Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Assembly Service for BitFury r.2 Chips into Nano Fury 6 USB Miner - page 2. (Read 7487 times)

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
04/18 UPDATE
We have reached the minimum number needed to move forward.  Over the next few days we will be verifying costs and then will let everyone know what the confirmed per unit cost will be.
We have only 4 orders for the NF2 with the remaining 500+ being for the NF6.  Given that, this assembly will only be for the NF6.
If you are on the fence about joining, please decide today or tomorrow and send me a PM.  The process will start to move quickly now.

vs3
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
And NF6 design is pretty much finalized - most likely to be confirmed over the weekend.

Specs so far:
Chips: 6x Bitfury Gen2
Power usage: 1-1.3A (also somewhat heat dependent - when chips get very hot they use a bit more)
performance: 11-12GH on average
connection: USB (USB 2.0 signaling)
legendary
Just need 136 more and we are off to the races!
legendary
I am back and updated the OP with another 10 NF6's.
Vs3 should have more info for us this week.
Need 136 more to go to build.
legendary
I'm traveling this weekend so contact might be sporadic.
legendary
Good deal Stex2009.  OP updated.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Design for NF6? is it USB style?

Yes, it is USB style. Board dimensions are somewhat similar to NF2 - slightly longer board (to accommodate for various heatsink options).

Just a reminder that as this is a 6-chip board it will need power for like 6 chips! :-)
(and they of course will produce 6 times the heat that one chip produces - so some air movement will be a must!)

And yes - you can underclock all of them and get them to use very little power and run them on a standard USB2.0 plug providing only 2.5W (0.5A@5V).

However if you plan on pushing the hell out of it you should be ready to plug it to a powered USB hub, where for each port (in which you plug a NF6) you would have at least 3A available. If for example your 7-port hub comes with a 4A adapter - that will be sufficient for running only one NF6 board at the limits, or if you slow it down (where it uses around 2A) you might be able to run 2 NF6 boards.

So far preliminary tests with chains of up to 8 chips show that things should work as desired. I'm expecting the first real test boards within the next day or two, so most likely by the end of the weekend I will have some real numbers - performance, heat, power usage, etc.

Once I have the real feedback I may have to tweak the board a bit (based on that feedback) and that redesigned one is the one that will likely be used for production. Redesigning the board and getting new samples will likely take another few days, so production version will probably be confirmed the following weekend.
Thanks for the info!
Sign me up for the min please.
ie 8 X NF6
vs3
Activity: 622
Merit: 500

Yes, it is USB style. Board dimensions are somewhat similar to NF2 - slightly longer board (to accommodate for various heatsink options).

Just a reminder that as this is a 6-chip board it will need power for like 6 chips! :-)
(and they of course will produce 6 times the heat that one chip produces - so some air movement will be a must!)

And yes - you can underclock all of them and get them to use very little power and run them on a standard USB2.0 plug providing only 2.5W (0.5A@5V).

However if you plan on pushing the hell out of it you should be ready to plug it to a powered USB hub, where for each port (in which you plug a NF6) you would have at least 3A available. If for example your 7-port hub comes with a 4A adapter - that will be sufficient for running only one NF6 board at the limits, or if you slow it down (where it uses around 2A) you might be able to run 2 NF6 boards.

So far preliminary tests with chains of up to 8 chips show that things should work as desired. I'm expecting the first real test boards within the next day or two, so most likely by the end of the weekend I will have some real numbers - performance, heat, power usage, etc.

Once I have the real feedback I may have to tweak the board a bit (based on that feedback) and that redesigned one is the one that will likely be used for production. Redesigning the board and getting new samples will likely take another few days, so production version will probably be confirmed the following weekend.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
legendary
Updated OP with an interest count.  More than halfway to 500
legendary
Hi Swimmer63

Could you start an order counter above on the first post at the bottom for the NF2/NF6 (even if you just put in ).

I'll willing to help out and pick up some, let me learn a little bit more about this project.
(now 30 minutes later) I'm interested in this project - seems like a pretty sweet design.

Do we know a lead time on NF6?

All same questions, but we're really looking for 100% finished product with chip included in price.  Also PM'd with initial quantity/spend interest.

I think the chip issue you have might be a matter of perspective.  We are not going to facilitate chip purchases because it's redundant and we don't want to compete with the other Group Buys going.  The BitFury chips have never been available from more sources than they are today.  And they are are relatively cheap. 
I am sure BitcoinValet has bought some extra chips with his order if you are looking at smaller numbers.  And if you are looking at larger numbers, he will probably be willing to open another buy, as he has done in the past.  But we are not going to reinvent the wheel with our own purchase on them.  Sorry.
legendary
Hi Swimmer63

Could you start an order counter above on the first post at the bottom for the NF2/NF6 (even if you just put in ).

I'll willing to help out and pick up some, let me learn a little bit more about this project.
(now 30 minutes later) I'm interested in this project - seems like a pretty sweet design.

I will start a counter or list iluvpcs.  Meant to do that but my real job has been sucking me in the past few days.  That's gotta stop.
OK - Yes - NF6 is a sweet design with significant user advantages over the hexfury just released.  Price is the biggest but also the fact that it's as close to "plug n' play" as you get with btc.
As we described in the OP, once we have the chips in hand we are looking at 4 weeks.  That's conservative.  If all goes well it will be between 3-4 weeks.
I will let vs3 chime in on the eta for the final design.  But that will likely be in place before we finalize this Group Assembly.
So if we can get the number of miner commitments up to at least 500 for one design (NF6 or NF2) in the next 7 days we are looking at 4-5 weeks from today having the product.
I am leaving the chip delivery out of the equation here but this is just to give you an idea.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Hi Swimmer63

All same questions, but we're really looking for 100% finished product with chip included in price.  Also PM'd with initial quantity/spend interest.
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
:)
Hi Swimmer63

legendary
We are at about 100 miners at this point and would need to get to 500 to make this worthwhile.
Post here or pm me or vs3 if you are interested.
This is the only way to get a 6 chip Nano Fury in the near future.
legendary
Hope to have some more performance info from vs3 on the NF6 soon as testing continues.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I'll take at last 10 of the NF6. May do more depending on quantity pricing.

The group buy should be executed this weekend. I'm buying at least 500 extra chips for people who will be wanting assembly through the forums, but the best pricing will be for people who get their order in prior to when I submit payment.

If you are ordering assembly services through Swimmer63 you can skip paying for shipping for now as it will either be free or reduced.

I am going to buy some  nf6  chip ones from swimmer.  I think 8.  I ordered a pair of his current 2 chip ones from his website.   If they work  okay I will get 8 of the nf6 chip ones.

i think i would need the nf6  chips from you to do this.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Is there more info about NF6 that you can direct me towards?

I'll be posting some more details and pictures on the NanoFury thread in the next few days, but in essence - it is 6 chips, similar USB design as the NF2 and in its current incarnation it will use a 40x40mm  heatsink. Basically the goal here is to be as much "overclockers"-friendly as possible, permit to add extra heatsinks on top, replace bottom one, and even use a standard 40x40mm 5V fan for extreme overclocking.

Okay I like the nano fury I still have 20 of them and I am selling them piece by piece on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151265544546&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161260730005&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

So a small order of :

8x nf2 =  8 x 44  or 352
8x nf6 = 8  x  72 or  576 

I want 4 of each can that be done?

It is below the minimums, but we are assessing interest right now so we'll worry about that later. 
Thanks for responding!!

I went to your store and purchased a pair of the 2 chip ones you have in stock.
I will want the 6 chip ones  maybe 8 of them.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
I'll take at last 10 of the NF6. May do more depending on quantity pricing.

The group buy should be executed this weekend. I'm buying at least 500 extra chips for people who will be wanting assembly through the forums, but the best pricing will be for people who get their order in prior to when I submit payment.

If you are ordering assembly services through Swimmer63 you can skip paying for shipping for now as it will either be free or reduced.
legendary
Is there more info about NF6 that you can direct me towards?

I'll be posting some more details and pictures on the NanoFury thread in the next few days, but in essence - it is 6 chips, similar USB design as the NF2 and in its current incarnation it will use a 40x40mm  heatsink. Basically the goal here is to be as much "overclockers"-friendly as possible, permit to add extra heatsinks on top, replace bottom one, and even use a standard 40x40mm 5V fan for extreme overclocking.

Okay I like the nano fury I still have 20 of them and I am selling them piece by piece on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151265544546&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161260730005&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

So a small order of :

8x nf2 =  8 x 44  or 352
8x nf6 = 8  x  72 or  576 

I want 4 of each can that be done?

It is below the minimums, but we are assessing interest right now so we'll worry about that later. 
Thanks for responding!!
Pages:
Jump to: