Pages:
Author

Topic: Cloud Hashing - page 2. (Read 1851 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
July 15, 2014, 01:21:42 AM
I am wanting to try mining alt coins where can I rent hash power from ?
Activity: 873
Merit: 1007
July 15, 2014, 12:35:35 AM
Cloud mining actually encourages centralization.  If gives the cloud mining company are larger presence and the "gift" of your purchase allows them to either build or buy their own private farm which they make a profit off of and then "offer" to you 3 months after they made their share.  Rinse & repeat.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
July 14, 2014, 07:23:20 PM
speaking of cloud hasing where do you recommend.

please dont say bfl`s cloud contracts..
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
July 14, 2014, 11:46:46 AM
any smart person is going to charge you more than they can make, which means you pay more, than you can make.

it is like a drug dealer selling for less than they buy for. not good business lol

Exactly.
If the hashrate owner can expect to get 1 btc from the hashrate, why would he sell it for a lower price than that? Cheesy

Selling hashrate in cloudhashing service is actually one of the very few ways that a big mining farm can be profitable Cheesy

Of course, since the profit margin in cryptocurrency mining is so small, they'll be the only one to profit and the customer will be lucky to get 50% of his "investment" back, consider how quickly the network difficulty is increasing.
Activity: 145
July 14, 2014, 11:27:24 AM
Cloud hashing is great, until the site owner just decides to disappear theres that chance which can happen.

And they just walk away with all that bitcoin etc..
Activity: 571
Merit: 500
July 14, 2014, 10:48:05 AM
any smart person is going to charge you more than they can make, which means you pay more, than you can make.

it is like a drug dealer selling for less than they buy for. not good business lol

Exactly.
If the hashrate owner can expect to get 1 btc from the hashrate, why would he sell it for a lower price than that? Cheesy
Activity: 196
July 14, 2014, 05:13:52 AM

Activity: 519
Merit: 502
July 14, 2014, 03:39:08 AM
Ok, since I need a good substantial post ill start with this one.

What is cloud hashing? I am guessing its like renting someones equipment to mine for you, but then whats the point? Can you honestly make enough from renting the hashing to justify the initial purchase?
I guess there are different views I have started a blog on it. http://cloudcrypto.blogspot.de/

Check my signature there is a list of cloud hashing sites one gives away free 5khash so you can try it out and see if you like it or not. The idea behind getting cloud hashing is to avoid hardware breakdowns power outages internet disconnects etc. There are different reasons people do it. One big one is trade. I can always trade away my cloud power without losing value of hardware. Again you can check my signature there are many sites doing this. I trust cex the most but they are very exp maintenance wise. Plus you also can move upwards just by trading. If you want to give it a try look for the free site I mentioned which gives the 5khash you can test it out and see if you like it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 12, 2013, 10:41:50 PM

What is cloud hashing? I am guessing its like renting someones equipment to mine for you, but then whats the point? Can you honestly make enough from renting the hashing to justify the initial purchase?

Ofc you can make enough if you charge big your customers. Just see all those cloud hashing services where noone makes profit and still people are paying to rent gh/s.
Activity: 28
December 12, 2013, 10:39:11 PM

If you find enough , lets call them customers , yes!
It depends how much you charge for GH , and how many "customers" with no clue about bitcoins and mining but dreaming of a house in Bali you can get on board.
Activity: 30
December 12, 2013, 10:24:54 PM

Pages:
Jump to: