Pages:
Author

Topic: Coin vs Tokens - page 3. (Read 501 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0
September 01, 2018, 07:45:33 AM
Coins are not just a method of payments in the crypto-space. Many coins are here which are mostly used as a resource or asset but the payment. Having them in the blockchain makes many investors HODL them for a really long time, they will be benefited most I assume.
Activity: 294
September 01, 2018, 07:43:01 AM
Tokens are very important in the Cryptocurrency world as well. Because of tokens and ICOs crypto-space has evolved this much. If we stay awake in the market with utmost cautiousness, we can be benefitted mostly by tokens tough there are many scams.
Activity: 30
September 01, 2018, 06:19:08 AM
I don't think such discussion is really required for people who are just here to invest or to know about useful facts on crypto space. All they need to know is that tokens are distributed through ICO but coins are not rather coin is a unit of value that operates on its own blockchain.
Activity: 224
September 01, 2018, 03:42:31 AM
Coins are more reliable than token values in the market. ICO tokens are mostly undesirably scams, and many of the tokens are just in future shitcoins. Coins launched in the market are more likely to endure, some coins become dead though because the lack of public interest and reliability.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
September 01, 2018, 02:40:10 AM
One of the big difference coins minable tokens not.
Tokens usually need for proofing your investments in ICO
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
September 01, 2018, 02:38:56 AM
I do not think it's a good idea to compare tokens and coins. It seems to me that tokens are even more promising and profitable. But coin usually are more stable and reliable.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
September 01, 2018, 02:35:44 AM
The difference between coin and token is very clear as op described above, somehow it's quite confusing that people called coin as a token or token as a coin, You can find them even in the crypto related site which is bad,coin has their own platform and operates independently while token is not, it requires another platform such as ethereum to exist, people have to know the difference between these two things.
Yeah, most newbies gets confused about this two but its really important to know the difference so you will be confident where to invest. If the project have their own blockchain technology then I think it has an advantage compare to others.
Activity: 103
September 01, 2018, 02:23:14 AM
I really don't understand why people always try to start a competition on everything it spoil the situation sometimes ,  coin and token both are part of crypto, it up to the investors choice which one they prefer but both of them are good on their own ways
Activity: 350
September 01, 2018, 01:48:40 AM
thanks for sharing such an informative post. hopefully this airticle will be helpful for the newcomers who are new in crypto market.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 31, 2018, 07:14:30 PM
The difference between coin and token is very clear as op described above, somehow it's quite confusing that people called coin as a token or token as a coin, You can find them even in the crypto related site which is bad,coin has their own platform and operates independently while token is not, it requires another platform such as ethereum to exist, people have to know the difference between these two things.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
August 31, 2018, 06:56:07 PM
There's clearly a difference between coins and tokens. This is even evident in the ease of conversion for fiat. It's easy to convert coins to fiat values, but you have to convert tokens to coins first before trading them for fiat. This brings me to the question: where do you place ETH?
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
August 31, 2018, 06:47:27 PM
Tokens will be easily destroyed because they are influenced by a small community, they only hold it for a few months and after that throw it away.
coins are more stable and they have a larger community because they have their own blockchain.
Activity: 140
August 31, 2018, 06:44:14 PM
Its simply means a coin operates on its own blockchain whereas tokens are hosted by another platform and collected from the platform's blockchain.
Activity: 29
August 31, 2018, 06:41:50 PM
Very good read indeed but to be honest, details should not be for the newbies who just want to know the main difference between coin and tokens. For them, a coin operates on its own blockchain whereas tokens are hosted by another platform and collected from the platform's blockchain.
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
August 31, 2018, 05:53:19 PM
Thank you for posting this, I have seen a lot of new members in the forum who have been struggling with the terms and was mistakenly calling coins 'token' or vice versa. The article has some really in depth discussion on the features that makes coins and tokens apart from each other.
Activity: 238
ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform
August 31, 2018, 05:48:09 PM
Activity: 208
Merit: 13
TRUSTED CARS ICO
August 31, 2018, 05:37:43 PM
I was always confused about token and coins and used to think that both are same. This post just opened my eyes. This was such a clear discussion in both and explained that coin can act as money where tokens cannot.

Coins are in fact not coins, they are simply units that form the original chains on which you can build tokens. "Coins" is not a very good word to describe the original chain units, tend to confuse people.
Activity: 252
August 31, 2018, 05:28:52 PM
Tokens and coins are two different things in crypto world. Here it is explain very briefly. It will be very helpful for those who have some confusion both of it. I hope it will help for the newbie also.
Activity: 112
August 31, 2018, 05:28:41 PM
In the battle between coins vs tokens, the majority will go for coins. Coins are a form of digital intangible currency. And tokens are created on the blockchain technology.
Activity: 280
August 31, 2018, 05:08:55 PM
I am invested in investing in token instead of coin. Because if you can join a solid project, it can really make you rich when you enter the stock market. But coins already have already made their pricing.
Pages:
Jump to: