Pages:
Author

Topic: Coin Flip Game - Needs Investor - page 2. (Read 2429 times)

Activity: 796
Merit: 251
July 08, 2016, 07:50:43 AM
"nothing too major, we just need 50-100 BTC" LOL

Can you please let me know more about your system?
What will attract people to your website?
What's the reason for not going the pvp route (not enough programming experience?)
What is your marketing strategy?
How are you setting up your provably fair system?

Just a few questions I'm sure most of us want to know.

We can't expect any large amount of players to play our game with a bankroll under 50 BTC. Imagine if Facebook only allowed 10,000 users to be logged in at any given time.

Players will create their own strategies and scripts which they can sell or giveaway on forums which introduces the game to new people and encourages them to try it.

We can still do PvP if we really wanted but it would be a lot more work and match-making could be an issue.

We will do giveaways for people to wear our signature on different forums as well as encouraging players to make strategies/scripts threads which directly advertises the game for us.

Every 5 seconds a new hash will be created, it will be heads or tails. If the hash is heads and you click heads within 5 seconds you win. If the countdown continues on you could get heads again or tails. I believe we will be using SHA256.

Players will create their own strategies and scripts which they can sell or giveaway on forums which introduces the game to new people and encourages them to try it.

- This does not set you apart from other websites that are doing the exact same thing. What are YOU doing to make YOUR game different. Not what is your community doing to make their experience different.

We can still do PvP if we really wanted but it would be a lot more work and match-making could be an issue.

- PvP will not take a lot longer to make and match-making is not an issue. just some simple NodeJS will get you setup in a day or 2 Smiley

NOTE: I am not trying to crap on your idea but understand that people need more concrete info.. Getting a bit sick of the amount of "looking for investor" threads popping up with next to no info in them. And I'm sure the rest of the forum is too.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
July 08, 2016, 07:39:19 AM

What's the reason for not going the pvp route (not enough programming experience?)

We can't expect any large amount of players to play our game with a bankroll under 50 BTC. Imagine if Facebook only allowed 10,000 users to be logged in at any given time.

We will do giveaways for people to wear our signature on different forums as well as encouraging players to make strategies/scripts threads which directly advertises the game for us.

Every 5 seconds a new hash will be created, it will be heads or tails. If the hash is heads and you click heads within 5 seconds you win. If the countdown continues on you could get heads again or tails. I believe we will be using SHA256.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
July 08, 2016, 07:09:39 AM
Would it be possible for you to use Moneypot to provide you with a bankroll and still be able to make it work with your custom game?
If not, I would launch the site with your own funds and make it so the maximum bets are fairly low and accept investment on the website itself (with decent stats etc.).

Using moneypot as bankroll would be a good solution for them, also could gain users from other moneypot apps. And i think its very difficult that someone invest from 50 to 100 Btc without knowing the developers of the game.
Activity: 896
Merit: 527
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
July 08, 2016, 06:10:50 AM
I'm afraid it'll be difficult for anyone to trust you with 100 BTC with a newly created account...
Activity: 154
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
July 08, 2016, 06:08:50 AM
might need to try getline over there borrowers asking up to 10btc so start of small and as 50btc is a huge amount I don't think you'll get that. The best and Only possible way is by having a good rep/trust and portfolio of you paying back loans with interest on time.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
July 08, 2016, 05:31:51 AM
Would it be possible for you to use Moneypot to provide you with a bankroll and still be able to make it work with your custom game?
If not, I would launch the site with your own funds and make it so the maximum bets are fairly low and accept investment on the website itself (with decent stats etc.).
Activity: 796
Merit: 251
July 08, 2016, 04:53:38 AM

Activity: 161
July 07, 2016, 08:26:49 PM
The game itself while unfinished can be completed within 2 days, we have many inspirations for themes and functions as well as the site's main functionality all thought up. Everything is set to go, we have a name. I haven't bought the domain yet but once I find an investor I'll do that ASAP.

Why do we need an investor? Our game intentionally was going to be PvP where the house would take 1% from all pots giving players 50/50 chances with -0.5% profit (other -0.5% comes from their actual bet totaling at 1% as mentioned). Now we think it would be easier and faster if we allow players to just bet against a house edge of 1%. Players choose heads or tails, if the outcome is there guess they obviously win. House edge will remain at 1% always. So, anyway back to the reason we need an investor, it's because we need a bankroll. Not something too major, for the beginning anywhere from 50-100 BTC should work well enough. If we start making traffic fast, and we have a marketing plan so that could very well happen, then that will need to be raised. And the investor would need to agree to raise it should it be required.

Myself and my partner will take 25% each, with the investor bringing home a nice 50% to glare at.

So just to clarify, we only need an investor for the bankroll and possibly hosting if the traffic becomes overwhelming. This at the beginning can range from 50-100 BTC, you must agree to be able to raise it up to 500 BTC. If you think you can't do that then we can limit bets but we'd prefer not to. We will not take the BTC from you until the website is finished and functional. =)

Suggestions/criticism wanted.
Pages:
Jump to: