Pages:
Author

Topic: Coin Control Without Satoshi Client? - page 2. (Read 2282 times)

legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354
aka tonikt
May 17, 2014, 11:22:43 AM
I see what you mean. You would need the whole client node to have a kind of GUI selection, via its web interface. That's how I do it.

Creating a GUI wrapper (like in Java, C# or even PHP), that would call fetchbal and then allow to edit the unspent.txt file in a more user-friendly way, perhaps even run the wallet at the end - that should not be much of a challenge. But nobody has created it, fwik
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
May 17, 2014, 11:09:25 AM
You can do it using gocoin, in node-less mode. You just need to build fetchbal tool and the wallet

Fetch the balance of your address(es) from a block explorer - e.g.:
Code:
fetchbal 1HZAQy4sq5JHtkbeEpHNB5NooqpskpNYzB 1GysXMDoDDkgrJcAK92SdEohbHvabu1PTX 1MvkVTM8eJ7FKMZnLLHA9FYUhwdPHE2rNt

Now you can edit the file balance/unspent.txt and leave there only the inputs you want to spend.

Then use wallet tool with the balance folder to make & sign a transaction. Obviously first you will need to arm the wallet with proper private keys (better do it on an offline machine).

And then just broadcast the signed transaction file (e.g. using this page: https://blockchain.info/pushtx)

Let me know if you had any questions.

Thanks for the input. I was actually looking for something more like the GUI in the Satoshi client, which would be more user-friendly for me Smiley
Going the manual selection of inputs method though, I think that brainwallet.org looks interesting.
But if anybody knows of a client that has a GUI for Coin Control but doesn't download the blockchain, please let me know.
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354
aka tonikt
May 17, 2014, 09:22:20 AM
You can do it using gocoin, in node-less mode. You just need to build fetchbal tool and the wallet

Fetch the balance of your address(es) from a block explorer - e.g.:
Code:
fetchbal 1HZAQy4sq5JHtkbeEpHNB5NooqpskpNYzB 1GysXMDoDDkgrJcAK92SdEohbHvabu1PTX 1MvkVTM8eJ7FKMZnLLHA9FYUhwdPHE2rNt

Now you can edit the file balance/unspent.txt and leave there only the inputs you want to spend.

Then use wallet tool with the balance folder to make & sign a transaction. Obviously first you will need to arm the wallet with proper private keys (better do it on an offline machine).

And then just broadcast the signed transaction file (e.g. using this page: https://blockchain.info/pushtx)

Let me know if you had any questions.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
May 13, 2014, 11:10:33 PM
Hiya,

I've been using the Satoshi client for a long time now, and since my internet speed and CPUs are horribly slow, well blockchain synchronization takes forever. However, I very much like the coin control feature in the client.

Is there any alternative client where I don't have to download the entire blockchain but there is still coin control features?

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: