Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Ninja Group Buy #6 9TH 28nm Hosted - 250GH for 1.666btc [0/40] - page 5. (Read 12038 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
So what would happen to the Neptune kickers for Group 1,2,3 if I decided to trade in Group 1, 2, and 3 shares to Group 6?

Been thinking about this upgrade. What's been difficult for me would be the Neptune kicker in the Group Buys 1, 2, and 3. The Neptune adds another 50% to the hashing if and when it does come out. Kind of puts me on the fence.

Seems like the trend now for miners are to have an efficiency of 1w/gh. I'm guessing the Neptune will acheive that or better? If not it wouldn't be competitive and the choice is made.

Let's say that I take the option of after 90 days of hosting to take posession of the S1 or have it sold. Would i still be getting the 100gh of the Neptune or do i forfeit that? I'm thinking that the hosting cost would not go negative yet, just exercising the option.

I'm not sure about GB#1 as the Neptune hosting cost is inclusive but for GB 2 and 3 the Neptune comes as a separate cost.

Thank you.

I would expect the Neptune to perform at at least 1w/gh or better, and wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being 4+TH total; but it could very well be May or June before Group 2 and 3 get their machines. As long as you have met your obligations (either by remaining a hosting customer, or taking physical possession) you will receive your hashes from the Neptune (on group 2-3 only, group 1 is different as the neptune is a bonus for hosting customers only).

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Been thinking about this upgrade. What's been difficult for me would be the Neptune kicker in the Group Buys 1, 2, and 3. The Neptune adds another 50% to the hashing if and when it does come out. Kind of puts me on the fence.

Seems like the trend now for miners are to have an efficiency of 1w/gh. I'm guessing the Neptune will acheive that or better? If not it wouldn't be competitive and the choice is made.

Let's say that I take the option of after 90 days of hosting to take posession of the S1 or have it sold. Would i still be getting the 100gh of the Neptune or do i forfeit that? I'm thinking that the hosting cost would not go negative yet, just exercising the option.

I'm not sure about GB#1 as the Neptune hosting cost is inclusive but for GB 2 and 3 the Neptune comes as a separate cost.

Thank you.

I would expect the Neptune to perform at at least 1w/gh or better, and wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being 4+TH total; but it could very well be May or June before Group 2 and 3 get their machines. As long as you have met your obligations (either by remaining a hosting customer, or taking physical possession) you will receive your hashes from the Neptune (on group 2-3 only, group 1 is different as the neptune is a bonus for hosting customers only).

sf2
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
Looks interesting. So even if you trade in all of ones shares now there will be no loss of weekly income?

Any reason why the hosting obligation is 6 months vice 3 months with the Antminers?

We are trying to make it as painless as possible for members to upgrade to this new, more power efficient hardware so that we can start liquidating the antminers before they become unprofitable to run (the power rates in a top tier data center aren't exactly cheap).  So thats right no loss of weekly income...

We expect this generation of hardware to be profitable to run for at least 12 months; so the 6 month obligation gives us some stability on the space.  Of course INTEL could come up with a 14nm 3D bitcoin ASIC and destroy the market, but I think thats fairly unlikely.
sf2
Activity: 273
I assume you won't upgrade the shares until you are up and running with this GB, correct?

The upgrade will be processed when we go live. When Group #6 has it's first payout, you will stop getting payouts on the traded-in shares. The trade-in is above market value for the Antminers (as the shares have more value than just the hardware, naturally).

Given the complexity of upgrades and discounts, I'm not looking forward to doing the accounting work that week; fortunately there aren't that many shares this time around.

We're going to be out on Spring Break next week, so please bear with us on timely responses to PM's.  If there are any Ninja owners out in San Diego, I'd love to meetup and grab a beer.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
I assume you won't upgrade the shares until you are up and running with this GB, correct?
MWNinja please confirm the following calculations:

4 x 1.646 - 10 (GB#3) x 0.12 = 5.384  BTC is the amount I need to transfer to have in possession one piece of 1THs machine.

Since I haven't used my right from GB#3 shares to claim shares in GB#5, this qualifies me for 4 x 6 = 24 more GB#5 shares (if there will be any more offered).

Also, do you have any experience / knowledge about this equipment ? I'm much more afraid of reliability issues than about possible delay or non-delivery. Will they run 24/7 without any problems?

Your math looks good. 

As far as reliability is concerned, there isn't much history on these machines yet.  The ones that have been running (mainly in china) have been very stable and reliable (as far as google translate can tell). Running them in a dust-free datacenter with conditioned power eliminates many of the common causes of hardware failure and should help in keeping the maximum uptime.

We'll have another "bonus" group buy once the rack-mounted gridseed devices become available.  It was too much labor to deal with the round 5-chip USB miners, and their reliability and uptime is suspect at best.
Activity: 299
MWNinja please confirm the following calculations:

4 x 1.646 - 10 (GB#3) x 0.12 = 5.384  BTC is the amount I need to transfer to have in possession one piece of 1THs machine.

Since I haven't used my right from GB#3 shares to claim shares in GB#5, this qualifies me for 4 x 6 = 24 more GB#5 shares (if there will be any more offered).

Also, do you have any experience / knowledge about this equipment ? I'm much more afraid of reliability issues than about possible delay or non-delivery. Will they run 24/7 without any problems?

OK Ninja. Let's hope we get to 750 in the next month!

.926BTC sent to upgrade 6 shares from GB4.

https://blockchain.info/tx/461ae42881b94e9146d43e60424e78a1d71b7f1ad309c187fcd9603a47270307
You can trade your GB #4 shares in; 1 share of group #6 qualifies as 6 shares for sake of of Group Buy #5 hosting.  To avoid paying any additional hosting on group #5 I would recommend only trading in 6 of your group #4 shares.

Confused yet?  I know I am.

It wouldn't make any sense to trade in your group #5 shares (not yet at least).

I'm interested in trade in.

I have 8 shares in GB 4 and 5 each.

How would this work/is this possible if I wanted to trade in all shares?

Yeah I don't want to trade in any gb 5...so if I understand correctly I can trade 6Xgb 4 shares for 1Xgb 6 share, keeping 2 in gb 4?

Comes out to .926btc =  1.646 - (6 * .12) if my math is right. And you'll be covered for your group 5 shares.

A ha, I see. I was about to jump on this because I thought it was only (6*.12). Didn't realize that this would need to be applied against 1.646btc. Nevertheless, for equivalent hashing, it's about half the hosting fees. So I pay a premium of .926btc for half the hosting costs given equivalency between hashes. Thinking about it...

If payouts average .15 per share for this over the next two months, it'll take me six weeks to make back the premium, but then lower hosting thereafter. This draws out my ROI by six weeks, but I'm more protected from low BTC value against hosting fees should BTC value go down.

Hmmm...I just hate the idea of drawing myself out further.

I think you are missing the fact that these shares are 250GH, you would be trading in shares that roughly total 120GH; so not only do you save on the hosting but you are doubling your hashrate.

I did attempt an apples to apples comparison (by adding theoretical 5 shares to 8 to get to ~260Ghsh), but overstated the equivalency. My starting point is 6 rather than 8 you are right.

I'm saying if I got to 12 shares in GB4, this would get me to an equivalent hashing rate in this GB. That's $179.88 as compared to 99.00 for this GB6.

But yes, I am doubling hashrate too...but for .926 BTC.

If there's an average return of .18BTC for each share in GB6, it'll still take 5 weeks to get to the same spot I'm in now with respect to ROI, but thereafter, yes, I would have a more accelerated return. The question is always one of difficulty, and in five weeks it could go up a lot, thereby negating gains of accelerated return. I do see the price of BTC rising, though, to negate hosting.

Sorry for thinking out loud, but just on the fence I guess with drawing out my ROI any further despite gains in acceleration of return.

You can trade your GB #4 shares in; 1 share of group #6 qualifies as 6 shares for sake of of Group Buy #5 hosting.  To avoid paying any additional hosting on group #5 I would recommend only trading in 6 of your group #4 shares.

Yeah I don't want to trade in any gb 5...so if I understand correctly I can trade 6Xgb 4 shares for 1Xgb 6 share, keeping 2 in gb 4?

Comes out to .926btc =  1.646 - (6 * .12) if my math is right. And you'll be covered for your group 5 shares.

A ha, I see. I was about to jump on this because I thought it was only (6*.12). Didn't realize that this would need to be applied against 1.646btc. Nevertheless, for equivalent hashing, it's about half the hosting fees. So I pay a premium of .926btc for half the hosting costs given equivalency between hashes. Thinking about it...

If payouts average .15 per share for this over the next two months, it'll take me six weeks to make back the premium, but then lower hosting thereafter. This draws out my ROI by six weeks, but I'm more protected from low BTC value against hosting fees should BTC value go down.

I think you are missing the fact that these shares are 250GH, you would be trading in shares that roughly total 120GH; so not only do you save on the hosting but you are doubling your hashrate.

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Couldn't you post this before I spent all my coins?

Guess I have to wait and hopefully there will still be a spot for me  Undecided

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
1 share, thanks:

7d5aca75f6975fe34ae629765b70b0f30da563a7fdab6f7efd804a72aeec1a36

edt:

payout address:
1A6BXaKWnaCgggTq3PjxeybEKQTybqmanY
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Offer updated, much higher hashrate, lower hosting fee.... and fewer shares available. 

sure ?
Pages:
Jump to: