Pages:
Author

Topic: Coindesk and its drama - page 2. (Read 190 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
April 26, 2018, 03:41:51 PM
My thoughts are that we should never be too quick to judge. Coindesk has a very good reputation.

A very good reputation? Is this your personal opinion or are you quoting sources here? AFAIK Coindesk used to write articles based on tips from random sources, so they used to be a scam megaphone. I'm not following their articles now, but in 2014/15 they had a bunch of fake articles that turned out to be nothing but lies.
I also saw them pumping altcoins and writing articles about coins they were holding. That's why if you check their columnist's profiles, many of them state that they don't have any cryptocurrencies, so that they can't be accused of being overly positive for their own financial benefit. Now, do I believe that people who write articles about cryptocurrencies for a living don't have any coins? Of course not, do you?

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
April 26, 2018, 03:29:12 PM
Coindesk is a popular news site, that just recently posted an article on Omisego and had a scam airdrop link. Lots of people are upset over this as they should be, including Vitalik and Omisego who are boycotting this year coindesk consensus meeting. Another issue is that in response to this, Peter Rizzo who is the Editor in Cheif has been quite unprofessional about this.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that we should never be too quick to judge. Coindesk has a very good reputation. They may be a victim of this just like all of us. We shouldn't automatically assume it was part of an intentional evil scheme without knowing what happened exactly and only judging by the reactions of others.

We certainly don't know and don't have all of the facts.

Perhaps their only fault is that they should have checked things thoroughly before publishing.

I do agree that we shouldn't just jump on them for 1 mistake. However, they have made multiple and they are not fixing it. They have really bad procedures with listings, which is going to cause a lot of bad publishing. They just are not running in a professional way, its okay to make mistakes when you own up to them.
Activity: 478
Merit: 113
April 26, 2018, 03:24:28 PM
Coindesk is a popular news site, that just recently posted an article on Omisego and had a scam airdrop link. Lots of people are upset over this as they should be, including Vitalik and Omisego who are boycotting this year coindesk consensus meeting. Another issue is that in response to this, Peter Rizzo who is the Editor in Cheif has been quite unprofessional about this.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that we should never be too quick to judge. Coindesk has a very good reputation. They may be a victim of this just like all of us. We shouldn't automatically assume it was part of an intentional evil scheme without knowing what happened exactly and only judging by the reactions of others.

We certainly don't know and don't have all of the facts.

Perhaps their only fault is that they should have checked things thoroughly before publishing.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
April 26, 2018, 03:18:10 PM

What are your thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: