Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase the next Mt Gox? - page 2. (Read 1574 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
June 11, 2017, 11:57:59 PM
Never have a problem cashing out from mining on coinbase...so not sure wtf you are talking about....and it is usually in 5,000 usd chunks

just saying.....

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 11, 2017, 11:56:35 PM
"I bought $20 worth of Bitcoins and it was fine so the site must be working!"

Have you looked at the forums?
There are multiple people with 5 figures taken from their bank account weeks ago and still nothing in their Coinbase account,
page after page of people with missing coins in their accounts or randomly locked accounts with money in it and no response from support for weeks/ months.
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
June 11, 2017, 11:25:51 PM
 I have only been using Coinbase for a couple months now but am yet to run into any problems. I think many of the issues people are having have to do with them breaching the Terms of Service contracts.
Activity: 266
Merit: 103
June 11, 2017, 10:05:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if coinbase blew up into a mt gox type situation. They are a pretty crappy service. Their fees are obscene and their limitations are crippling. And yeah, people get locked out of their accounts at times of high volatility, which is when everyone wants to get into their accounts. Seems unethical to me. TBH I kind of hope they crash.

btw I have used them in the past and don't anymore.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
June 11, 2017, 10:01:47 PM
Seems to me a rumour. I'm using it since one year and two days ago only I had withdrawn $ 400 worth of bitcoins. The confirmation was immediate and I had no problem processing the btc. Don't know why everybody is making it so alarming. Coinbase is having great plan with new goals. They will not leave their customers as it is and run away. They are already profitable organisation and always will be.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
June 11, 2017, 08:29:19 PM
Go on the Coinbase support forums or Reddit forum.
Page after page of people unable to access their accounts, weeks or months with no response from support.
Now there are many instances of people having their account locked right after making a large purchase/ bank transfer...
People sending coins to or from Coinbase but never having them show up...

This shows all the signs of a Ponzi scheme about to collapse.
If you have any coins on Coinbase and still have access to your account, I suggest you withdraw them right now.
(If you are still able to...)

Balance currently zero. Still hope it is not true since it was so convenient to buy and sell BTC with them for fiat. Guess there's lots of alternatives though. I only use their services a few times a year.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 11, 2017, 08:23:32 PM
Go on the Coinbase support forums or Reddit forum.
Page after page of people unable to access their accounts, weeks or months with no response from support.
Now there are many instances of people having their account locked right after making a large purchase/ bank transfer...
People sending coins to or from Coinbase but never having them show up...

https://community.coinbase.com/t/12-500-usd-wire-in-limbo-112-hours-have-passed-since-they-received-support-merging-my-support-tickets/17728

https://community.coinbase.com/t/sent-a-wire-to-gdax-still-havent-been-credited/17915

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/6gni7t/all_transaction_confirmed_but_not_showing_in_my/
(These are just a couple examples. There are literally pages of people with suddenly locked accounts, missing coins, etc.)

This shows all the signs of a Ponzi scheme about to collapse.
If you have any coins on Coinbase and still have access to your account, I suggest you withdraw them right now.
(If you are still able to...)
Pages:
Jump to: