Pages:
Author

Topic: Closed Mining Rig - Questions about fans - page 2. (Read 232 times)

Activity: 621
Merit: 108
1) You need fans with high static pressure, cfm comes second (and 130 cfm isn't high enough). Look at Deltas.  But they (original ones) are expensive and loud AF.
2) Blowing hot air out usually gives better result. Try both ways and compare.
Activity: 89
Merit: 29
Have you looked at the pictures? I guess not. Closed means closed case. So a case like a PC case and i can´t leave it open. Air is flowing from the front panel of the GPU to the outlet where the fans are installed.

And im not thinking about buying a case.. i have one and it is what it is right now. No Discussion about space between cards, i´m only asking for the direction of air flow.

Cheers Rico
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
What do you by the word 'closed' ? If there is any case on that mining rig better leave it opened for air to flow in better and also if you are thinking about buying a closed case with many fans first try separating the rx5700, they do better jobs when there is enough space or gaps between the graphic cards
Activity: 89
Merit: 29
Hi all,

currently im facing some temperature issues on my 12 GPU closed mining rig.

It is located in a hosting center and i´m mining ETH with 12x RX5700 with removed gpu fans. Normally the case fans do their job very well with gpu temp at about 55°C and Memtemp at 75°C. Actually the temps are at 75°C GPU and over 100°C at the memory.

I decided to power limit the cards until i found a solution for this. In the hosting center they installed additional fans for the whole room but with no temperature drop at my rig.

Actually there are five 120mm fans installed with around 4000rpm and 130cfm blowing the air out of the case. That means the intake side of cold air is directly on the front panel of each GPU.

I ordered allready new fans with 7500rpm and 280cfm but i´m not sure about the blowing direction.
Is it better to blow the hot air out of the case? So new cold air will be sucked trought the gpu front panel.. or would you blow the air inside the case that the hot air leaves the case trough the gpu front panels?

I will also close all remaining holes in the case with some tape, that the airflow is only trough the GPU`s.

This is the case:

Also used by RedpandaMining in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fytsIM4h-5w

Or here in a shop: https://mineshop.eu/mining-container-minebox/minebox12-all-in-one-12gpu-mining-rig-case/

Cheers Rico
Pages:
Jump to: