadly time is short, otherwise I would not mind if someone else organized such contracts with units bought from this group buy.
donator
June 08, 2013, 06:27:41 PM
vote: don't make it all/nothing.

would be nice if you could just buy these the ones that get bought and drop the rest.
i already have two of the smaller machines ordered, would get a refund for those then and pay you.

This is something I will need to think about when I know the final numbers. The whole idea of making it all-or-nothing is to get my effort compensated from KnC and not from the community. I openly dislike the trades of pre-orders people got basically for free and am not going to seek profit from this.

Therefore one potential outcome of this group buy (in the case of insufficient funding) might be to give the pre-order-position for free to those who committed support. Essentially it means, if you have sent coins to register, you will get your 1-500 Jupiter anyway: either through this group buy or via a free position in the pre-order queue.
(Should have titled this thread 'KnC Jupiter pre-orders for free', maybe Wink)
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
June 08, 2013, 05:56:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
June 08, 2013, 05:42:16 PM
vote: don't make it all/nothing.

would be nice if you could just buy these the ones that get bought and drop the rest.
i already have two of the smaller machines ordered, would get a refund for those then and pay you.

donator
June 08, 2013, 05:25:50 PM
Is there any sort of discount for those wanting KnC to host it?

Would you be willing to provide the option of KnC hosting the device? That seems to be a deciding factor for some.

There is not much information about hosting so far, but since KnC offers to change your mind and ship devices you initially ordered for hosting, I am fine with this.

Update: Device Hosting
Since several users approached me with their preference for hosting instead of shipping Jupiter units, and since KnC allows devices ordered for hosting to be changed to ship afterwards, if we make it to order I will do with all devices ordered for hosting and change it to shipping in a later step.

Does that mean its either "all 100 are shipped" or "all 100 are hosted"?
Or, hopefully, you may tell them to host 47 and have the 53 others shipped to you?

And, just so that I don't miss anything in the hundreds of other pages:
- the first 500 orders (or ordered devices?) may pay the full sum now to be the first ones delivered
- after the first 500 it's first-pay-first-receive
- they want to have shipped by the end of september

Ente

The exact ToS for hosting are not yet finalized, the most recent information is from https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-12

I expect and will let KnC confirm that it will be possible to leave some devices hosted and ship the others on demand.

After all, they are interested to get funding for their chips, there is no reasonable incentive to refuse giving us such a choice.

This would impose two additional advantages
  • the shipping costs do not need to be paid upfront
  • we might reach an agreement to send those units to buyers who want to have them at home directly, instead of proxying them over Switzerland

If this group buy reaches the required threshold by tomorrow (which right now does not look like), I will clarify these open points before I start collecting the final funds.

EDIT: forgot to address the other points

As for
- the first 500 orders (or ordered devices?) may pay the full sum now to be the first ones delivered

This group buy assumes and makes only sense if the pre-orders are kept in front of the queue (which is what KnC approved several times). If it turned out do be handled differently, I will not order and funds are returned to sender.

legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
June 08, 2013, 04:37:33 PM

Would you be willing to provide the option of KnC hosting the device? That seems to be a deciding factor for some.

There is not much information about hosting so far, but since KnC offers to change your mind and ship devices you initially ordered for hosting, I am fine with this.

Since several users approached me with their preference for hosting instead of shipping Jupiter units, and since KnC allows devices ordered for hosting to be changed to ship afterwards, if we make it to order I will do with all devices ordered for hosting and change it to shipping in a later step.

Does that mean its either "all 100 are shipped" or "all 100 are hosted"?
Or, hopefully, you may tell them to host 47 and have the 53 others shipped to you?

And, just so that I don't miss anything in the hundreds of other pages:

Ente
donator
June 08, 2013, 03:54:16 PM
Zefir can you specify your pre-order number for this devices? or at least what range it was?

Hm, I'm still unclear if there was an order number at all and if it is of any relevance for the real ordering now.

Anyhow, all I got when I pre-ordered was an email including this lines
Code:
Order ID: 192

The desired goods: KNC Bitcoin miner numbers 1-500

Quantity: 100

Is this what you are asking for?
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
June 08, 2013, 03:17:41 PM
Zefir can you specify your pre-order number for this devices? or at least what range it was?

How the...?! You have a hundred unit preorder in the first 500 orders??

As written in OP, when KnC first announced, their products were priced somewhere at k. with a exchange rate of +, 100 units totaled at 1.5k BTC - thats the amount I am still putting at risk.

Wasn't it like 3 per order for people in the 1-500 group?

Anyhow if it turns out KNC is not going to be able to deliver, there's going to be a whole lot of fucked up people who will be in debt/bankrupt.

Too many stupid people getting ASIC mania these past few months.

The 3 unit limit was not there when I pre-ordered. It might have been introduced lately, but from the order system I am able to checkout all 100 (see screenshot in OP).

Yes, this is risky. I guess KnC collected already several millions, and it will be a sad day for the community if they fail - which is btw the case for all other ASIC manufacturers.

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
June 08, 2013, 02:49:09 PM
wow.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
June 08, 2013, 02:25:17 PM
Hi,

In my group buy, I am hosting it in southern california at a datacenter.  Please check the group buy for more info.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=228700.new#new

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
donator
June 08, 2013, 01:55:47 PM

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
June 08, 2013, 11:32:36 AM

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002
June 08, 2013, 09:20:42 AM
What about making a group buy for 5-10 Jupiters with hosting at KNC (or at your place) and dividing each device to 5-10 shares? I think many members would be interested. I know there many group buys like this but not every OP of these is as trustworthy as you Smiley
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
June 08, 2013, 04:24:53 AM
Pages:
Jump to: