Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase issue - page 2. (Read 596 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 513
October 01, 2017, 02:06:21 AM
When I first got into bitcoin coinbase was the one wallet I found that seemed trusted and reliable. Everything is working out great until about eight months ago I got contacted by them saying they no longer allow US customers and that i needed to withdraw my btc. I did so. My issue is, i have a local friend who has a coinbase account and he has never heard of this or been contacted by coinbase. Was wondering if any americans had the same experience?

It may be just a select few states that are not able to use Coinbase anymore but you are definitely able to still use Coinbase if you are in the majority of US states. I've not received any emails from them personally.

I don't think that anyone else have received the same email you received either.

Is it possible that you may have received a phishing email?
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
October 01, 2017, 12:27:25 AM
When I first got into bitcoin coinbase was the one wallet I found that seemed trusted and reliable. Everything is working out great until about eight months ago I got contacted by them saying they no longer allow US customers and that i needed to withdraw my btc. I did so. My issue is, i have a local friend who has a coinbase account and he has never heard of this or been contacted by coinbase. Was wondering if any americans had the same experience?
Are you sure that they have banned US citizens?

They are a primarily US based company so i doubt that they have stopped serving US based citizens at all. Plus, on their official website states that US is clearly still accepted as a country: https://www.coinbase.com/global?locale=en.

However, their support is completely horseshit right now. Honestly, i would not use them even if they were open to your country simply because of the sheer amount of complaints that are currently open against them.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1082
September 30, 2017, 11:13:53 PM
You need to pass their stringent and rigorous KYC verification checks before you can trade or transact with them without headaches. Yes, they are FinCEN licensed and regulated but they operate under strict government guidelines governing money movements.

What I find surprising is your post above about Coinbase not allowing US customers when in fact they are a US based exchange and usually cater to US residents first and foremost. Care to explain more?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
September 30, 2017, 10:43:55 PM
Am from east coast and I set up a buy btc every paycheck, no issues here with coinbase.
Activity: 462
Merit: 115
September 30, 2017, 10:42:07 PM
I'm a US resident/citizen that registered an account on Coinbase, loaded it with CC AND US Bank account funds purchased BTC all within the past three months and I never had an issue with them.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 502
September 30, 2017, 10:33:51 PM
Pages:
Jump to: