Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MRO Monero trading thread and OTC xchg - page 3. (Read 31547 times)

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Simple question, why make a site that a thread handles better?

There now stop trying to sound like its all sound and logical to run such exchange.

It wont last long if it continues at this rate when its only one person running and handling withdrawals manually.

its useless and only for the bounty which should not be considered for it as its just a site to LIST not exchange as it should.

Oh don't get me wrong - OTC has its place, I've done a ton of trades on #bitcoin-otc on Freenode over the last year or so. But for significant volume you need a proper exchange where you can setup buy and sell positions.

The point of an exchange is not to support rapid withdrawals, but to support rapid trades and shifting market positions. It's also important for the trade book to show cumulative positions at a rate, not individual positions (as the thread does), and for all those positions to remain anonymous (since the funds are already guaranteed by bing deposited).

To say a thread can handle it "better" misses the point - entirely - of an exchange.
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
I regeret trading on https://cryptonote.exchange.to it takes long for withdrawals and the trades are surely bullshit members.

@David dont message me again saying Im fudding MRO, its just the truth.

Worse attempts to control a coin ever. kthxbai

Wecome back

Too bad I put the coins on there for now never again until they get staff or automate withdrawals

I have a large number of open positions on the exchange, and I was literally the first deposit to clear (there were only two very small open positions on the exchange at the time). The trades are valid. Deposits are automated.

Withdrawals don't concern me if they are manual at this stage. TheKoziTwo is a known entity, and it is his exchange. Additionally, I spent a great deal of time trying to get a quick script I wrote to flush my mining wallet to my main wallet in chunks (to consolidate inputs), and I can tell you that the Bytecoin simplewallet RPC API is very borky. Documentation specifies a trailing slash on the RPC URL (incorrect), and hitting the "transfer" method comes back with a dsts.empty error from wallet2.h (when the destinations are not empty). So if the exchange is struggling with MRO automation I'm neither surprised nor worried.

If you've solved the simplewallet RPC API issues please do tell us so we can all benefit from your wisdom.

Simple question, why make a site that a thread handles better?

There now stop trying to sound like its all sound and logical to run such exchange.

It wont last long if it continues at this rate when its only one person running and handling withdrawals manually.

its useless and only for the bounty which should not be considered for it as its just a site to LIST not exchange as it should.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I regeret trading on https://cryptonote.exchange.to it takes long for withdrawals and the trades are surely bullshit members.

Wecome back

Too bad I put the coins on there for now never again until they get staff or automate withdrawals

I have a large number of open positions on the exchange, and I was literally the first deposit to clear (there were only two very small open positions on the exchange at the time). The trades are valid. Deposits are automated.

Withdrawals don't concern me if they are manual at this stage. TheKoziTwo is a known entity, and it is his exchange. Additionally, I spent a great deal of time trying to get a quick script I wrote to flush my mining wallet to my main wallet in chunks (to consolidate inputs), and I can tell you that the Bytecoin simplewallet RPC API is very borky. Documentation specifies a trailing slash on the RPC URL (incorrect), and hitting the "transfer" method comes back with a dsts.empty error from wallet2.h (when the destinations are not empty). So if the exchange is struggling with MRO automation I'm neither surprised nor worried.

If you've solved the simplewallet RPC API issues please do tell us so we can all benefit from your wisdom.

Wecome back

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Wecome back

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Yeah thanks Smoothie the godfather you can take some holidays now  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
you can remove all my sell orders. Buy orders can stay, for now Smiley
(not willing to send BTC to a new exchange at the moment...)
legendary
if the volume on the OTC is low, I will just merge the OTC data with the exchange data.
If the volume remains high on the forum, I will think of a way to represent the 2 different exchanges on the same chart Wink
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
smooth has done an amazing job, big thanks goes out to him for running this so smoothly. I'm the owner of the new exchange, created a topic here for feedback: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptonote-exchange-605326

Please cancel my orders in this thread now.
legendary
The world’s first exchange for Monero just opened!

A beta test was done in partnership with the Monero developers and the end result was very satisfying. The exchange is operational and new features will be released soon.

Inauguration bonus:
  • The first 10 first users will be credited 10 MRO each.
  • The 10 first depositers will be credited 20 MRO.
  • Beta testers will receive a little surprise in their account after they sign up again.
(forum thread pending)

This exchange doesn't invalidate the OTC thread. The OTC thread is still open and the price chart will still be update for the time being.

I definitely encourage people to switch over to the exchange but I will continue to maintain this thread and perform escrow on p2p trades for as long as there is interest. 

EDIT: This does not constitute an endorsement of the reliability of the honesty of the exchange, as I have no information. My encouragement is entirely self-motivasted as I would like to get back to having a life after running this thread (and the BCN thread, though that was has been much less work) for a few weeks.

LOL Cheesy
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I definitely encourage people to switch over to the exchange but I will continue to maintain this thread and perform escrow on p2p trades for as long as there is interest. 

EDIT: This does not constitute an endorsement of the reliability of the honesty of the exchange, as I have no information. My encouragement is entirely self-motivated as I would like to get back to having a life after running this thread (and the BCN thread, though that was has been much less work) for a few weeks.
I added this " but you are encouraged to switch to the exchange - nevertheless, remember this exchange is not and "official monero exchange" or an exchange the monero team has control over. Caveat emptor and all that."
legendary

A beta test was done in partnership with the Monero developers and the end result was very satisfying. The exchange is operational and new features will be released soon.

Inauguration bonus:
  • Beta testers will receive a little surprise in their account after they sign up again.
(forum thread pending)

This exchange doesn't invalidate the OTC thread. The OTC thread is still open and the price chart will still be update for the time being.

EDIT: This does not constitute an endorsement of the reliability of the honesty of the exchange, as I have no information. My encouragement is entirely self-motivasted as I would like to get back to having a life after running this thread (and the BCN thread, though that was has been much less work) for a few weeks.

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

Inauguration bonus:
(forum thread pending)

This exchange doesn't invalidate the OTC thread. The OTC thread is still open and the price chart will still be updated for the time being but you are encouraged to switch to the exchange - nevertheless, remember this exchange is not and "official monero exchange" or an exchange the monero team has control over. Caveat emptor and all that.
legendary
Activity: 1036
The advantage of free market, no fucking whales
Just a local mafia  Roll Eyes
legendary
Just got back and I have several updates to make to the outstanding orders and a few trade requests received via PM. It will be a little while before I can catch up on everything. Stand by.

will update the chart when it's done Wink
legendary
Just got back and I have several updates to make to the outstanding orders and a few trade requests received via PM. It will be a little while before I can catch up on everything. Stand by.
Activity: 798
An exchange is underway and being tested that everyone will enjoy. Its a brand new coin it doesn't need to be listed straight away on mint pal et al.
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
Why this coin have to trade like this ..Maybe It's a coin with innovate..but i wish it can trade on exchange like mintpal or Bittrex

Because it is all new code, not a bitcoin clone. So not easy to add to exchanges like most other clone coins. They will do it eventually but it takes time.

mintpal won't be adding it any time soon, that's for sure. Their infrastructure & API is designed to interact with standard bitcoin like coindaemons, and they aren't in a rush to put in extra work implementing anything which deviates from the norm and would also require further auditing to integrate, as they are making money comfortably with their current setup.

Hi,

0.001150 / 5000 / 5.75 / contact OP

Wishing to buy 5000 MRO from escrow. Please message me with BTC address and total amount to send.

I think you made typo. unless you really want to pay that much.
legendary
Why this coin have to trade like this ..Maybe It's a coin with innovate..but i wish it can trade on exchange like mintpal or Bittrex

Because it is all new code, not a bitcoin clone. So not easy to add to exchanges like most other clone coins. They will do it eventually but it takes time.

Pages:
Jump to: