Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase is run by idiots - page 2. (Read 1525 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
June 15, 2016, 09:05:06 AM
The only idiot is the one who thinks coinbase is run by idiots. Its a seriously major exchange, not Mtgox. Remember that

The OP is talking about the buying service, not the exchange. Even then it sounds like the exchange has had a few weird moments too.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
June 15, 2016, 08:59:29 AM
The only idiot is the one who thinks coinbase is run by idiots. Its a seriously major exchange, not Mtgox. Remember that
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Age does not limit my ability
June 15, 2016, 08:11:18 AM
Their system is automated. It not Coinbase fault, its their system bugged out during price spikes
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
June 15, 2016, 06:47:43 AM
Yep. This is par for the course when there's a big price movement. I've seen a bunch of people complaining about it on other occasions. I dunno if Circle is any better at keeping on top of it but I'd be taking my business elsewhere.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
June 15, 2016, 02:38:58 AM
So I've been using Coinbase quite a bit for buys. Last week I made an instant purchase buy just before the big spike in price and the bitcoins should have been released immediately. For some reason, the transaction got stuck and the bitcoins were not credited to my account but stuck in a pending state. I sent in numerous emails none of which were returned but finally was able to reach someone on the live chat. He couldn't fix the situation and escalated the matter to a supervisor who would fix the problem and release my bitcoins. Mind you the funds have already been withdrawn from my bank account and completed. Well its still hasn't been fixed and when I go back to the same chat agent he cannot guarantee me when I will receive the bitcoin and give a definitive timeframe. It should have been a top priority to resolve a customers purchase. I have never had problems with coinbase before but when something breaks on their end good luck getting someone to promptly fix it. It's in my opinion this company is run by idiots.

I don`t trust Coinbase anymore.Their support is horrible.

I would never buy btc from them anymore.Their "instant" buy isn`t very instant  Grin

Hope that your problem will be fixed OP. Smiley
Activity: 699
Merit: 500
June 14, 2016, 07:42:05 PM
From you're description it sounds like some sort of loss prevention mechanism kicked in. I'm probably wrong. Perhaps it was just another natural error.
Have you tried other exchanges like btc-e and bitstamp? They're the only ones i can trust when it comes to trading.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
June 14, 2016, 06:58:30 PM
I'm pretty sure this isn't the only case of this happening. I distinctly remember many others having similar issues when there price spikes.

They would get denied their price if the price rocketed right after their purchase. Of course this is just from my memory of people's posts, so don't quote me on it.
Activity: 337
Merit: 253
June 14, 2016, 06:53:55 PM
So I've been using Coinbase quite a bit for buys. Last week I made an instant purchase buy just before the big spike in price and the bitcoins should have been released immediately. For some reason, the transaction got stuck and the bitcoins were not credited to my account but stuck in a pending state. I sent in numerous emails none of which were returned but finally was able to reach someone on the live chat. He couldn't fix the situation and escalated the matter to a supervisor who would fix the problem and release my bitcoins. Mind you the funds have already been withdrawn from my bank account and completed. Well its still hasn't been fixed and when I go back to the same chat agent he cannot guarantee me when I will receive the bitcoin and give a definitive timeframe. It should have been a top priority to resolve a customers purchase. I have never had problems with coinbase before but when something breaks on their end good luck getting someone to promptly fix it. It's in my opinion this company is run by idiots.
Pages:
Jump to: