Pages:
Author

Topic: [Closing: Last Call] Accepting BTC and LTC for surplus technology - page 4. (Read 9070 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Got any window motors? Jaguar controllers? Spike relays?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I need NEMA 17 stepper motors if you have them.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I'm sorry, I'll have to pass - really just need standard rackmountable compact panel. Thanks for looking tho.

I think if you could get a mtgox 'buy with bitcoin' button on the web site you'd sell lots of stuff.

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata

Not to say that there aren't strange things in the way stuff is priced. Use the prices on the page as a rule of thumb, I have the authority to sell things at whatever prices I see fit so if something isn't appropriate I'll adjust it. eg: I'd sell you one of those, working, for 7btc.  Wink

Nice to hear that, I will definitely buy stuff if that is the case then. Can we PM here you or make the order on site?

PM here, post in this thread. The site won't allow you to pay btc, and I don't plan on automating any kind of BTC processing in the future. I like being able to make a judgment call on each item for now until I feel more comfortable with the ins and outs of using BTC.

There are tons of things that aren't on the site as well, and I think it might even help with 'trust issues' if I make a quick tour through our facility. What do you think?

Totally agree with you. Take your time with BTC and build up your trust from the base up. Make it a digital tour, yeah.
Will keep in touch and good luck with your venture  Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Not to say that there aren't strange things in the way stuff is priced. Use the prices on the page as a rule of thumb, I have the authority to sell things at whatever prices I see fit so if something isn't appropriate I'll adjust it. eg: I'd sell you one of those, working, for 7btc.  Wink

Nice to hear that, I will definitely buy stuff if that is the case then. Can we PM here you or make the order on site?

PM here, post in this thread. The site won't allow you to pay btc, and I don't plan on automating any kind of BTC processing in the future. I like being able to make a judgment call on each item for now until I feel more comfortable with the ins and outs of using BTC.

There are tons of things that aren't on the site as well, and I think it might even help with 'trust issues' if I make a quick tour through our facility. What do you think?
legendary

Nice to hear that, I will definitely buy stuff if that is the case then. Can we PM you here or make the order on site?
Great service and welcome. I think I could use some stuff you have there, but the fiat prices are a bit higher than I was expecting.

Prices are high on some things, sure. I am willing to negotiate on almost any of it, and am VERY willing to negotiate for larger orders. List what you like and see if I can come up with a price you can handle.

edit: Your example is perfect, the price working and nonworking is the same. Many surplus buyers purchase items specifically to repair something they already have, usually taking parts from the surplus replacement. There are multiple parts inside both of those units worth 60-120ish USD each, it being functional is somewhat besides the point. Those cash registers are the exact same make and model that McDonalds uses in some stores.

Not to say that there aren't strange things in the way stuff is priced. Use the prices on the page as a rule of thumb, I have the authority to sell things at whatever prices I see fit so if something isn't appropriate I'll adjust it. eg: I'd sell you one of those, working, for 7btc.  Wink
legendary
Great service and welcome. I think I could use some stuff you have there, but the fiat prices are a bit higher than I was expecting.

Edit:

Just found some similar items have the same price even if one works and the other doesn't.

Example:

Panasonic POS Touch Screen Cash Register JS-170FR
http://www.kpsurplus.com/buy/panasonic_pos_touch_screen_cash_register_js_170fr/82586

Panasonic JS-170FR Touch Screen Cash Register POS
http://www.kpsurplus.com/buy/panasonic_js_170fr_touch_screen_cash_register_pos/82566

Do you guys price all your items according to a standard or something? Just wanting to buy some stuff in the future and would be nice to know.
Ok, found something close....

Got a Siemon ct-pnl-64 http://www.siemon.com/e-catalog/ECAT_GI_page.aspx?GI_ID=mp_ct-patch-panels

This is a modular 64 port patch panel system. It currently has 23 cat5 angled patch modules (http://www.siemon.com/e-catalog/ECAT_Index_page.aspx?category_id=wa has more) which means it is a 46 port Ethernet patch panel with 9 empty sockets for other connectors.

Here are some pictures!

6btc shipped?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
The site looks great. I think you are going to get some business.  Smiley
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
Great service, glad you're bringing BTC in as an option. Pricing seems pretty high for used goods though.
Activity: 406
Very cool service.  Hopefully I can support you a bit one day if I need something.
You are right, sorry about that. http://www.kpsurplus.com/buy/efs_eia_t568b_24_port_ethernet_patch_panel_npp_1024/42289 is the only ethernet patch panel on the database right now, and there is only one. Give me an hour to hunt around in the warehouse and see what I can find. I'm positive that there is one out there somewhere.
I could use a pair of 48 port cat5 patch panel or a pair of 24s.

Couldn't really navigate that site in Opera, not going to use IE.

If you want to find and quote me on the above... that'd be great.

Ortronics 24 port telco patch panel OR-808044320 2RU

I can send you two of these: http://www.kpsurplus.com/buy/ortronics_24_port_patch_panel_or_808044482/66923 for 6 BTC, including shipping inside the continental us.

There should be empty room in the box to cram some small things if you need them. Cat5e cables, power cables, etc if you can think of anything you need.

Negative - I need cat5 - not rj11.

Ortronics 24 port telco patch panel OR-808044320 2RU

I can send you two of these: http://www.kpsurplus.com/buy/ortronics_24_port_patch_panel_or_808044482/66923 for 6 BTC, including shipping inside the continental us.

There should be empty room in the box to cram some small things if you need them. Cat5e cables, power cables, etc if you can think of anything you need.

I work with an eWaste company with hundreds of thousands of items in stock, and have decided to start accepting BTC. Our catalog of current materials, which changes every day, is available here: www.kpsurplus.com

I generally try to test things for people I know, when I can, before I send them out. Sometimes this isn't possible and sometimes it is. It really depends on what you are looking for. Some items are not going to be available for BTC, specifically items that are being sold for other people and items that require a permit to have (unless you can file a permit).

If you see something you might be interested in, post a link to the item(s) in this thread or send it to me in a PM. I will respond with a quote and will ship within 2 work days on receiving payment.

Feel free to ask questions. I can't lie, I'm super nervous about doing this but I'd love to have a few BTC to play with.

I AM NOW ACCEPTING LITECOIN AS WELL

I always ship with tracking with USPS, unless I am sending freight.

I AM NOT A GENII OR SOMETHING, CHECK THE SITE FOR WHAT YOU ARE SEEKING BEFORE ASKING!

Lets take a little tour of the place, shall we?

This is our current 'to be processed' queue. For the most part everything in this picture is not in the database, which means it is not on the website. This room is about 12k sq feet.

We use this space to prepare things for surplus removal, such as these TV's. Nobody in the world wants TV's. If anyone wants a box truck full of TV's, even tested working ones, well... you know a guy now. Don't dismiss the old ones with wooden boxes either, there is a growing new business in leasing that kind of equipment out as movie props!

We also use this space for queues, such as the 'toner and ink queue' pictured here. This stuff goes to a ton of different places. People buy wholesale lots of used ink to use in trade in programs, some of it is new in package anyway so it can be easily resold, and a few people have even started using some for non-Newtonian fluid experiments. I have been working on a database of ink cart weights empty and full, so I can weigh toner and determine how full it is. Once every 6 months we go through this queue and sort it all by make and model to go to posting.

We also use this space to store and sort out already-posted things that are matching, such as these printer/copier paper trays.

Things are picked out of the terrible side of the warehouse for posting, put onto carts and sent to posting. This is where pictures are taken, dust is removed, and items are tested. Our software automatically syndicates new posts onto ebay and other sites, as well as the site you all have a link to.

After posting it is given an inventory SKU (the same on the page) and sent to be stored in inventory. There are over 40 isles that look like this.

There it sits until an order comes in, in which case someone will take a cart around and collect everything for the order and then roll the cart with the purchase order attached to the shipping department. Here is shipping.

From there items are sent out on the loading dock by USPS or UPS usually, who come every day to take away the days orders.

I didn't take any images of our office area because I am afraid of catching someones private data, and the office is COVERED with purchase orders and the like with client data on it. I'll keep an eye out for a good time to snap some, but it's just cubicles. Oh, well, here are a few office pics that are kinda neat I guess.....

Hard drives, fresh off the DBAN train and ready to be used.

Tested working LCD's from this week.

We really do get a lot of projectors in, sometimes.

Military Surplus

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ak5VzRuCSag2dEtSSXBOaVEyT3JKNHBNTnpnZzlXU3c&output=html Is a link to my Military Surplus Kit inventory.
Pages:
Jump to: