Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase Staking. - page 2. (Read 210 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
November 07, 2019, 06:16:48 PM
they would be taking a cut from the staking and if people pool the funds in a 1 entity this makes the exchange be in control of the system. Also this would be a risk if the exchange gets hacked and they would be have a problem in liquidity, people should not trust their money into exchanges.
And for both of those reasons you would be better off staking your own coins.  I'm assuming tezos isn't more difficult to stake than any other pos coin, so I'm really not sure why anyone would take this kind of risk *and* profit reduction just to have an exchange be custodian for your coins. 

Coinbase is regulated by the U.S. gov't, so I don't think the risk of losing money because of a hack is quite as bad as if some unregulated exchange did, but I still don't see why someone would choose to go this route.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
November 07, 2019, 06:14:00 PM
well, i guess private staking is a trend for now.
recently we hear binance create many many staking for coins wich they choose.
and now , Coinbase is for the first time allowing general users to earn rewards by simply holding cryptocurrency.
started with Tezos and did not rule out adding other coins.
in terms of ecosystems of course that's a very good thing for the coin.
well , any thought ?

This will be a hot topic for a while around here it seems hehe Cheesy i wish Coinbase had an offficial thread here people could discuss things on
I tried that staking but idk, when i click thru the screens nothing happens : / people said its for US right now only tho maybe so thats probably why
Here's to hoping this is only the first of many staking coins for them to offer!  Shocked
Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
November 07, 2019, 05:46:47 PM
and now , Coinbase is for the first time allowing general users to earn rewards by simply holding cryptocurrency.
well , any thought ?
they would be taking a cut from the staking and if people pool the funds in a 1 entity this makes the exchange be in control of the system. Also this would be a risk if the exchange gets hacked and they would be have a problem in liquidity, people should not trust their money into exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041
1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR
November 07, 2019, 05:13:08 PM
well , any thought ?

I'm not that familiar with Tezos. However, if you have a service that users can deposit coins that are able to be staked and you don't give those profits to your users, it's just not right in my opinion. Someone is making a profit from all of those millions of dollars in coins being held there. Give it to the people that own the coins and just take a small percentage. Seems like the fair way to do it to me.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
November 07, 2019, 03:01:26 PM
well , any thought ?
Pages:
Jump to: