Pages:
Author

Topic: Closed - page 3. (Read 8081 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
March 18, 2015, 01:38:00 AM
That is such a beautiful Sax.  I want it, but cannot play it, so its really a moot point for me to pull the trigger on it - make me a deal I can't afford to lose and I'll give in and buy it!  (like maybe 2 BTC and I'd give it a new home)

I and the saxophone appreciate the love, but at two bitcoins, I would hold onto it and work my way through sucking until I could play it to its full potential. I'm learning how to play, but at the level I'm at, I can get the same performance out of a student model that is cheaper than a semi pro model. Truth be told, I will probably end up buying the same saxophone again in the future once I can play it to its full potential, because the sex appeal that is produced while playing it is pretty rediculous. It makes me feel like a straight George Michael when playing it. Saxophones are interesting creatures, the crappiest student model that isn't a chinese knockoff is around $500. A semi pro model is around $3-5k, and a professional model rarely is under $10k, often reaching into the $20-30k range and sometimes nearing $100k.

That said, of everything that I'm clearing out, if the Saxophone doesn't sell, I wont be upset in the slightest, I'll just keep playing it.

Just a suggestion, if you learn how to play the saxophone while riding a self balancing unicycle, pretty sure that makes you the coolest person in existence. I can hook you up with both  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
March 18, 2015, 01:30:15 AM
That is such a beautiful Sax.  I want it, but cannot play it, so its really a moot point for me to pull the trigger on it - make me a deal I can't afford to lose and I'll give in and buy it!  (like maybe 2 BTC and I'd give it a new home)
legendary
March 18, 2015, 01:18:06 AM
I have added prices for the Saxophone, SBU V3, and Euphonium. I also added a photo gallery for the Saxophone with some more detailed/close up shots (dayum its pretty) due to request.
legendary
March 17, 2015, 04:13:33 PM
You're quite a cool guy OP.
If I was to say that I'm interested, how much would international shipping be? (UK)

I like to think so, thanks  Smiley

I can look into it tomorrow morning, I can't imagine it would be terribly cheap since its a relatively large / heavy package, however I'll check DHL and a few other carriers that handle freight, and I'll find you a quote.

Shipping the Unicycle to the UK is really not feasible, my first postage quote was around $500, second was a little over $200 with DHL. Sorry about that.
legendary
March 17, 2015, 04:06:25 AM
You're quite a cool guy OP.
If I was to say that I'm interested, how much would international shipping be? (UK)

I like to think so, thanks  Smiley

I can look into it tomorrow morning, I can't imagine it would be terribly cheap since its a relatively large / heavy package, however I'll check DHL and a few other carriers that handle freight, and I'll find you a quote.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
March 17, 2015, 03:44:46 AM
legendary
March 16, 2015, 09:52:54 PM
Haha, that last one is sick.  I was interested... Until I saw the price of it on amazon!!!  How much would you be selling it for?

Yeah it was expensive. I think I had just found an old Bitcoin wallet and the price of Bitcoin was on its way up. Again, bad impulse control when I percieve it as "free money". Then again, if I had purchased it for $1500 instead of $1800, I wouldn't have had a single bit of regret. The unicycle is so badass, I can zip around my town on it pretty quickly. Its not like a 5 MPH Segway, I've got it up to 20-25MPH I believe. (Although no one was clocking my speed, so I can't say for certain). I tried riding it while playing the saxophone, I wasn't quite good enough, but riding it with a backpack full of books is pretty easy. As I mentioned in the OP, its a hit with kids and drunk college students. Its the perfect level of, WOAH THATS NEAT! And not nearly as snobby feeling as a segway. I feel like if you rode a Segway around, someone would throw something at you. I never wore a helmet while riding it, because your feet are 2 inches off of the ground, and it can't fall forward/backwards, so all you have to do is put your foot down if you start to tilt left or right. That said, its cool to wear helmets kids, nothing worse than head injuries. Anyway, it has very little wear, the battery holds its original full charge, the only sign of use on the unicycle is on the seat where it got a little scruffed up, but no accidents, clean title, one owner who was a little old lady who only drove it to church on sundays (ok that part is a lie).

I haven't seen any secondary market data for the SBU V3s as they are still a small production company, where they make them individually in Portland. You have to wait for them to build your order. Sort of like a Ferrari, but the unicycle is way better. I mention that because its sort of hard to price used, which is why I'm reluctant to set a price. If someone is genuinely interested, I dont want to list a price $100 too high or too low and end communication. If you are genuinely interested, I'd much rather discuss it via pm rather than doing what I just mentioned.

Also, this feels like a good time to mention a reminder that I accept Bitcoins, a multitude of fiat payment methods, Gold/Silver, Aquarium fish, and I'm also open to offers because Bitcointalk people are cool.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
March 16, 2015, 09:32:07 PM
Haha, that last one is sick.  I was interested... Until I saw the price of it on amazon!!!  How much would you be selling it for?
legendary
March 16, 2015, 06:14:03 PM
Since some of these are missing prices, you're just requesting offers on them?

I dont have prices listed for the Saxophone/SBU as they would require a bit of effort to figure out a used price for them, which I'd be happy to do if anyone was slightly interested in either, but I haven't had the greatest luck in finding buyers for items >$500 in the past, so I figured I'd list them and figure out prices if anyone was interested.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
March 16, 2015, 05:37:06 PM
Since some of these are missing prices, you're just requesting offers on them?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
March 15, 2015, 07:20:12 PM
godam you salty....I'm going to be watching vids of self balancing unicycles for the next five hours!

That thing is too cool for school man...lol
legendary
March 15, 2015, 02:07:29 AM
Euphonium (and needs new price converter image): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-yamaha-yep201-euphonium-315834

Thanks, I forgot that I had attempted to sell it before, I'll merge it into this thread. Kind of a niche thing, and that may be the reason why I didn't know if there would be much demand for the Sax. I'm going to just go ahead and list everything with more detail when I wake up tomorrow.
legendary
RIP Mommy
March 14, 2015, 09:44:13 PM
Euphonium (and needs new price converter image): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-yamaha-yep201-euphonium-315834
legendary
March 14, 2015, 08:28:07 PM
Can you do any kind of deal for the Snake and the kangaroo sold together? Do your prices include shipping?

Sure, I'm open to negotiation. For everything listed so far, yes shipping is free to a reasonable extent. For something like the gold/silver, I'd include free priority shipping with tracking. If someone wants something overnighted, or shipped abroad, we will have to work something out.

I was expecting to find some of this stuff in Computer Hardware.

Yeah, the PSUs probably should go in computer hardware, but its not like I placed the thread in the wrong place and its more suitable for computer hardware, its just that I'd rather have everything together in one thread since the thread would have been made for the rest of the things anyway. I figure it would be more spammy to have an additional thread for a couple items, and trying to cross reference threads.

I'm loving the activity, I'm out at the moment, but I'll be a bit quicker to update things since people seem interested. I tend to have poor impulse control when things can be bought with money earned unexpectedly. (think making BTC on Alt coins/dice sites or something similar) so I've got a lot of strange things laying around. I've got a Self Balancing "segway type" unicycle, Vintage Thai silverwear, a Euphonium, custom submarine parts, and all sorts of other assorted goodies to list I suppose. I'm not a hoarder, I just like cool stuff.
Activity: 812
I <3 VW Beetles
March 14, 2015, 07:59:52 PM
Can you read?
"Some stuff may be computer related, but I don't really want to make an additional thread in the computer hardware section for just a few items, so this is just going to be my comprehensive sales thread."

Seems pretty damn clear to me... 
legendary
RIP Mommy
March 14, 2015, 07:53:23 PM
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
March 14, 2015, 07:51:08 PM
Can you do any kind of deal for the Snake and the kangaroo sold together? Do your prices include shipping?
I <3 VW Beetles
March 14, 2015, 07:36:52 PM
Maybe i've read over it, but where do you ship to?

Thanks, maybe interested in a PSU, depends on the price.

I can ship to anywhere from the U.S, shipping cost may be prohibitive for something heavy out of North America. I also can't ship precious metals to Australia or Germany, but besides that shipping costs are the only limiting factor.

I'll have the PSU info updated pretty soon, just running through to make sure the ones I have listed are still in good condition, then I'll post pics/prices for them.
Thanks!
And yeah, I guess shipping a 10 pound PSU to Europe wouldn't be very cheap. Then again I don't actually know the rates.

I'll keep watching for the PSU's. 
legendary
March 14, 2015, 07:33:23 PM

I can ship to anywhere from the U.S, shipping cost may be prohibitive for something heavy out of North America. I also can't ship precious metals to Australia or Germany, but besides that shipping costs are the only limiting factor. *edit* and for the sake of completeness, nor can I ship to Cuba, Iran, Syria, Burma, or North Korea due to U.S trade restrictions.

I'll have the PSU info updated pretty soon, just running through to make sure the ones I have listed are still in good condition, then I'll post pics/prices for them.
I <3 VW Beetles
March 14, 2015, 07:14:11 PM

Pages:
Jump to: