Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED]R16x: 2 KnC Jupiters, $125 = 11GH/s. Nov. + DZ MC Bonuses - page 2. (Read 7757 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100
So shipping is delayed but they upped the GHZ.
Not great news at all! Yes GH/s has been raised to 650, but we will be in a new difficulty period by the time it ships.  Some have estimated a new difficulty of 605, which would be roughly a wash if the GH/s is 650 (vs the current 510,900,000 and 550 GH/s).

Is the Coop going to redistribute the additional 100GH/s across all shares resulting in 13GH/s per share?

Sort of feels like the old saying "The faster I go, the behinder I get"

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
So shipping is delayed but they upped the GHZ.
Activity: 546
Activity: 252

bought 60 shares - order #640

As others I was looking to buy a fews shares, but the big wallet guy took all Sad

As a solution, why not a R17-R18 for big investors (eg1250$ share unit X 5):

-meets all investors needs.
-simplify booking and vote system.

Could be good to add a "wait list" to show the total needs of investors, then you place the order when you reach the amonut of the unit ...

This would be something we can do, if KNC wasn't sold out and or we can get our hands on chips.

I like the idea of a bigger share price
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Update about shares? I wrote pm, but i have no response.

Have a nice day.
Everyone has been super slammed this week, so either Thomas or DZ will get back to you, dont worry.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Update about shares? I wrote pm, but i have no response.

Have a nice day.
Activity: 966
Merit: 502
Hey DZ,

I am looking forward to joining the co-op as soon as you finish the vetting process with me (I sent you a PM with some of the requested information.) Just so everyone else knows what I have to bring to the table, I have a total of 5 Cointerra Terraminer IVs on preorder (thats a total of 10TH/s.) This order is #625 in the December order que so it will be amongst the first orders shipped from Cointerra. Not sure how we will work out the details on how shares can be split since my investment model is somewhat different than the ordinary GB. My companies focus is on rapid re-investment rather than straight payouts. Essentially the company will take care of the future purchasing of hardware based on the given returns, this will give the advantage of leveraging buying power to get higher hashing rates at better prices.

Hope to here from you soon DZ,

Later!

[EDIT: Thought I would add this so we have a good perspective on the potential returns for the 5 Terraminer IV's]
With Bitcoins exchange value being even higher than yesterday, these miners are looking better and better! We should take advantage of Bitcoins current price before it falls below $400/BTC.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

As others I was looking to buy a fews shares, but the big wallet guy took all Sad

As a solution, why not a R17-R18 for big investors (eg1250$ share unit X 5):

-meets all investors needs.
-simplify booking and vote system.

Could be good to add a "wait list" to show the total needs of investors, then you place the order when you reach the amonut of the unit ...

This would be something we can do, if KNC wasn't sold out and or we can get our hands on chips.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

yeah baby!

I so can't wait till dividend day. 

LOL, how many coins do you get each dividend day?

I think I will need to wait 1 more payout cycle unless the numbers are much better than I expect. But soon, very soon, I shall have my first ever FULL bitcoin to call my precious. I think I will be about .93 after this cycle, so one more to go
LOL

I think 19 shares of r5+r6 will be 1.4 or more and 11 shares of r9+r10+r11+r12 will be around .88   so maybe 2 coins.

If price holds and I sell them for 800 usd, I think I am even for  all the above shares in USD terms.
These 400 usd  coin prices have made my remaining block eruptors  sell at high prices on ebay.  All in all OCT and NOV have been good to me. (in the world of BTC)
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Just to make sure. You did not, perchance, make any room to facilitate reservations made in R15 thread?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3548703
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3553134

mrm0
Activity: 364
Also, with all this talk about the Round selling out too fast, I forgot to mention that this Round has set a new forum record as far as selling out an Industrial Class rig.

The previous record was a 12 hour sellout of a $12K HF Sierra that Thomas & I held. I'd have to check records with Thomas but it appears that R16A and R16B has sold out in 6-7 hours!

Congrats Thomas and bobsag3!
Activity: 364
While I sympathize as I have shares spread across multiple GBs, if someone has the money it's their perogative.  I would have bought more in R16, but oh well.
Oh oh, don't get me wrong, I am not a communist trying to say what people can do with their money Cheesy He could just buy Jupiter out right and get it delivered and manage, etc. himself. He may or may not be successful, because it's apparent that getting it ACTUALLY done is NOT EASY due to many factors. GB is an EASY way of getting into this game.

As I read the "About Us" on dzminercoop website, the idea was to put bitcoin mining equipment in the hands of many at or below cost. These guys are crazy (in a good way). With one person buying majority of shares, this becomes moot. Schwede65 can hire them to manage their money, but that would be a different idea as compared to the stated goals of the cooperative. Schwede65 did absolutely nothing wrong. The question is what DZ and thomas_s and the rest of the guys in this endeavor want to do.

Yes, keeping an ASIC rig up and running, is not as simple as it sounds, as we all saw/heard from the R9-13 Black Arrow Bullet Run we hosted. We started this co-op to not only make it affordable but also easy for the non-technically inclined or for those that don't want to deal with: the noise, cooling and power requirements, and troubleshooting that miners *will* require sooner rather than later.

Yes, we're a bit crazy offering the prices we do but this co-op was founded of the concept of giving as many people as possible, access to Institutional Pricing.

I hear your concerns about too much voting power residing with one buyer. FWIW: I control about a quarter of R1, a Baby Jet, and Thomas owns half of R3, a Sierra.

We could possibly set up something like this but to be honest: with the tools we have at the moment, it would have to be a gentleman's agreement, because even with IP tracking: which could easily be defeated by using a proxy or a different internet access point, and order tracking: which would be defeated by just entering fake data and a different wallet address, it still may not fix the issue. In other words: this is not a simple or easy thing to try to implement for an "amateur" co-operative.

Going forward: I'll discuss a 33% hard cap on a mining rig for any one co-op member in one Round. I can't promise anything, and we determine things together, but I will bring this up at our next board meeting, which is likely tomorrow as I'm meeting a forum/co-op member this afternoon for Kauai's first Bitcoin meetup (all 2 of us).  Cheesy
Activity: 169

yeah baby!

LOL, how many coins do you get each dividend day?

I think I will need to wait 1 more payout cycle unless the numbers are much better than I expect. But soon, very soon, I shall have my first ever FULL bitcoin to call my precious. I think I will be about .93 after this cycle, so one more to go
LOL
legendary
well I have 19 shares from r5+r6.    I have  11 shares from r9-r12  .

so I have about   200gh in hash running as I type.

If someone can buy 600gh-660gh   out of the 1100gh it is too much.  but just for 1 reason.   that person would have the vote won at all times.  after all they would have 60% of the 100 shares.

So if they said  I want to sell the miner  lets call a vote would  not they always win the vote?  

I can't blame the guy for buying the shares. ,  but I would think a 25% limit or a 33% limit  would be a good idea in the future for any one round.

THis  does not mean you can't have 1000gh or even 2000gh across 5 or 6 rounds.  just not more then 25-33% of any one round.

Myself I am staying back a bit from buying I need to collect a few coins then sell them before I buy again.

I think 25 or 33% is too high. That still means 3 or 4 people can completely buy out a round leaving nothing for the "little guys". I would suggest 10% per round as fair, that means no less than 10 people and probably closer to 20 on average per round. Thats a co-op effort. 3 or 4 people thats still a monopoly.

I guess 10-20 range works.  for sure not 60%  or unlimited.

if you want that type of 50%  or more deal just send pm's and ask them to buy and host.  BTW  close to 400 usd a coin at coinbase!!

https://coinbase.com/charts 

yeah baby!

Activity: 169
well I have 19 shares from r5+r6.    I have  11 shares from r9-r12  .

so I have about   200gh in hash running as I type.

If someone can buy 600gh-660gh   out of the 1100gh it is too much.  but just for 1 reason.   that person would have the vote won at all times.  after all they would have 60% of the 100 shares.

So if they said  I want to sell the miner  lets call a vote would  not they always win the vote?   

I can't blame the guy for buying the shares. ,  but I would think a 25% limit or a 33% limit  would be a good idea in the future for any one round.

THis  does not mean you can't have 1000gh or even 2000gh across 5 or 6 rounds.  just not more then 25-33% of any one round.

Myself I am staying back a bit from buying I need to collect a few coins then sell them before I buy again.

I think 25 or 33% is too high. That still means 3 or 4 people can completely buy out a round leaving nothing for the "little guys". I would suggest 10% per round as fair, that means no less than 10 people and probably closer to 20 on average per round. Thats a co-op effort. 3 or 4 people thats still a monopoly.
legendary
 well I have 19 shares from r5+r6.    I have  11 shares from r9-r12  .

so I have about   200gh in hash running as I type.

If someone can buy 600gh-660gh   out of the 1100gh it is too much.  but just for 1 reason.   that person would have the vote won at all times.  after all they would have 60% of the 100 shares.

So if they said  I want to sell the miner  lets call a vote would  not they always win the vote?   

I can't blame the guy for buying the shares. ,  but I would think a 25% limit or a 33% limit  would be a good idea in the future for any one round.

THis  does not mean you can't have 1000gh or even 2000gh across 5 or 6 rounds.  just not more then 25-33% of any one round.

Activity: 280
While I sympathize as I have shares spread across multiple GBs, if someone has the money it's their perogative.  I would have bought more in R16, but oh well.
Oh oh, don't get me wrong, I am not a communist trying to say what people can do with their money Cheesy He could just buy Jupiter out right and get it delivered and manage, etc. himself. He may or may not be successful, because it's apparent that getting it ACTUALLY done is NOT EASY due to many factors. GB is an EASY way of getting into this game.

As I read the "About Us" on dzminercoop website, the idea was to put bitcoin mining equipment in the hands of many at or below cost. These guys are crazy (in a good way). With one person buying majority of shares, this becomes moot. Schwede65 can hire them to manage their money, but that would be a different idea as compared to the stated goals of the cooperative. Schwede65 did absolutely nothing wrong. The question is what DZ and thomas_s and the rest of the guys in this endeavor want to do.
Activity: 448
While I sympathize as I have shares spread across multiple GBs, if someone has the money it's their perogative.  I would have bought more in R16, but oh well.
Activity: 280

thanks for this possibility Smiley
I know a few people were trying to enter with 2-4 shares on next round, me included. I wake up and the "possibility" is gone. Thomas_s, could please give small players a chance to enter cooperative by limiting number of shares in one hands over some initial period? Thanks.

Edit: what I really liked and appreciated about this democratic cooperative was that many people had a chance to join bitcoin movement. I have no doubt that you can outright buy all 100 shares. This will make this neither democratic nor cooperative. It will be just a few guys working for one guy making him rich.
Pages:
Jump to: