Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase Wallet (Android) Authentication Failed - page 2. (Read 204 times)

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
By default there should be no sign out on the self custody wallet.
Did your friend link it to their coinbase account?

Where are you located? I don't think coinbase does any form of geoblocking on the self custody wallet, but if you are in a restricted country they might have turned on some odd blocking where even the self custody can't talk to their servers. But I really doubt that.

-Dave

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hello, friend of mine configured Coinbase Wallet (the self custody app) on his Android wallet in 2021.

Then he got a new phone and did not restore the wallet there yet. Now in 2023 he asked me if I can restore it and I wanted to restore from his old phone (he doesn't have the seed phrase).

App is showing "Authentication Failed" and a button to sign out ( I didn't sign out ) , his Coinbase Wallet app was outdated so we updated it through Google Play but still he gets the same message.

We also tried clearing cache for the app but it doesn't work.

Is there any way to recover from this error without deleting App data? I guess the private key is still on his phone in the app data but as said the wallet app throws "Authentication Failed" and you can only retry or sign out.
(https://users.encs.concordia.ca/~mmannan/publications/Horus-SecureComm2021.pdf)

Please help, don't tell me he needs the seed phrase as he doesn't have it but he has the phone and app with the seed data stored on android and we need to find a way to extract it.

I'll try to backup the app data before doing anything, hopefully it can be done as his phone is not rooted and afaik it's hard to backup app data without root. He is on Huawei Android 12 (EMUI 12).

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: