Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinBase Ran Out Of Coins ... [BLANK STARE] - page 2. (Read 3315 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
February 24, 2014, 09:44:16 PM
Wow! I didn't even realise that was a thing that could happen!

Like McDonals they have a really good idea of what to expect, in terms of trades each day, so they try to keep those coins online for that, and when traffic gets heavy flags start to wave to announce an unplanned buying pattern.   Once those flags start to fly mgmt gets more coin so that they could take care of the new unexpected traffic. 

As the ceo of coinbase explains, most of the coins are held off line, some locally, some not so local but in state, then more out of state by in country, then key parts for the remainder scattered around the world (perhaps 5 places).  This way a major alarm doesn't have to sound if the need is only for coins stored offline locally.   

see vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwG1roO70co&list=PLEUe0yAulQTtJp-KuUVxx_acD0B4cOh7o&index=11
February 24, 2014, 09:23:48 PM
They're back up again...

Thanks for that, I missed the $515 but was able to get $517 so I'm pleased, thanks again. 

I'm trying to grab up some bits here and there as it goes down hoping to see it break under $500.

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
February 24, 2014, 09:12:18 PM
They're back up again...
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
February 24, 2014, 09:04:38 PM
Wow! I didn't even realise that was a thing that could happen!
February 24, 2014, 08:59:22 PM
I missed dips in the market because of research, because of security, because of documentation, and because of bad timing, but NOW when I think I have all of my ducks in a row just when I'm about to pull the trigger (on some $515. btc)  Coinbase says:

'sorry, we're sold out'

What??   It's 4pm on a Monday, get to transferring some coin from safe 'B' to safe 'A'.

Dagnamit!

Cool!  I just took their last 50 - I guess! 

oh, rub it in  ...

what price were you able to get them at?
February 24, 2014, 08:55:21 PM
I missed dips in the market because of research, because of security, because of documentation, and because of bad timing, but NOW when I think I have all of my ducks in a row just when I'm about to pull the trigger (on some $515. btc)  Coinbase says:

'sorry, we're sold out'

What??   It's 4pm on a Monday, get to transferring some coin from safe 'B' to safe 'A'.

Dagnamit!

Pages:
Jump to: