Pages:
Author

Topic: CNBC hosts are worried about BTC being x3 oz of gold - page 3. (Read 1255 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
physics, mathematics and engineering
I wouldn't give those shits the benefit of a click on their video...but I believe you.  
Financial journalism is rife with ignorance about everything,  including btc.
Doesn't surprise me.  They're making the same stupid mistake a lot of people
here make, comparing btc to gold.  Why those two assets out of hundreds of others?
It's completely arbitrary.   Why not compare btc to google stock while they're at it?

Well in fact I think it makes some sense. Because Bitcoin is the digital gold and I don´t just say this common annoying phrase, here are the simmilarities:

Things in which BTC and gold are equal:
 - Limited supply
 - The whole supply isn´t yet mined (and the word mined is no coincidence, "a better gold" is the basic concept of BTC)
 - It´s value is based on owning something and not on depth
 - It´s not controlled by someone (If the USA says they will not accept the value of Gold, fine this will influence the price of Gold but it won´t make gold worthless, same with BTC)

The only important difference: Gold can´t be traded via the internet, but it withstands a Millenium Bug
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
I wouldn't give those shits the benefit of a click on their video...but I believe you.   
Financial journalism is rife with ignorance about everything,  including btc.
Doesn't surprise me.  They're making the same stupid mistake a lot of people
here make, comparing btc to gold.  Why those two assets out of hundreds of others?
It's completely arbitrary.   Why not compare btc to google stock while they're at it?
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/08/07/bitcoin-hits-all-time-high.html?play=1

This is a must see. It's fun to see these clueless guys at "this bitcoin thing" going so high. They said they are worried because now BTC is worth 3 times an oz of gold. If only they knew this is only the beginning.

I think it will take for BTC to reach $10,000 for them to accept the new Bitcoin reality, it's then when all of these rich boomers will be getting into BTC and the price will go parabolic.
Pages:
Jump to: