Pages:
Author

Topic: [Closed] - Review the PrivCoin.io mixer and earn some free coins! - page 2. (Read 2260 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
trying it out right now and waiting for the result then update it as it was completed
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
8: 24 AM I sent bitcoin 0.010409
8: 38 AM The sent bitcoin got a confirmation and this message was displayed :

Code:
Total BTC received and confirmed: 0.01. This amount will be forwarded shortly minus fees and delays. You are permitted to send more.

9: 00 Bitcoin received 0.0088675 .

Personal fee was set to 1.325 % .
 I downloaded the signed mesaage as well. I sent through a P2PKH address and here is what I experienced :

Speed : Awesome, got confirmed quickly .
Accuracy : Perfect , no issues .
User experience : Very nice ! I specially used my cell phone to test this service. I refreshed that webpage multiple times and everything was fine .
Design : The website possesses a cool design which is easy to understand for a noob.

I had put the same forwarding address from which I had sent my bitcoin.

Now waiting for op to send 20 $ btc.
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
Hey! I would like to review your service, however your minimum limits are kind of high. Could you possibly reduce the mix amount for litecoin at least temporary to something like 0.01?
I don't understand why the litecoin minimum limit would be so high, because the fees on the litecoin network are close to zero.

Litecoin minimum reduced to 0.1.

Thanks! So i did now mix some litecoin, and got the "Total LTC received: xxxxxxx. Awaiting 5 confirmations before we forward the coins." almost instantly. I think that on the deposit page, you should make the text that lists the fees, maybe a little bit more bold and bigger so it is more obvious, now it just kinds of hides on the site and is hard to notice. Also would be great to get some kind of confirmation on the page, that the coins have been sent. I like the fact how you can download the "Letter of guarantee" to see that you are not on a wrong site. After 5 confirmations LTC was almost instantly received. I will be using this as a mixing service if i ever need to mix any coins.

Edit: Payment received! Thanks alot!
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
Thanks for the thoughts. We are already converting the transaction creator to accept both GET and POST requests. The default UI will of course be POST to address your security concerns.

Sounds good, nice to see you are ontop of things.

Thanks for the thoughts. We are already converting the transaction creator to accept both GET and POST requests. The default UI will of course be POST to address your security concerns.

With respect to the fees, we have an entire page dedicated to explaining them here https://www.privcoin.io/fees/

If you think we must make it more clear without adding clutter could you specify where we could accomplish that?

I usually assume the mixer shows the fees as I mix, so my thought process after going to your home page was to pick a coin like it asks. Maybe you could add it here, and edit the tooltip to explain the extra fee? Might be just me that does that though.

Hey! I would like to review your service, however your minimum limits are kind of high. Could you possibly reduce the mix amount for litecoin at least temporary to something like 0.01?
I don't understand why the litecoin minimum limit would be so high, because the fees on the litecoin network are close to zero.

Maybe because litecoin is worth only ~0.013BTC and there isn't a lot of point in mixing $5.
Activity: 356
Merit: 113

Litecoin minimum reduced to 0.1.
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
Just used PrivCoin's mixing service. Honestly, I would have loved it if the question marks popped out tooltips describing terms like forwarding address (does this mean my address to which I want to mixed coin sent to?). But overall, excellent service, the transaction registered immediately and I got back my mixed ETH almost instantly (I sent 0.1 ETH). Great job to the PrivCoin team! Look forward to using this more in the future.

Thanks for pointing that out. If you visit the website you'll find that a fix has been deployed and the tooltips work! Your payment will be along shortly!

Okay, I tried it out after they fixed sending to segwit/P2SH addresses and had a good experience. The website was simple and self explanatory, and I liked how it kept you updated as you waited for coins. I don't like how you don't state the extra 0.001BTC fee per forward address on the page where you add addresses, possibly causing people to be surprised. (it was shown on the page where you are asked to send funds) I also don't like how there's a URL that shows what percentage of deposits goes to where and the fee, since it would be logged into the history. I get the whole API thing, but maybe make it optional?

Pretty good otherwise.

Sent him a message. Still no response . I do not think I would recommend anyonethis mixer and I have no idea what kind of trust op is talking about as we are the one risking. He must be talking about the 'honesty' with the reviews. Anyways, I got disappointed .

TIL that people can sleep and don't provide support for their small service 24/7.

With respect to the fees, we have an entire page dedicated to explaining them here https://www.privcoin.io/fees/

If you think we must make it more clear without adding clutter could you specify where we could accomplish that?

Sent him a message. Still no response . I do not think I would recommend anyonethis mixer and I have no idea what kind of trust op is talking about as we are the one risking. He must be talking about the 'honesty' with the reviews. Anyways, I got disappointed .

"He"?? Sad.

For those reading, here is our exchange. I did not reply in time it seems!

Let me know if I am eligible for reviewing your mixer

Even though you have -2 trust and insulted us on the forum post despite not even using our service, we don't discriminate in our selection for reviewers and you may proceed as long as you abide by the terms in the first post. We should not be having any contact prior to your review to prevent bias.
legendary
Okay, I tried it out after they fixed sending to segwit/P2SH addresses and had a good experience. The website was simple and self explanatory, and I liked how it kept you updated as you waited for coins. I don't like how you don't state the extra 0.001BTC fee per forward address on the page where you add addresses, possibly causing people to be surprised. (it was shown on the page where you are asked to send funds) I also don't like how there's a URL that shows what percentage of deposits goes to where and the fee, since it would be logged into the history. I get the whole API thing, but maybe make it optional?

Pretty good otherwise.

Edit: Got my coins (had slow confirmations) and the $20 promised. Thanks!

TIL that people can sleep and don't provide support for their small service 24/7.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Just used PrivCoin's mixing service. Honestly, I would have loved it if the question marks popped out tooltips describing terms like forwarding address (does this mean my address to which I want to mixed coin sent to?). But overall, EXCELLENT service, the transaction registered immediately and I got back my mixed ETH almost instantly (I sent 0.1 ETH). I also love the simple interface and downloadable letter of guarantee. Satisfied customer here.

Great job to the PrivCoin team! Look forward to using this more in the future.

EDIT: Got paid $20 as promised. Solid service.
I just used your mixer for the first time.  i chose to mix 0.1 ETH for testing purposes.

The site is very quick and responsive, simple minimalistic design. Not too much or too little, i perceive a good balance. literally immediately after depositing the site updated to: total ETH received and confirmed: 0.1. This amount will be forwarded shortly minus fees and delays. You are permitted to send more.

Right after that I received my mixed coins. very smooth I have to say (top user experience).

what i particularly liked is the Letter of Guarantee function.

I hope it stays like this because if you can keep up this performance despite a high load this service could become very popular.

I bookmarked the site

Thanks! We know what it's like to mix coins and not have instant feedback about what's going on. For that reason each step of the way the site will provide an update to the user.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I just used your mixer for the first time.  i chose to mix 0.1 ETH for testing purposes.

The site is very quick and responsive, simple minimalistic design. Not too much or too little, i perceive a good balance. literally immediately after depositing the site updated to: total ETH received and confirmed: 0.1. This amount will be forwarded shortly minus fees and delays. You are permitted to send more.

Right after that I received my mixed coins. very smooth I have to say (top user experience).

what i particularly liked is the Letter of Guarantee function.

I hope it stays like this because if you can keep up this performance despite a high load this service could become very popular.

I bookmarked the site

Update: I got paid for my review promptly. tHANKS!
Accuracy : perfect (got exactly the amount which I was supposted to get)
Speed : waited for 8 confirmation which only took 3-4 minutes, really fast confirmation on deposit and fast mixing.
User experience : Very happy and whenever I want to mix my coins in future, I will use privcoin
Site design : Good an very clear. Also its relaxing to know you guys also have separate onion url for privacy.

Multicoin mixer is really innovative idea. Thanks for coming up with this mixer...

Have sent privcoin a pm with payment details for $20, waiting to get paid for review.

Thanks! Payment will be along shortly.

Minor bugs fixed due to this thread are:

1) Fixed Multisig validation for addresses on Litecoin, Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.
2) Fixed a small miscalculation in Ethereum output which always benefited the user and reduced our fee slightly.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Accuracy : perfect (got exactly the amount which I was supposted to get)
Speed : waited for 8 confirmation which only took 3-4 minutes, really fast confirmation on deposit and fast mixing.
User experience : Very happy and whenever I want to mix my coins in future, I will use privcoin
Site design : Good an very clear. Also its relaxing to know you guys also have separate onion url for privacy.

Multicoin mixer is really innovative idea. Thanks for coming up with this mixer...

GOT PAID $20 in ETH, thanks privcoin...
I tried to test it so I could leave a review but it seems like it's not accepting segwit addresses (or P2SH addresses), or it's cutting off the address for some reason. I put in the address 3NSvhvYYBMVh1bPyKWjPfyiF3RHAAgsgtw which is a valid segwit address, and after I click the mix button, it redirects to this URL: (which btw is kinda a bad idea as it is logged in your browser history where the funds will go and the exact fee amount)

It then errors to this URL:

Code:
https://www.privcoin.io/bitcoin/?error=Invalid%20Address:%203NSvhvYYBMVh1bPyKWjPfyiF3RHAAgsgtw

and displays this error:

We chop the error message intentionally but I extended it a little bit. As for Segwit, we fixed it earlier for Litecoin and will try to fix the validator for Bitcoin/cash asap. For now please use a regular Bitcoin address if possible.

We may change the transaction creation URL to POST but the intention is to allow users to create an API based on that end point.
legendary
I tried to test it so I could leave a review but it seems like it's not accepting segwit addresses (or P2SH addresses), or it's cutting off the address for some reason. I put in the address 3NSvhvYYBMVh1bPyKWjPfyiF3RHAAgsgtw which is a valid segwit address, and after I click the mix button, it redirects to this URL: (which btw is kinda a bad idea as it is logged in your browser history where the funds will go and the exact fee amount)

Code:
https://www.privcoin.io/bitcoin/createtransaction/?addr1=3NSvhvYYBMVh1bPyKWjPfyiF3RHAAgsgtw&pr1=&fee=1.6758

It then errors to this URL:

Code:
https://www.privcoin.io/bitcoin/?error=Invalid%20Address:%203NSvhvYYBMVh1bPyKWjPfyiF3RHAAgsgtw

and displays this error:

Activity: 762
Merit: 500
Posting here that I'm going to test it, then will edit to write the full review!
The hour delay starts from transaction creation time not payment time. You created the transaction 50 minutes before you sent the bitcoins so 10 minutes later, the hour is up. Thanks for testing your payment will be along shortly.

Everyone else who has already been paid please post your review to help us out. Many people have been paid but aren't posting Sad. We will pay after the review is posted from now on. Thanks!
Got it! So, the delay is always set at a fixed time or does it work like "up to X hours"? If it's set at the specific time, consider this as a suggestion. E.g: Let the user choose if he wants to get his coins after exact 2 hour or at a random time from 1 to 2 hours.

I also confirm that I got the $20 payment for my review!

Delay is X hours from the transaction creation time. The back end actually functions in minutes but there's no way for the user to specify minutes granularity yet. Thanks for the review Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
The hour delay starts from transaction creation time not payment time. You created the transaction 50 minutes before you sent the bitcoins so 10 minutes later, the hour is up. Thanks for testing your payment will be along shortly.

Everyone else who has already been paid please post your review to help us out. Many people have been paid but aren't posting Sad. We will pay after the review is posted from now on. Thanks!
Got it! So, the delay is always set at a fixed time or does it work like "up to X hours"? If it's set at the specific time, consider this as a suggestion. E.g: Let the user choose if he wants to get his coins after exact 2 hour or at a random time from 1 to 2 hours.

I also confirm that I got the $20 payment for my review!
I have tried your mixer with the following options:

• 50% to 1 forward address with a delay of 60 minutes.
  • 50% to 1 forward address with a delay of 0 minutes.

After waiting for 1 confirmation, I received the first 50% to my first address almost instantly. I will update this post when I receive the second half in up to 1 hour.

The website is clean and everything seems to run smoothly. Some details resemble the old BitMixer, such as the whole step 2 of the mixing proccess and the "Exact Value & Fee Calculator" tool, which was present in the old mixer, but it's very useful if you choose to mix to multiple forward addresses.

Edit: I confirm that I received the second half after 10 minutes.

Activity: 490
Merit: 278
i will check this service soon.
Pages:
Jump to: