Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed for Maintenance) Mining Profitability Chart - page 2. (Read 22264 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Love your chart, but it stopped updating! Sad Fix in progress?
Oh shi %)

Apparently the updating job died while I was not attending it. Thank you!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Love your chart, but it stopped updating! Sad Fix in progress?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
Suggestion:
Add some horizontal lines every 1 USD, a bold one every 5
The Namecoin difficulty seems to come from a website that is down, hm?

"If you decide to go after Namecoin instead, the numbers would look as following:
Infinity NMC/day, 0.0400 NMC/BTC ($0.7616 per NMC), and $Infinity/day.
After next Namecoin diff update: Infinity NMC/day and $Infinity/day."

I'M GOING TO BE INFINITIVELY RICH, BABY! Grin

Oh, you catched a moment when I was updating the code Smiley

So, the update:

- Split charts to "last week" and "all time"
- Added namecoin difficulty/price/profit.
legendary
The Namecoin difficulty seems to come from a website that is down, hm?

"If you decide to go after Namecoin instead, the numbers would look as following:
Infinity NMC/day, 0.0400 NMC/BTC ($0.7616 per NMC), and $Infinity/day.
After next Namecoin diff update: Infinity NMC/day and $Infinity/day."

I'M GOING TO BE INFINITIVELY RICH, BABY! Grin
Update: MtGox stats (and all currency calculations) were screwed. Fixed.
legendary
I don't know of any exchange where you can sell Namecoin for USD!
I know https://exchange.bitparking.com/ . What's wrong with NMC->BTC->USD?
Until you have your BTC from biparking in your account and then on MtGox or on another exchange it'll take 1-2 hours. Currently 2 hours make a difference of ~5 USD/BTC! Wink
make the NMC economy (and hash rate) explode like there's no tomorrow! Embarrassed
Can't think of any sensible hurt that the influx of miners might do to namecoin (name squatting? don't make me laugh)
Although if I'm missing something - please explain.

I don't know of any exchange where you can sell Namecoin for USD!
I know https://exchange.bitparking.com/ . What's wrong with NMC->BTC->USD?

Giving the BTC value in USD for NMC is a bit misleading - please at least state that you'd get x BTC for 100MH/s mining Namecoins wich would then be worth y USD on MtGox.
Well, I should probably mention about mining pool fees, mtgox fee, variance, lost/stale/invalid/orphaned blocks and all such things then... It would get over-complicated and would resemble a big pile of legaleze, which I don't really want. That's what Wiki is for.
legendary
Dude! Putting Namecoin in there will only make the NMC economy (and hash rate) explode like there's no tomorrow! Embarrassed

It is a TINY network, compared to BTC at the moment and what's worse: I don't know of any exchange where you can sell Namecoin for USD! Giving the BTC value in USD for NMC is a bit misleading - please at least state that you'd get x BTC for 100MH/s mining Namecoins wich would then be worth y USD on MtGox.
Difficulty Factor   817583.785486

per Month   ฿22.44   $224.39

Yep. I wonder what all those people will do with their 2-3k$ rigs now Cheesy

The Namecoin predicted difficulty jump stands out even more)
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
this happens to mining in 1000 more blocks.

Difficulty Factor   817583.785486
Hash Rate (mega-hashes / second)   : 600
Exchange Rate ($/฿): $10.00

Coins   Dollars
per Day   ฿0.74   $7.38
per Week   ฿5.38   $53.82
per Month   ฿22.44   $224.39
Update: Now with Namecoin ( http://dot-bit.org/ ) data!

Can't find historical namecoin data though, started to collect on my own...
Ah, and another question:
Where do you get this data from?

I guess from bitcoincharts.com... right?
Oh BTW, do you know of any historical data of NMC/BTC tickers?
There is a weird portion in the graph where the price is below the profit line. Is it something wrong with the data?

1) Price and profit does not use the same scale
2) At the very beginning of the graph, there is portion where MtGox price is not available, the profit line reflects this while the price line does not Smiley I may cut it off in the future though.

Bitcoincharts, blockexplorer, mtgox.

Profitability charts are based on the concept that you can predict the future, which you can't even come close.

@$30/BTC your chart would never have predicted a huge drop to $13/BTC. People would be crying salty tears based on a $30 projection that suddenly halved.

EDIT: Sorry you are only looking at current month and predicted next difficulty. Not so bad. Thumbs up to you then.
Well, this isnt meant to be a "prediction chart", but a historical chart. I completely agree with you about predictions based solely on tickers, yes)
legendary

Activity: 70
Green line: profit (linear scale)
Orange line: MtGox price (log scale)

OBJECTION!

Sssh, that's supposed to be sekrit. Look at that exponential return on investment instead!
legendary
sorry might sound quite "stupid" but as the difficulty scales go up (meaning less bitcoins are generated per mh/s) would it not cause by default, an increase of value of BTC as they become more "rare" or "harder" to "produce"?
Only if the rate that people buy BTC keeps up with the rate BTC are generated.
If there is more demand than ~7200 new BTC/day (plus what old miners are selling from their stashes, so maybe ~8000 BTC/day for a while still) price will go up, if there is less, price will go down.

Difficulty wil FOLLOW price (as it might get unprofitable to mine at some points) but not vice versa - a merchant will nearly ALWAYS see ~7000-7500 BTC per day generated regardless of difficulty (and this is the only thing that drives price) unless a lot of miners quit at the same time.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
sorry might sound quite "stupid" but as the difficulty scales go up (meaning less bitcoins are generated per mh/s) would it not cause by default, an increase of value of BTC as they become more "rare" or "harder" to "produce"?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
God no... not more of this stuff. Profitability charts are based on the concept that you can predict the future, which you can't even come close.

@$30/BTC your chart would never have predicted a huge drop to $13/BTC. People would be crying salty tears based on a $30 projection that suddenly halved.

EDIT: Sorry you are only looking at current month and predicted next difficulty. Not so bad. Thumbs up to you then.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
* Changed mtgox price to linear scale
* added (somewhat scary) next difficulty-based profit estimate

Also, yes, in Ukraine we use commas too, but I'm too lazy to make dynamically-generated page for different languages/countries Smiley

There is a weird portion in the graph where the price is below the profit line. Is it something wrong with the data?
Pages:
Jump to: