Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase Issues - page 2. (Read 2703 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 06, 2014, 12:06:38 PM
hello fellow glper
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 06, 2014, 08:37:22 AM
Oh, and this arrived fairly early in the process yesterday in an email from Coinbase:

====================================

Good news. You can now buy and sell more bitcoin on Coinbase.

We've raised your limits to the following:
Buy Limit:     10.00 BTC per day
Sell Limit:     50.00 BTC per day

You can view these limits at any time from the verifications page.

You can visit the buy page now to start a new purchase.

Thank you for choosing Coinbase!

Kind regards,
The Coinbase Team

====================================

Not particularly helpful in understanding WTH is going on...
Why would they send me an email like this if they 1> Can't confirm my first order for ONE bitcoin is in process, 2> Haven't verified my bank account yet, and 3> Have not recognized my valid identity?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 06, 2014, 08:30:52 AM
Hi all.  I am brand new to bitcoin, and heard that coinbase.com was a good place to start. 

I created and account on Saturday, and yesterday I attempted to buy my first bitcoin.

I found the multi-step verification process to be quite difficult and frustrating.

Here are the issues I've encountered:

1. I keep getting kicked off the site, and when I go to log back in the previous code I got over the phone from their computer doesn't work, and you have to go ask for another phone call to get another code.  That happened four different times yesterday.

2. I think I ordered a bitcoin, but there was never any indication like "pending" or anything in my account summary to show success (or lack of success.)

3. When checking here: https://coinbase.com/verifications  ...there is this phrase "Complete A Purchase Buy some bitcoin and wait at least 30 days" under level two, which I completely do not understand.  "Wait at least 30 days??"  For what?  BTW, all my level one verification is done except for the bank account verification, which I am hoping to complete today.

4. It refused to verify my identity even though I gave the proper information, and then it says you have to wait 24 hours to try again.  WTH???  I am going to give the same information...

5. I emailed them to complain about some of this stuff, and got what was (I think) a written reply (as opposed to a computer generated reply:)
"Hi there, thanks for the inquiry! A purchase typically takes 4 business days to clear as the funds flow between banks using ACH transfers. It's possible to see the exact delivery time by checking the history page: https://coinbase.com/transfers Keep in mind there are ways to further verify your account and purchase at instant speed! You can see more information on this here: https://coinbase.com/verifications. Hopefully this information helps. Please don't hesitate to send me a message if you need any further assistance!"

As you can see there was no answer about 1> repeatedly being bounced off the site, and having to call for a new code every time, 2> the lack of any indication whether they are actually processing my 1 bitcoin order, 3> their failure to verify my valid identity.

6. I did send two follow up emails to the above reply, and BOTH OF THEM BOUNCED BACK AS UNDELIVERABLE.

I have to say, to this point, I am very unimpressed with Coinbase.com and would welcome any advice anyone can supply.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: