Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinDesk censors Monero, loses credibility - page 5. (Read 4700 times)

Activity: 795
Merit: 514
August 03, 2014, 05:13:43 AM
Whether you're a supporter of Monero (or cryptonote in general) or not, I hope that many of you see the importance of (relatively) unbiased journalism. It has become quite apparent that CoinDesk is all but refusing to acknowledge the existence of the tech, despite its recent explosion into the alt scene. CryptoNote is arguably one of the biggest innovations in the crypto space since BitCoin, and yet has hardly received a mention on CoinDesk, nevermind an explanation. Two months ago this lack of reporting seemed innocent and excusable, but now it's getting pretty ridiculous. I've commented on CoinDesk's blatant omissions in several relevant articles and every single time my comments were removed.

This post is not out of concern for Monero, as the currency is doing exceedingly well and will continue to grow whether CoinDesk chooses to acknowlege it or not. It is, however, a huge red flag to anyone who looks to CoinDesk for unbiased news reporting and updates on the general state of the crypto space. They've just lost a ton of respect and credibility.

I highly encourage those of you who use Twitter and care about the issue to call their asses out! @coindesk
Pages:
Jump to: