Pages:
Author

Topic: [Closed] Bitfury miner group buy + hosting (with ESCROW) - page 5. (Read 37289 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!
Payment for BTC mined by components #7, #1 & #2 before the arrival of the remaining H-boards.

TxID: 4047b245e562ea394522373fc666122cb3e304061d56f28ada24c2bacebeae9d

Activity: 560
Don't go chasing a few GH when were over performing, yea you might get a few more ghs but when were down for a week+ and then the next difficulty hits that few ghs will be meaningless and it would have been more worth it to just stay with what we had.
There is much wisdom in this statement

Agreed, we would lose too much if we sent the boards away.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Don't go chasing a few GH when were over performing, yea you might get a few more ghs but when were down for a week+ and then the next difficulty hits that few ghs will be meaningless and it would have been more worth it to just stay with what we had.
There is much wisdom in this statement
Activity: 574
Hi All, you'll be pleased to know that the last four H-boards arrived late this afternoon and are now hapily hashing away Grin (all GB members now have their shares hashing). As with the other boards I'm going to give autotune a chance to work its magic before hand tweaking the chips individually tomorrow. Unfortunately we've got some dead/dying chips in these new boards too (6 in total across all the boards), but the remaining chips should be able to compensate fairly well for this. The BFSB miner is currently running at between 188 and 192 GH/s (280 W at the wall), with some hand tuning I'm hoping to get closer to 200 GH/s, but we'll see.

DOA chips? That doesn't sound promising. Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if there are any remedy options for us?

Some chips are just poor performers/DOA on these boards. The chips are not tested and binned, so each board/miner gets the luck of the draw. The bitfury threads have lots of examples of boards that have worse issues, so I think we've done OK. I haven't contacted BFSB about this. They are all hashing between 30 and 35 GH/s, so considerably faster than the 25 GH/s advertised, so BFSB have certainly delivered what they promised. Also, if we were to RMA a board (and if they were to accept it) then the best case scenario is that we loose min 1 week to ship a new board out. I don't think this is worth it. If others do then we will investigate the possibilities, but my feeling for the moment is that this isn't really a problem. The boards are sort of self-healing - if one chip is not performing well then the others seem to pick up the slack - maybe they get some extra voltage because of a bad chip?
Hi All, you'll be pleased to know that the last four H-boards arrived late this afternoon and are now hapily hashing away Grin (all GB members now have their shares hashing). As with the other boards I'm going to give autotune a chance to work its magic before hand tweaking the chips individually tomorrow. Unfortunately we've got some dead/dying chips in these new boards too (6 in total across all the boards), but the remaining chips should be able to compensate fairly well for this. The BFSB miner is currently running at between 188 and 192 GH/s (280 W at the wall), with some hand tuning I'm hoping to get closer to 200 GH/s, but we'll see.

DOA chips? That doesn't sound promising. Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if there are any remedy options for us?

Some chips are just poor performers/DOA on these boards. The chips are not tested and binned, so each board/miner gets the luck of the draw. The bitfury threads have lots of examples of boards that have worse issues, so I think we've done OK. I haven't contacted BFSB about this. They are all hashing between 30 and 35 GH/s, so considerably faster than the 25 GH/s advertised, so BFSB have certainly delivered what they promised. Also, if we were to RMA a board (and if they were to accept it) then the best case scenario is that we loose min 1 week to ship a new board out. I don't think this is worth it. If others do then we will investigate the possibilities, but my feeling for the moment is that this isn't really a problem. The boards are sort of self-healing - if one chip is not performing well then the others seem to pick up the slack - maybe they get some extra voltage because of a bad chip?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
This week's payment for those with shares in components #7, #1 and #2.

TxID: 55e7a29f2cf34c8eb697c7b578aeebd45a4f41db9b7142986e93920c9afc5e5a

We've just made the payment for GB members with shares in components #7 and #1 for the BTC mined before the arrival of component #2. See below for details. Just about to make this week's payment for those with shares in #7, #1 and #2.

TxID: 5c2af325633a1c7f38651242c268b1e44cd7d25704fe0672af8dfc84c610e2f1

Hi All. Cryptx have been true to their word and have refunded 100 Euro for the bitburner fury component, as this did not reach their anticipated 64 GH/s. We've now distributed this proportionally to group members who contributed towards the bitburner fury component and have reduced the number of shares issued for this component to take account of the lower price paid (using the current Euro:BTC rate at bitpay of 131.958 for calculations - 27/10/2013, 14:37 GMT).
so far none have been early

Lol - UPS is really good at that. What sucks is when an order goes across the country in 1 day, but sits in one spot for 3 days. Of course if you pay the extra, it can get there in one day.  They have it down to an science.

I almost wish they didn't give out tracking numbers. It's painful to watch these things sitting in Helsinki (or wherever) waiting until you've paid an appropriate time penalty for not upgrading to their express service. Oh well, such is life.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
so far none have been early

Lol - UPS is really good at that. What sucks is when an order goes across the country in 1 day, but sits in one spot for 3 days. Of course if you pay the extra, it can get there in one day.  They have it down to an science.
Now collecting towards 3 drillbit boards from drillbit's batch 1 (~60 GH/s, late October early November delivery estimate). These have already been ordered and paid for. (Note: Orders from drillbit's batch 1 are currently sold out to new buyers.)

Now 11 / 25 shares remaining for this component

Just a reminder that we do have an open collection for some drillbit-based hardware for the group miner. This collection is only open until 20:00 BST on 29th October 2013.
Hi All, we now have a tracking number from UPS now for all of the final H-boards that we have on order. These are scheduled to arrive next Monday. Judging from the previous orders UPS seem to be giving reliable delivery estimates (so far none have been early Sad and none late Smiley) so all components should be hashing soon.

I've been doing some hand tuning of the second H-card and we're now averaging around 32GH/s from this card. It's definitely not as good as the first, which is typically running at 33-35 GH/s, but I think we can get it fairly close with a little more software tweaking.

Here's a pic of both boards (sorry about the poor quality on this one).

Activity: 224
Activity: 139
great news,

thanks for the updates.
cool getting closer ! hboard 3 should be arriving in the next couple of days then ?

im right in saying my shares are in hboard 3 ?

cheers

We've just had confirmation from BFSB that our Sept 10th order (that's H-board #2 and #3) is completed. No tracking details yet though. Based on UPS' performance so far I'd anticipate that these boards will actually reach us early next week (as long as they are shipped today).

Yes, you'll start mining as soon as H-board #3 arrives Smiley!
Activity: 139
cool getting closer ! hboard 3 should be arriving in the next couple of days then ?

im right in saying my shares are in hboard 3 ?

cheers
Pages:
Jump to: