Pages:
Author

Topic: Coin vs. Token - what would you use? - page 3. (Read 857 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
November 04, 2017, 10:36:59 AM
It is easier organizing and balancing your own coin. But for the use and distribution to many, It is needed to be a token for the users can easily exchange it to their own coin. But the pro's is directed towards coin and i would also love to have a coin rather than a token.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
https://twitter.com/PremiumPumps
November 04, 2017, 10:33:08 AM
It should be easier to organise your own coin, tokens would rely on some third party currency, for example the ETH smart contract system.
Your idea seems quite vague, make sure it is something new and needed otherwise definitely it will not work.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
November 04, 2017, 09:55:21 AM
Hey!

My team and me are currently planning a new project where we are internally discussing on whether using an own token or an own coin.
We are planning a project, where we and the users also should be able to use that coin/token on the website.
As both are usable and good, both have good and bad sides.

Coins (our favorite):
+ More easily usable in the platform/website
+ Fees cost only in the own currency/coin
+ No need for third party coins
+ We have enough experience to start with a Coin
- Each user needs a new wallet (not always! We work on a web wallet Smiley )

Token:
+ To buy/get and hold tokens is very easy
+ They already are easily usable in several wallet software
- Transactions need Ether/Gas
- Using them in a project would cost probably very much as each transaction costs something
- Implementing them into the website is a much bigger task
- We don't have enough experience yet
> Is maybe not even possible

To go more in detail, we want to make a project where users need to pay for certain actions, but also get rewards, each paid in our own currency.
We atm do not plan to make an ICO before, instead, we want to use a combination of the currently very popular airdrop and ICO combined.
Even as Token are useful in ICO, we tend to better use an own coin.

Thank you for participating in the poll!

Pages:
Jump to: